Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ass-penny

I got cassettes of Wallflowers Bringing Down the Horse and Smash Mouth's Fush Yo Mang for Christmas I think in 5th grade. I think the first music I bought for myself was Weird Al's Bad Hair Day. It uh... took some time for my music tastes to really mature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

What about your first vinyl record? Mine was A Touch of Klez by the Klezmore Conservatory Band. It is substantially cooler than my first tape or CD.

Ass-penny

barnold posted:

the first vinyl I intentionally went out and said "I need this" is B-Sides & Rarities 2xLP by CKY. limited release colored vinyl (purple and red) and also I was one of the first 300 people to order which means I have an ultra rare copy of Live At West Chester University. as a real fan of the band I don't keep up too too much with auction prices as I'm not interested in selling at all but both the 2xLP album and the bonus disc keep going up in value so I'm gonna go ahead and say good purchase barny way to go pal

Wow I don't think I have any pressings that limited. Colored records are super fun, especially if you didn't realize it when you make the purchase. In January of 2020 I picked up L'Orange's The Life and Death of Scenery on vinyl because it is such a amazing and conceptually driven hip hop record and when I took it out of the dust jacket I couldn't believe it didn't mention the coloring on the plastic wrap.

Ass-penny

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

the first CD i bought was royksopp's melody am

this was like, a week ago. i don't even have a CD player. it was just 5 bucks though so why not

the record store had deltron 3030 on vinyl but it was like thirty bux and also i don't have a record player :( (my roommate has one but it's one of those crosley ones that chews records up, so i've heard)

Was that Deltron used? Newer records typically run (in my experience) from the high teens to low thirties of dollars, new at least. The only really "contemporary" record I bought used was Event 2 by Deltron and I want to say I only paid 20ish for it after tax, which I thought wasn't too bad. Also a big fan of supporting touring bands even if you don't have the means to play media you bought from them.

Do Crosley stylus' really chew up grooves that bad?

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Ass-penny

October Rust owns and I will tolerate no poo poo talk.
Same goes for Kid Koala.
They both changed my life tho admittedly probably almost a decade apart.