Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Late to this thread, I offer the name of Truffle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Metaline posted:

Accidents happen! No one is angry with you here. Do what you need to do, but I hope you keep the cam up. Chickam has been such a highlight of the internet for me for years!

So sorry this has happened, but please don't blame yourself.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

devicenull posted:

"How to chicken" instructions are being studied

Do they know there's gonna be a test for them?

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

eating only apples posted:

There've been hard years in the past, VS. Sometimes it was the kids dying later, sometimes it was babies dying right after hatching, or in the days after. I remember so many who died as babies or young birds. They all had the best life possible. This one has been particularly rough though and I hope you all are doing okay through it. I hope you know that nothing about this was your fault. You do your absolute best for these guys and give them the happiest life imaginable. I'm so sorry that this is happening.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Velvet Sparrow posted:

We went to the feed store for chicken food....and...well, my kid was sad, and asked so nicely.

:henget:

Now we need to choose 4 new names!

Melon

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Velvet Sparrow posted:

Jonesy (by Pennywise) – Feed store buff Orpington chick, two weeks old. Large buff chick, no foot feathers.

Spork (by Rei) – Feed store Dominique chick, dark with a white head spot, no foot feathers.

Slick Charlie (by Spaghett) – Feed store partridge Rock chick, reddish-brown, fuzzy, no foot feathers.

Nyx (by Jae Brown) – Feed store Midnight Majesty Marans chick, dark with foot feathers. (although I will forever call this breed a Midnight Marauder)
Great names. Welcome, little ones!

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Velvet Sparrow posted:

Chicken Boo is gone.

I'm so sorry. :smith:

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Slick Charlie!

Oh god yes :five:

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Charlotte is tiny compared to the other!

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Velvet Sparrow posted:

Charlotte has been released from baby jail! Distracting everyone with corn, so far, so good.

Go, Charlotte the Mighty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Have long happy lives, chickens!

They're in the best home with VS.