Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Old timer map change: INTO WATER: 147a + 147d

Not an intentionally made channel, but an irrigation project gone horribly wrong.

---

Face #43
Name: Casimir

Start point: 30e

Dynastar
Toktok Waver, Farcaster

"Lets go."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Casimir
Dynastar, Toktok Waver, Farcaster

"The D.I.E. has appeared."

Casimir barges in to the port and steals a Toktok.

Move: Toktok to 20g
Double Range Dynastar vs DIE: 1d800 89 *Pförph*

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Casimir
Dynastar, Toktok Waver, Farcaster

"Don't you see."

The traveling trader shirked under Casimir's looming face.

"I need to get closer to the DIE. You should empty your sledge to make room for Hexen. Then you can drive us all to the Engin-"

At that point the trader was running away as fast as his feet could take him.

Casimir claimed his Traksledge and promptly crashed it into a nearby house.

Reload Dynastar

City Event: 1d6 6

City Event Choice: 1d6 6 - GENEROUS PATRON PICK ITEM FROM STARTER LIST

TRAKSLEDGE GET

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/fk8lK9s.mp4

Casimir
Dynastar (Farcaster), Toktok Waver, Traksledge

"Coming through."

Move: 20g -> 20f -> 19g (Traksledge, feel free to hitch a ride.)

Farcasted Dynastar vs DIE: 1d800 245

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/rCN2wrI.mp4

Not long ago the sky had been set aflame by rays of judgement, not long ago the end had been near. But, after the end, there is a tomorrow. The rumbling and explosions had faded, for now. What few townsfolk hadn't evacuated peeked their heads out from their boarded up homes. The first one outdoors was a baker. Then a dancer. Life trickled back into the city. And with it, the first notes, of a song.

The people gathered in the streets. Eager to thank the Hexen for driving the beast away. But most of the saviours had already departed. Casimir had little to say to the townsfolk. He retreated to a quiet corner, bringing with him his maintenance kit. He placed his Dynastar on the ground, and set out to breath new life into it.

The rune was ablaze once more. With the weapon in his hand, Casimir raised his eyes to the horizon. As grim as the situation might look, he had his star. He also had his jury rigged TOKSLEDGE, mostly seaworthy. There were few place he couldn't go, few things he couldn't do. There was hope. In the streets of this emptying town, a wish. And echoing all around, a song of fire.

Casimir

Move: Staying put at 34g

Action: Reload DynaStar

City Event: 1d6 6
City Event Choice: 1d6 4: WALK THE WAYS ?????

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Casimir

One very harrowing boat trip later...

"Attack."

WALK THE WAYS: Fast travel to 129g
Move: Move to 129a
Action: Farcasted DYNASTAR vs DIE: 1d800 217
desert event: 1d6 3 nope

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

"Oh no."

Casimir
Move: -> 115g -> 145g

Action: Reload Dynastar

Squished mountain event: 2d6 5 nope

---

Across ruined lanscape, and into the vast canyon made by the last DIE. The TOKSLEDGE left the crater of horror behind in a flash. Discretion is the better part of valor. So was taught, and so will be taught. Pretty far away already... Maybe this would be enough distance. Sure didn't take long! The vehicle might have been cobbled together from two unrelated ones, but that didn't slow it down one bit. Almost as if they had been meant for this.

The runes fit together seamlessly. Words of ways, always applicable. Words of persistence keep the course. Words of water slide around, becoming words of roads.

And words of power, seek the D-I-E. Tenderly, Casimir held his Dynastar. They seek to cleave the monster's hide apart. To gouge, and open, and reach into it's beating heart. So was taught, and so will be taught.

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: "Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert.

Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read

Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed:
And on the pedestal these words appear:
'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away."

— "Ozymandias" Percy Shelley

---

The tribe of Cornmouths mourn the last of their flock. Their cattle, once innumerable, now only numbers one last beast. The fire pit caresses the last child. The smell of cooking meat is overpowering. One last gift, one last meal. What will the tribe do after this, none dare think. This land, the answer to their prayers, is about to be their undoing. Everlasting summers of plenty have been replaced by cold terror. A winter in the shadow of the dire engine. The farmland has been trampled to nothing. To ashes. And it is only a matter of time before the engine comes again. It might take months, it might take years, but it will come.

"As you have scribed the fragile vellum, will I teach your people to write your history into this land itself."

"Take my hand in friendship, and live forever by your deeds. Song and spirit may be forgot, but stone never dies."

"And stone never betrays. Write my prayer onto your spear, and it will become sharp enough to reach heavens and split the engine itself."

"By your will and my word will this land be free. I will be your scribe, your guide. We will see the engine cast down."

"Take my hand, I will take nothing from you."

"My only wish is to consume my mother's beating heart."

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

DEFOE XXI

GARISTALEST
BREAKING RUNES; FARCASTER; TRAKSLEDGE

"I told you what your lack of faith would bring."
With those scant few words, she left the despair and chaos behind.

Move: 206a -> 190a
Action: Scavenge Garistal: 1d5 2

Scavenge Garistal: 1d6-1 0

Jvie fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Apr 18, 2021

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

DEFOE XXI

GARISTALEST

Nothing remains of the warehouses, but the DIE's essence lingers in the air.

"Garistal. Now."

Move: to 189d
Action: Scavenge Garistal: 1d6-1 3

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

DEFOE XXI

GARISTALEST

"You missed."

Getting close to the DIE now. Just in time, a flash cut across the sky, and an explosion rocked the engine, shattering it's armor and leaving it vulnerable. Excellent.

Move: to 187b
Action: Garistalest(Breaking Runes+) vs DIE-B: 3#1d200 52 31 151

151 Damage

desert event: 1d6 1 no

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

DEFOE XXI

GARISTALEST

The earth rumbles. A cacaphony of dying screams echo through the link. "Peace at the bottom."

Move: to 171g
Action: Scavenge Garistal: 1d6-1 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

DEFOE XXI

GARISTALEST

The end comes.

Move: to 170c
Action: Scavenge Garistal: 1d6-1 1