Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

well done op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

rotor posted:

fyi if you're trying for sophisticated effects you may want to look at svg. Its a lot more flexible for this kind of thing than just rasters and you can always render it to a png at the end if you want to

neat

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Goodnight yospos goodnight hbag

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

hbag posted:

honestly i barely even know what an svg is

svg is cool. this is an svg i whipped up by hand in notepad.exe, that’s how easy svg is

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3967994

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

lol never mind the svg share hosting website didn’t pay their bandwidth bill

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

rotor posted:

svg is in fact very good

several chunks of the spec, however, are bad

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

svg is pretty cool, but as with a lot of web standards stuff it is starting to look like it will never get updated to fill some of its gaps, the only changes being made in the svg wg is now and then removing features https://librearts.org/2018/05/gradient-meshes-and-hatching-to-be-removed-from-svg-2-0/

tl;dr: both google and mozilla has turned real passive after the browser wars effectively ended.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Who needs SVG when you can use webass to run a windows emulator and render gdi+ to a canvas?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
you ever send someone an svg u made in inkscape and then they ask for it as eps? gently caress off.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Smythe posted:

you ever send someone an svg u made in inkscape and then they ask for it as eps? gently caress off.

"can you send it as eps?" is the nice way they tell you "all the text are hosed because your piece of poo poo os does not actually have the proper first-listed font specified (or it is some oss clone with screwed up spacing), and given that you could not get that poo poo right the chances that i can get you to convert the text to curves are slim"

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

mystes posted:

Who needs SVG when you can use webass to run a windows emulator and render gdi+ to a canvas?

native emf support I dig it

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Bloody posted:

native emf support I dig it

you're unbelievable

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Broken Machine posted:

you're unbelievable

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

"can you send it as eps?" is the nice way they tell you "all the text are hosed because your piece of poo poo os does not actually have the proper first-listed font specified (or it is some oss clone with screwed up spacing), and given that you could not get that poo poo right the chances that i can get you to convert the text to curves are slim"

actually rheyre just marketing idiots who dont know how to use their macbook air correctly but thanks for typing 500 words or w/e lol

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Broken Machine posted:

you're unbelievable

the things you say

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
hbag you should compile the VAX 8600 emulator from SIMH and then install VMS in that, it’ll be really informative to experience what some non-Windows non-UNIX environments are like

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

eschaton posted:

the things you say

akadajet fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jun 5, 2021

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Asleep Style posted:

cisco stu here with some good news about VOIP adoption trends

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
I opened up hbag’s website the other day on my phone and never closed the browser window. fast forward to earlier today and when i hopped in my van and my phone paired with the radio the text shown in the picture below showed up on the display and this nice little piano tune started playing

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

beeped again

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

this is why beep shouldn't be allowed to drive

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

dioxazine posted:

this is why beep shouldn't be allowed to drive

i took that picture at a stop light!

matti
Mar 31, 2019

a passive aggressive bump

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

something about pizza i think

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

eschaton posted:

hbag you should compile the VAX 8600 emulator from SIMH and then install VMS in that, it’ll be really informative to experience what some non-Windows non-UNIX environments are like

child endangerment

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Bump!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

what

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

hbag of coke

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Captain Foo posted:

hbag of coke

hbag darrell

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

dunking on your own son, shame on you beep!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

excuse me but that is my childs real name

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

o fuk. that's basically canon now as they'll never post here to dispute it

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

actually let's just migrate the cjs thread in here

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'