Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Casimir
Dynastar, Toktok Waver, Farcaster

"Don't you see."

The traveling trader shirked under Casimir's looming face.

"I need to get closer to the DIE. You should empty your sledge to make room for Hexen. Then you can drive us all to the Engin-"

At that point the trader was running away as fast as his feet could take him.

Casimir claimed his Traksledge and promptly crashed it into a nearby house.

Reload Dynastar

City Event: 1d6 6

City Event Choice: 1d6 6 - GENEROUS PATRON PICK ITEM FROM STARTER LIST

TRAKSLEDGE GET

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Geriontius the Young
3/3
Weapon: Garistalest
Artifacts: Binding Talisman, Brikk Armour, Travel Rations (Loaded)

"Thanks for the ride, happy hunting."

Move: Start in 36D. NW to the road in 21G with +2 road move there and W via road to 21F, rest of move to end in 21C

event chance (Mountain): 2#1d6 1 3

Garistalest Utility W, load it.

Final tile 21C

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

HEXEN REPORTS posted:

46 - Artemis Rynn encounters a City Event: 6 GENEROUS PATRON PICK ITEM FROM STARTER LIST
56 - Daedalu Santeria interfaces with the DIE! Tekkawand reads [6, 2]; DIE-SUBSYSTEM-2-2: 3d6 5, 6, 5; [CONNECTION SUCCESS - SUBSYSTEM “CONQUERING WAVE” DIFFICULTY REDUCED TO 2]
13 - Captain Daryll Drake attacks DIE-D for 118 Damage!
51 - Alex Smoothson encounters a City Event: 3 THE FINEST SMITHS WEAPON GAINS ADDITIONAL 1D10
14 - Dabid Hexenborough attacks DIE-F for 134 Damage!
48 - Salt attacks DIE-D for 502 Damage!
49 - Patrick Needle interfaces with the DIE! Tekkawand reads [1, 3]; DIE-SUBSYSTEM-2-2: 3d6 5, 6, 5; [CONNECTION FAILURE]
43 - Casimir encounters a City Event: 6 GENEROUS PATRON PICK ITEM FROM STARTER LIST

DIE-AGNOSTICS posted:

The DIE had lingered too long, gazing dully at its progeny. The Hexen could not have cared less about its motivation, and struck it another fierce blow. Its armor crumbling under the assault, it Keene's another Word.

DIE SUBSYSTEM ACTION posted:

The Dire Inscrutable Engine is heavily wounded! It speaks a Word!
DIE-WORD: 1d6 4
    4 WORD OF MASS DESTROY ENTIRE HEX WHEN MOVING - FURTHER UPGRADES INCREASE AREA OF EFFECT BY 1 TILE RADIUS. ADDITIONALLY, BREAKS BRIKK ARMOR IN HEX.
    The DIE shakes with rage, then settles upon its great haunches, some greater weight pressing down upon the earth.
DIE-SUBSYSTEM: 1d6 6
[SYSTEM2-AGGRESSION]
<ȶǟʀɢɛȶ ʟօƈӄɛɖ ȶǟʀɢɛȶ ʟօƈӄɛɖ ռօռɛ օʄ ʏօʊ ǟʀɛ ʄʀɛɛ ʄʀօʍ ֆɨռ>
    6 ANNIHILATING SLAM [3] MOVE TO AND DESTROY ADJACENT HEX IN 1d6 DIRECTION
    The DIE rears up before slamming its full weight down. Nothing will survive.
DIE-DIRECTION: 1d6 1
DIE destroys HEX4!

DRONE ACTION posted:

[timg]https://i.imgur.com/0MaxiWx.png[/timg
<օɮֆȶʀʊƈȶɨօռ ɖɛȶɛƈȶɛɖ>
DIE-MOVEMENT: 1d6 6
Tier I Drone moves to 19E!

The DIE coiled and lashed in the black and blasted land that boiled away the sea and left nothing behInd. Even in the recently vacated area, naked bedrock was exposed, water shying uncannily from it's boundaries in a never-ending curling wave. ”Uh, ambient thaumic pressure is off the charts, guys. It's warping gravity locally - Brikk Armor isn't going to cut it anymore, it'll crush you like walnuts. Do NOT get stepped on. Slithered on. Don't go underneath it!”

DIE SYSTEM CHANGE posted:

DIE-SYSTEM: 1d6 2
[SYSTEM3-DEFENSE]
<ɢɛȶ ǟաǟʏ ʄʀօʍ ȶɦɨֆ ʊռɨȶ օʀ ʄǟƈɛ ʄǟƈɛ ʄǟƈɛ ʄǟƈɛ>

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

The Early Johann
Artifacts: FarCaster + GeoMark:
Garistal: Tier 3 x1

"I might as well be carrying just a sofa for self defense if I can't get anything to shoot with this thing."

>Move 1NW, 1NE to 79B
>Search for Garistals in 65C

Garistal Search, 1d6-1 = 3
Forest Event, 1d6 = 1

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Apr 8, 2021

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Alex Smoothson
Weapon: DynaStar (1d800+1d10)
Artifacts: Toktok Waver + Traksledge

"Nice, with this newly improved weapon, I am sure to slay the D.I.E.! Everyone will be so impressed, gee whiz!"

>Toktok to 31D
>Move to 17D

Event Chance: Double Water: 2#1d6 1 1 (nah with extreme prejudice)

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Artemis Rynn
Wounds: 0/2
Start: 83D
Weapon: Dynastar (Loaded)
Artifacts: Brikk Armor, Toktok Waver, Farcaster, Paddlepad (new)

Toktok Waver Move from 83D -> 34B

Dynastar Scan

Scan: 1d6 1

Event?: 1d6 6 - Yes

What Event?: 1d6 6 - Acquire Paddlepad

Artemis returned to Bellwood, to discover the DIE had gone out to sea. Rather than immediately swim after it, she sang the Question Song to see what she could learn of the monster's capabilities. After learning what she could, she was touched when a local fisherwoman offered her the use of a Paddlepad to help speed her pursuit of the monster. If we keep working together like this, she thought, we can't possibly lose!

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/fk8lK9s.mp4

Casimir
Dynastar (Farcaster), Toktok Waver, Traksledge

"Coming through."

Move: 20g -> 20f -> 19g (Traksledge, feel free to hitch a ride.)

Farcasted Dynastar vs DIE: 1d800 245

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Dynastar-Unloaded>Loaded
Jokrunner- +4 Move on road tiles
Toktok Waver- transport instantly between contiguous water-adjacent city tiles as a move action.
Travel rations- Free act, restore 1 sound to yourself or adjacent ally. Reload in city as part of heal act.

Move to 94B
Reload Dynastar

"I forsee great destruction in the north."

Event?: 2#1d6 5 3 no.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Lun Shavescalp ●●
Tekkawand 20d10 damage within 1 hex
Farcaster weapon has double range
Hookpad no movement penalty on mountains
Desert Charm additional roll for desert events

Lun hitches onto Daedalu's Traksledge at the last second. "Mind if I ride along? Good, thanks. Hey, you're looking pretty thin up there. Take my advice - just shave it off, you'll look magnificent, trust me."

Double move to 51E
Mountain Event? No

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Captain Daryll Drake
Wounds: 2/2
Weapon: TekkaWand
Artifacts: Paddlepad and Water Charm

Move to 35D

After moving carefully to avoid being in a direct line from the DIE, Daryll activate his Tekkawand's second function.

TekkaWand Tekka roll: 1d6 5
More Tekka Dice: 2#1d6 6 2
Assign all 3 dice to the Defense Subsystem of "3"/

Water Event (+Water Charm): 3#1d6 2 6 2

Water Event Specific...: 1d6 6 Disruptive Wave

Junpei fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Apr 8, 2021

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Dame Sunset
Start: 189B
Weapon: Tekkawand
Gear: Brikk Armour, TrakSledge, Geomark

On the way to Cincinero, Dame Sunset took a detour just off the road. Her Geomark was practically buzzing. The strange mountain ranges that had arisen in the wake of the DIE's previous incursion had all manner of unusual properties and artifacts, which the people of this world had bent to restoring it. Every now and then, one still turned up...there wasn't much of a chance, but considering how far she was from the D.I.E. it seemed like this might be the best way she could help after all.

Move to 60F.

Mountain icon event check: 2d6 6, 4
Mountain event (Geomark): 2d6 2, 5

Event choice: Among The Stones.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Daedalu Santeria
HP: 2/2
Artifacts: TrakSledge & HookPad: +2 Move, Drag others, ignore Mountain movement penalties

"Hah! Take that!" Daedalu cheered.

The Hexen's TekkaWand Tekkarray display had flashed a bright, cryptic message and then the readouts showed that Daedalu had caused a fair degree of fault damage on the innermost workings of the D.I.E.

"Let's try that again, shall we..?" the Hexen hacker mused to himself.

Daedalu Santeria hailed Patrick Needle on the communications charm.

"Patrick, it worked! Something happened this time! We'll have to compare notes and try again, posthaste!"

Movement: Move 1: 23D -> [NW2] -> 35B.
Action: TekkaWand Hack: 2 adjacent TekkaWands (Captain Drake and Patrick Needle): TekkWand Hack - Targeting System 3: Subsystems 4, 5, 6: 3#1d6 ss4: 6 // ss5: 1 // ss6: 1
Event Chance: Double Forest: 2#1d6 2 4 - no event!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Dabid Hexenborough
Weapon: Garistalest ATTACK: RANGE 2 TILE, [GARISTAL TIER - 1d100] DAMAGE, MUST BE LOADED WITH GARISTALS / UTILITY: RECOVER A TIER 1d6-1 GARISTAL FROM AN ADJACENT SQUASHED TILE.
Loadout:
Water/City/Forest Charms (ROLL AN ADDITIONAL 1d6 TO SEE IF YOU TRIGGER EVENTS IN WATER/CITY/FOREST TILES)
4d100 Garistal

Dabid stopped swimming for a moment in shock and just treaded water. Once more the vile DIE had narrowly missed him. If a friendly Hexapus hadn't pulled him away, he too would have been SQUASHED under the DIE.

Dabid put up his Garistalest and looked to the nearest reef, calling out to the Hexeels for aid. Would they show him a Garistal to use against the dire engine in protection of their own home?

Utility: Garistalest Search: 1d6-1 4
Move to 3E
Event: No Water Double Event w/ Charm: 3d6 4 1,2,1

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Patrick Needle
Move: 2 | Wounds: 0/3
Artifacts: Paddlepad, Binding Talisman

Lux Animus posted:

"Patrick, it worked! Something happened this time! We'll have to compare notes and try again, posthaste!"

The voice of Daedalu Santeria crackled in Patrick's ears. That'd explain the traks on the mountain, his latest hot rod eating up the countryside like there's no tomorrow. Patrick thumbed the reply button. "That's great, Daed! And it's good to hear your voice once more, too. Looks like my attack fizzled. But as for trying again..." He watched the smaller monster bash fruitlessly against some distant mountains. "...there's something I've gotta take care of first. Don't worry, I'll stay close. Speak to you soon."

Patrick made his way back to the road and then on, past an old "Welcome to Bellwood" sign that someone had gone to great measures to affix a new "NEW" sign to the town's name, up an old abandoned ruin that was once a hospital. In range. He flipped a switch on his Tekkawand, looked north-west at the DIE trampling the very sea itself, then pointed it at the comparatively small Drone, and fired.

Moving to 20G/35A. Adjacent to Junpei and Lux Animus for hacking benefits.
Attacking Drone A with Tekkawand: 20d10 100
Event?: 1d6 1 No.

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Apr 8, 2021

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Geriontius the Young
3/3
Weapon: Garistalest (Tier 4 loaded)

Last turn's garistal: 1d6 4

Garistalest vs Drone in 20C: 4d100-1d100 155

Move: Stay put in 21C

Final tile 21C

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

HEXEN REPORTS posted:

46 - Artemis Rynn encounters a City Event: 6 GENEROUS PATRON PICK ITEM FROM STARTER LIST
43 - Casimir attacks DIE-D for 245 Damage! Armor Break!
13 - Captain Daryll Drake interfaces with the DIE! Tekkawand reads [5, 6, 2]; DIE-SUBSYSTEM-3-3: 2d6 3, 3[CONNECTION FAILURE] Captain Daryll encounters a Water Event: 6 DISRUPTIVE WAVE DISABLE RANDOM SUBSYSTEM OF DIE IN ADJACENT HEX
59 - Dame Sunset encounters a Mountain Event: 2 AMONG THE STONES GAIN TEMPORARY WOUND WHILE ON CONTIGUOUS MOUNTAIN TILE
56 - Daedalu Santeria interfaces with the DIE! Tekkawand reads [6],[1],[1];
    DIE-SUBSYSTEM-3-4: 2d6 1, 2[CONNECTION FAILURE]
    DIE-SUBSYSTEM-3-5: 3d6 3, 1, 3[CONNECTION SUCCESS - SUBSYSTEM “MENDING FLOW” DIFFICULTY REDUCED TO 2]
    DIE-SUBSYSTEM-3-6: 3d6 6, 2, 1[CONNECTION SUCCESS - SUBSYSTEM “CALL OF THE DIE” DIFFICULTY REDUCED TO 2]
49 - Patrick Needle attacks Drone A for 100 Damage! Drone A destroyed!
53 = Gerontius the Young aborts attack on Drone A - Target Invalid! Garistals retained!

DIE-AGNOSTICS posted:

The DIE flinched in agony(?) as it was buffeted by attacks kinetic, arcane, and tekkanological. To add insult to injury, its lone drone fell after haplessly bumping around the mountainside. ”Man, I’m glad this thing is so dumb. Ha! Maybe we’ll take it down before it can do any real damage!” The Hexen all frowned at that. That was asking for trouble. ”Oh, uh, a reminder - once you break that armor, stop hammering that section - once it breaks, it’s temporarily invincible! Or, you know, more invincible.”

DIE-SUBSYSTEM: 1d6 2
[SYSTEM3-DEFENSE]
<ƈǟʊȶɨօռ - քɛɖɛֆȶʀɨǟռֆ ֆɦօʊʟɖ ӄɛɛք [3 ӄɨʟօʍɛȶɛʀֆ] ʄʀօʍ ȶɦɛ ɛռɢɨռɛ ǟȶ ǟʟʟ ȶɨʍɛֆ>
    2 ROLLING SHELL [2] NEGATE HALF DAMAGE TAKEN, THEN MOVE 1D6 IN RANDOM DIRECTION
    The DIE coils into a ball, presenting armored plates, before rolling across the earth like an avalanche!
DIE-ANGLE: 1d6 6 DIE-MOVEMENT: 1d6 6
DIE moves 6 Hexes! DIE encounters boundary and deflects before continuing motion!
Unit 14 is Destroyed! No Damage can be Recovered!

The Hexen watched in mute horror as it destroyed the sea with uncanny magic, then annihilated a city with casual power. It couldn't be allowed to reach the mainland.

DIE-SYSTEM: 1d6 2
[SYSTEM2-AGGRESSION]
<ץ๏ย. เ รєє ץ๏ย ๔๏ฬภ Շђєгє. เ ค๓ ɭยςเ๔, คภ๔ เ ฬเɭɭ єภ๔ ץ๏ยг קเՇเŦย-Ŧย-ŦยภςՇเ๏ภ ๔єՇєςՇє๔>

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Apr 9, 2021

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

The Early Johann
Garistal: Tier 3 x1

Johann had his hands in the surf as he was trying to find more Garistals when the subtle rumbling of waves gave way to the much larger rumbling of the D.I.E as it came to a stop right there in front of him.

Johann decided this area was less than ideal and immediately went back the way he came.

>Action: Searching for Garistals in squashed tiles, 1d6-1 = 0
>Move: Move 2SW to 79F

Forest Event? 1d6 = 4

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Apr 9, 2021

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Alex Smoothson

"Oh, golly", Alex remarked as the D.I.E. rolled around him with almost no room to spare, "It's almost like it's trying not to hit me!"

"I always knew that I was the chosen one!"

>Move 2SE to 32D
>DynaStar attack: 1d800+1d10 245

Event Chance: Squashed Water: 2#1d6 6 4 (nah, sadly)

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Lun Shavescalp ●●

Lun keeps pace with the Traksledge, to the annoyance of Danaru and his passengers. "Hey, just listen! Those hair loss medicines don't work! All they'll do is poison your cats! I went through three myself, before, you know -" He pantomimes shaving his hair (which he doesn't have anymore) off with his Tekkawand.

Double move to 50A
City event? No

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Dame Sunset
Start: 60F

Sometimes the deserts of the world also held treasures.

Move 2NW 1W 1NW. Move 4W 2NW to 23D.

Desert icon roll: 2d6 5, 1

...Sometimes not.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Artemis Rynn
Start: 34B
Artifacts: Brikk Armor, Toktok Waver, Farcaster, Paddlepad

Road Move from 34B -> 49D

Paddlepad Move from 49D -> 66A

Event?: 1d6 6 - Event!

What Sea Event?: 1d6 4 - Water Witchery

The first Hexen had fallen. It would be a miracle if Hexenborough were to be the only one to fall. Artemis added a hymn of memorial to the lost soul as she raced off in pursuit of the DIE. As she headed out to sea, she noticed a gleaming nearby. "Hey, I think there's a Garistal in the water near here!"

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Nerlin Duttle
Portrait: 4
Weapon: Tekkawand: Range (2)1 hex, 20d10 or Roll 1d6 and target subsystem and if roll matches subsystem decrease difficulty by 1. +1d6 for every adjacent tekkawand user
Loadout:
Farcaster- Double attack range
Hookpad- No move penalty on mountain tiles

Nerlin bowed his head and prayed for the life that was already lost to the D.I.E. Hexenborough was a good friend of his; Dabid had worked with him when he was filming a documentary on the rare Hexnosed Vampire Bat. He would be missed and so would the unique Pentafruit Bat of, now dead, Livestralia.

Nerlin grabbed his Tekkawand from its hiding place and went out to confront this danger for the benefit of all bats.

Start: 48E
No movement

Fire: Tekkawand v Side C: 20d10 130

Event: No. Search Mountain 1: 1d6 4

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Dynastar-Loaded>Unloaded
Jokrunner- +4 Move on road tiles
Toktok Waver- transport instantly between contiguous water-adjacent city tiles as a move action.
Travel rations- Free act, restore 1 sound to yourself or adjacent ally. Reload in city as part of heal act.

Move-to 65D (via road @ 80B)

"The spirits continue to guide me".
Dynastar: 1d800 622

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Daedalu Santeria
Artifacts: TrakSledge & HookPad: +2 Move, Drag others, ignore Mountain movement penalties

"Yes! Yes! And again, we've done it!" Daedalu Santeria exulted to himself, crowing over his TekkaWand hacking skills. "We're actually starting to get the hang of it!"

He flicked on his LandMaster's communications array.

"That was a nice shot too, Patrick - you really aced that drone!" Daedalu commented.

"Attention all nearby Hexen," Daedalu called out over the charm, contacting Geriontius the Young, Patrick Needle, and Captain Daryll Drake. "The D.I.E. is on the move again. Does anyone need a lift to help keep pace with it?"

Movement: Move 1: 35B -> [W1, SW2, W1, SW2] -> 66B, Move 2: 66B -> [SW2, SE1, SW2] -> 95C.
Traksledge: See transit map section below.
Event Chance: Double Desert: 2#1d6 5 1 - no event!

Transit Map (Green to Yellow to Red)

Before their turns (please note this movement in your orders):
#53 Geriontius the Young can begin their turn in 21C, 49C, or 94B.
#49 Patrick Needle can begin their turn in 35A, 66A, or 94D.
#13 Captain Daryll Drake can begin their turn in 35D, 66D, or 109A.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Captain Daryll Drake

I'll start in 109A.

Daryll hooked up the Sea Serpent to the modified Traksledge, and stayed quiet the whole ride, until they reached the final destination, when he whipped out the TekkaWand.

"Since we're all here and boosting each other, might as well take another shot at this."

TekkaWand Tekka roll: 3#1d6 4 3 6

Assign all 3 of those results to Aggression Sub-System 5.

Once he finished up that, Daryll took his boat back into the water.

Moving to 109E

Water Event (+Water Charm): 2#1d6 5 6

Water Event Specific...: 1d6 3

Ocean's Bounty.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Patrick Needle
Artifacts: Paddlepad, Binding Talisman

Lux Animus posted:

"That was a nice shot too, Patrick - you really aced that drone!" ... "The D.I.E. is on the move again. Does anyone need a lift to help keep pace with it?"

"Thanks, Daed," Patrick said to the TrakSledge driver as he got into the vehicle. "I'm sure we can defeat this thing if we work together."

Patrick spent most of the journey south staring out the window, ignoring the others, looking at where Livestralia once stood, at the devestation this senseless beast had wrought. As the sun set on another cloudless day he moved the requisite safe distance away from the others and attempted another hack. In the dying sunlight he saw something glinting in the sand beside the road.

Moving with Lux Animus to 94D.
Hacking subsystem 2: 3#1d6 3 3 1
Event?: 2#1d6 2 6 Yes!
What Desert Event?: 1d6 6 "ANCIENT TRACES - GAIN TEKKA NODE ITEM"

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Apr 10, 2021

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Geriontius the Young
3/3
Weapon: Garistalest (Tier 4 loaded)

Lux Animus posted:

"Attention all nearby Hexen," Daedalu called out over the charm, contacting Geriontius the Young, Patrick Needle, and Captain Daryll Drake. "The D.I.E. is on the move again. Does anyone need a lift to help keep pace with it?"

"Good plan! Pleasure to ride into battle with you once more."

Geriontius the Young cadges a lift to, and begins their turn in, 49C.

Garistalest vs DIE in 47: 3d100 138

Move: Use road movement to go E and NE, then go NE to end in 34D

event chance (water): 2#1d6 1 3

Final tile 34D

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

HEXEN REPORTS posted:

51 - Alex Smoothson attacks DIE-B for 245 Damage!
46 - Artemis Rynn encounters a Water Event: 4 WATER WITCHERY SPAWN A GARISTAL IN A RANDOM WATER TILE WITHIN 1D6 TILES! Tier V Garistal discovered in 50F!
4 - Nerlin Duttle attacks DIE-C for 130 Damage!
48 - Salt attacks DIE-E for 622 Damage!
13 - Captain Daryll Drake interfaces with the DIE! Tekkawand reads [4, 3, 6]; DIE-SUBSYSTEM-2-5: 2d6 3,5[CONNECTION SUCCESS - SUBSYSTEM “PRESSURE WAVE” DIFFICULTY REDUCED TO 1]
Captain Daryll encounters a Water Event: 3 OCEAN'S BOUNTY YOU AND ADJACENT ALLIES ARE FULLY HEALED
49 - Patrick Needle interfaces with the DIE! Tekkawand reads [3,3,1]; DIE-SUBSYSTEM-2-2: 3d6 3,4,5
[CONNECTION SUCCESS - SUBSYSTEM “CONQUERING WAVE” DIFFICULTY REDUCED TO 2]
53 - Gerontius the Young attacks DIE-B for 138 Damage!

DIE-AGNOSTICS posted:

Another swathe of brutal hits, and thus far extremely limited collateral damage. Things were going... well. A sharp intake of breath heralded the coming of another Word.

The Dire Inscrutable Engine is heavily wounded! It speaks a Word!
DIE-WORD: 1d6 3
    3 WORD OF MULTIPLICITY WHEN CHOOSING A TARGET DIRECTION, CHOOSE ANOTHER
    The DIE shakes with rage, then its limbs branch out, twisting and writhing.
DIE-SUBSYSTEM: 1d6 2
[SYSTEM2-AGGRESSION]
<ʟɨֆȶɛռ.>
    2 CONQUERING WAVE [2] 2D6 RANGE BEAM FOR 2 WOUNDS AT ANGLE 1D6+1D6 LEAVING FIRE IN CENTER TILES, CURVING OFF THE WALLS
    A great jaw hinges open, revealing a blinding light. It’s already too late for you.
DIE-ANGLE: 1d6 5DIE-RANGE: 2d6 3
DIE-ANGLE: 1d6 4DIE-RANGE: 2d6 5
48 - Salt is incinerated utterly!

Twin infernoes stretched out from the DIE, scarring the landscape with the fury of their passing. A Hexen had perished, but worse was the disruption of the roads - infrastructure was absolutely vital to stopping a mobile DIE, and it looked like it was gearing up for just that!

DIE-SYSTEM: 1d6 5
[SYSTEM5-MOVEMENT]
<ȶɦɛ աօʀʟɖ ƈǟʟʟֆ ȶօ ʍɛ>

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Artemis Rynn
Start: 66A
Artifacts: Brikk Armor, Toktok Waver, Farcaster, Paddlepad

Dynastar Attack!

Reload Dynastar!

Dynastar Attack: 1d800 685

Event?: 1d6 6 - Event!

What Sea Event?: 1d6 5 - Deep Secrets?

A second Hexen fallen in as many attacks. Artemis prayed she and the others could last long enough to get the job done. She danced the Dance of Defiance and held her ground attacking and reloading as quickly as the ancient device would allow.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Daedalu Santeria

"Augh - an ally lost to the flames... we won't let that happen again - not so easily!" Daedalu said, challengeing the D.I.E. from long range. "TekkaWand, do your thing!"

"Patrick," Daedalu said to the other Hexen in caution, "we may want to withdraw, after this..."

TekkWand Hack - Targeting System 5: Subsystems 5, 6: 2#1d6 Ss5: 1 Ss6: 1
Movement: Move 1: 95C -> [SW2, SE3, E1] -> 139A
Event Chance: Double Forest: 2#1d6 2 6 - Success!
Event Choice: Forest: 1d6 3 WOODWIND CHARM ADJACENT ALLY GAINS DOUBLE MOVE THIS TURN OR NEXT
TrakSledge: #49 Patrick Needle may accept bonus movement to 138B before they take any movement actions!

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Alex Smoothson

"Wow, that sure was a dangerous looking beam!", Alex noted with the nonchalance of somebody totally convinced of their own invincibility.

>Move 1E 1NE to 33A
>Reload DynaStar

Event Chance: Squashed Water: 2#1d6 3 3 (nyet)

Theantero fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Apr 12, 2021

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

The Early Johann
Garistal: Tier 3 x1, Tier 5 x1

White hot rays of stellar fire lanced into the landscape, one of their number was not so lucky and was erased in an instant. Johann only saw this out the corner of his eye as he was intently digging down into the silt, to pull out a pristine, and high quality Garistal from the surf.

"Oh this'll do." Throwing it back with the others, he made his way south, being mindful of the directions of attack the Dice is capable of.

>Action: Search for a Garistal in squashed tiles. 1d6-5 = 5
>Move: 4SE to 109F

Water Event? 1d6 = 3

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Nerlin Duttle
Portrait: 4
Weapon: Tekkawand: Range (2)1 hex, 20d10 or Roll 1d6 and target subsystem and if roll matches subsystem decrease difficulty by 1. +1d6 for every adjacent tekkawand user
Loadout:
Farcaster- Double attack range
Hookpad- No move penalty on mountain tiles

Nerlin was happy enough. He had struck a blow for all batkind and would do so again. He kneeled down and pointed his wand at the DIE once more.

No movement
Attack on Side C: 20d10 120
Desert event: 1d6 1

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Lun Shavescalp ●●

Lun hails Geriontius. "Nice work with the dome! The billiard look with the goatee, that's the way to go."

Move to 66E
Tekkawand vs. Movement Subsystem 4
Desert Event? No

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Patrick Needle
Artifacts: Paddlepad, Binding Talisman, Tekka Node

Lux Animus posted:

"Patrick, we may want to withdraw, after this..."

"Sure thing, Daed, but first lookit this cool crystal I found! It fits my Tekkawand just like... that!" Patrick's Tekkawand accepted the crystal and the oscillating lights flashed ever faster. He tried to hack the beast once more, before retreating to the south.

Hacking subsystem 1: 3#1d6 1 4 2
Accepting Lux Animus's movement to 124F/138B
Event?: 2#1d6 1 4 No.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Geriontius the Young
3/3
Weapon: Garistalest (Loaded tier 4)

"drat Right!" he acknowledged Lun. "Good luck with that Tekking!"

Act:Procure garistal W: 1d6 4 and load it into garistalest.

Move: Use road movement to go SW and SW, then go SW and SW to end in 66D

event chance (water): 2#1d6 1 3

Final tile 66D

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Captain Daryll Drake

It was time to run.

Double move to final location of 125F/139B.

Water Event (+Water Charm): 3#1d6 3 6 3

Water Event Specific...: 1d6 2 That's Quench The Flame.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Dame Sunset
Start: 23D

The D.I.E. was about to be on the move again. And she couldn't get there in time to make a difference. Best to hold position and keep combing the desert.

No movement.

Desert icon tile: 2d6 5, 3

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/rCN2wrI.mp4

Not long ago the sky had been set aflame by rays of judgement, not long ago the end had been near. But, after the end, there is a tomorrow. The rumbling and explosions had faded, for now. What few townsfolk hadn't evacuated peeked their heads out from their boarded up homes. The first one outdoors was a baker. Then a dancer. Life trickled back into the city. And with it, the first notes, of a song.

The people gathered in the streets. Eager to thank the Hexen for driving the beast away. But most of the saviours had already departed. Casimir had little to say to the townsfolk. He retreated to a quiet corner, bringing with him his maintenance kit. He placed his Dynastar on the ground, and set out to breath new life into it.

The rune was ablaze once more. With the weapon in his hand, Casimir raised his eyes to the horizon. As grim as the situation might look, he had his star. He also had his jury rigged TOKSLEDGE, mostly seaworthy. There were few place he couldn't go, few things he couldn't do. There was hope. In the streets of this emptying town, a wish. And echoing all around, a song of fire.

Casimir
Dynastar (Farcaster), Toktok Waver, Traksledge

Move: Staying put at 34g

Action: Reload DynaStar

City Event: 1d6 6
City Event Choice: 1d6 4: WALK THE WAYS ?????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

HEXEN REPORTS posted:

46 - Artemis Rynn attacks DIE-C for 685 Damage! DIE Armor Break! Artemis encounters a Water Event: 5 DEEP SECRETS SACRIFICE ONE OR MORE WOUNDS TO GAIN ONE OR MORE RANDOM ITEMS
56 - Daedalu Santeria interfaces with the DIE! Tekkawand reads [1],[1];
DIE-SUBSYSTEM-5-5: 2d6 2, 6[CONNECTION FAILURE]
DIE-SUBSYSTEM-5-6: 3d6 2, 6, 4[CONNECTION FAILURE] Daedalu encounters a Forest Event: 4 WOODWIND CHARM ADJACENT ALLY GAINS DOUBLE MOVE THIS TURN OR NEXT
4 - Nerlin Duttle attacks DIE-C for 120 Damage! Armor Break prevents damage!
55 - Lun Shavescalp interfaces with the DIE! Tekkawand reads [4]; DIE-SUBSYSTEM-5-1: 2d6 2, 6
[CONNECTION FAILURE]
49 - Patrick Needle interfaces with the DIE! Tekkawand reads [1, 4, 2];
DIE-SUBSYSTEM-5-1: 2d6 2, 6
[CONNECTION SUCCESS - SUBSYSTEM “LOPING RUN” DIFFICULTY REDUCED TO 1]
13 - Captain Daryll Drake encounters a Water Event: 2 QUENCH THE FLAME HEX ADJACENT FIRE TILES BECOME WATER
43 - Casimir encounters a City Event: 4 WALK THE WAYS TELEPORT TO ANOTHER CITY TILE AS A FREE ACTION

DIE-AGNOSTICS posted:

Wreathed in flame, the enormous snake of coral, metal and stone flesh creaked and crackled ominously. Another section of armor was down, but the Dire Inscrutable Engine was far from out. A circular section of plating near its head began to spin up with a grating whine, and it arced its back in the air. ”Look alive out there, guys! It’s going to do… something! Just hold on tight I guess!”

DIE-SUBSYSTEM: 1d6 4
[SYSTEM5-MOVEMENT]
<ǟաǟʏ ɨ ɢօ, ɨռȶօ ȶɦɛ ʏօռɖɛʀɨռɢ ʟǟռɖֆ>
    4 TWIST THE LINES [3] PLACE WARP MARK 2D6 HEXES AWAY IN 1d6+1d6 DIRECTION, THEN TELEPORT TO RANDOM MARKED POSITION
    The DIE draws a symbol in the air, causing the earth to shake and warp.
DIE-ANGLE: 1d6 2DIE-RANGE: 2d6 10
DIE-ANGLE: 1d6 6DIE-RANGE: 2d6 4
DIE places Warp Mark in HEX113! DIE places Warp Mark in HEX78! DIE teleports to HEX113!
    Voidstepper Agate unlocked for new players!

For two days, torrential storms and winds buffeted the landscape from the massive pressure changes of the DIE’s movement. Blessedly, few had been seriously harmed - infrastructure was well adapted to ‘unexpected’ changes in weather at this point - but the DIE had distanced itself from the pack of hunters… and it didn’t look like it was done running!

DIE-SYSTEM: 1d6 5
[SYSTEM5-MOVEMENT]
<ʍɛʀʀɨʟʏ ʍɛʀʀɨʟʏ ʍɛʀʀɨʟʏ ʍɛʀʀɨʟʏ ʟɨʄɛ ɨֆ ɮʊȶ>

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Apr 15, 2021