Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

hello i made the game all by myslef

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

OhsH posted:

Lance stroll, dev of the day

youve caught me, this game is in fact funded entirely by canadian billionaire lawrence stroll

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Babe Magnet posted:

If multiple people are not aware of me at any given moment I begin to unravel in time. I need this.

when i worked on a Certain Other Game one of the other artists had a tantrum because he wanted his name to be above mine in the credits and imply he had seniority over me. on announcement he got himself banned from editing it because he kept trying to go under everyones nose to change it.

a few weeks later someone edited the wikipedia page to do the same, suspiciously it was the only change made and it was from an IP in the state he lived in

i am so glad we don't have to deal with poo poo like this

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

as the mod who stuck this thread i demand top billing

HugeGrossBurrito's Outworlder

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

RFC2324 posted:

is this game linux compatible?

It *should* be in theory but we don't have much testing data. Any contributions would be greatly appreciated.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

yoloer420 posted:

Steam says windows only. Please provide Linux and Mac builds. Tia

Ill ask one of our devs to make a Linux build.

Mac wont be coming for a while.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Wamdoodle posted:

finally Stadia will have its killer app

Reminds me, I remember once in 2013 a Certain Defunct Indie Console got in contact with us asking if wed be interested in porting to it. We responded sure, wed be open to it after we complete the PC version.

The next day they released a press statement listing us as one of their launch titles. We had to throw a gigantic fit to get them to remove us from it.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Roflex posted:

It's more like I feel like I'm missing some controls or something, I've dug out a hole and chopped some trees and scavenged some plants, but don't know what else to do.

Make sure that theres a heat source (a campfire will do for now), some food stocked in a chest and that your NPCs have a clear path to both.

If they do, then its our bad - NPC AI is next on our to do list because currently theyre extremely stupid and will glitch out and happily stand there while starving and freezing to death.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Upcoming changes:

Steam ID will show Outworlder Playtest
Bleeding affliction disabled until we figure out a better way to display it
NPC afflictions show on tooltip
Switch to D3D11
Improvements to weapon animation and physics

Coming soon:

Automatic port forwarding
Planet temperature will be increased so you no longer freeze to death. In future, temperature will reflect your surroundings more accurately. IE it will only be freezing if theres snow and ice everywhere

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

They're bad at getting food from chests rn.

At this point we should just leave Buddie as the weirdo he is because I just perceive it to be his personality at this point.

Its hilarious because 1) Buddy was planned to be this kind of lovable oddball goof that everyone keeps in their base and 2) He was meant to be Buddy, not Buddie, but I think the "ie" gives him character

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

The French Army posted:

I hosed around with this thing for like an hour. Dug a big fuckin hole covered with concrete, that's my super secret base. I got Buddy, Daisy, Jax, Paws, Jax and Tiny Toes. That's right, double Jax.

The first thing on my wish list is a ladder. It would be nice to be able to move up and down without jumping on platforms. The second thing is to minimize the colonist list.

Both are coming very soon!

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

hbag posted:

this looks dope
is the health system similar to rimworld's? cause that's like my favourite aspect of that game tbh

I'm designing this game so that everythings scalable. An advantage to that is it gets the game in everyones hands faster and it allows us to expand on features later, a disadvantage is that to start out things will feel pretty bare bones.

Currently the health system sort of resembles a fighting games, to be put simply. When you take damage, a certain proportion is recoverable passively (the rate of which is aided by your hunger level), while other items actively recover health and/or restore the amount that can be recovered.

Currently theres bleeding and hypothermia, but theyre dummied out until we can get the proper UI and visual tells in so the player knows whats happening. We don't want to go down the Project Zomboid path of having the only sign your guys literally starving/freezing to death being a tiny icon you can barely see. It should be overwhelmingly obvious and we don't have the UI right now.

Next would be surgeries and limbs. That allows for things like cyborg legs (or peg legs!) or even losing limbs if you take a lot of damage.

Ultimately the goal would be to have something like RimWorlds (though nothing insane like DF). Right now its just too much work but everythings laid out so that if we want to work on adding it later, it can go on top of what's already there rather than having to redo everything from scratch.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Zlodo posted:

Neat. I take it you're also using space station 13 as an inspiration source? If you're not, you may want to look at it.

SS13 is an inspiration but Ill be honest, the last time I played it in earnest was around 2009, so its probably changed a lot from what I barely remember. In any case I would really appreciate hearing any features from that you'd like to see.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

GolfHole posted:

thats good....

yet >

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Upcoming patch notes:

quote:

Note: This build uses the PREVIEW stage and cannot join lobbies from the LIVE (Steam Playtest) stage

- Updated Main Menu navigation
- Added public server browser when you click Join Game
- Updated notification icons for clarity
- Added alerts to signal missing beds, food, essential buildings
- New ledge climb animation for humanoids
- Auto-vaulting when holding up while walking against 1 block high obstacle

- Added Privacy and Port setting to server hosting settings
- Dedicated server now accepts -port and -privacy as arguments
- Quick fix on critters, especially birds, to be less likely to get stuck in 1x1 holes.
- Fix layering issue with sleeping players rendering in front of moving players
- Updated Unity version
- Fix issue where Hard Mode would never complete loading
- Buddie no longer exists; Buddy is now the only one.
- Fix issue that caused research progress to still get wiped
- Fix issue that caused "1111" to appear when you move a grabbed item around
- Misc sound fixes

Buddie is no more! Long live Buddy!

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

GolfHole posted:

does this game have loot boxes

One of the ultra rare gems in the game will be Meme Crystals, which are the games equivalent of Spice Melange and can either be sold for a lot of credits or consumed to increase certain stats. I suppose if we really wanted we could let you buy them too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

yeah were working on pathfinding + adding ladders so that multiple level buildings will path better

were also going to add an R for Reload text on the bar when its empty and/or possibly add an auto reload if you fire when empty

assigning mine/construction orders to NPCs is actually being worked on right now and will likely be in the next update