Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

hbag you should go solve that weird chinese intelligence numbers station ARG that started posting again and somehow hasn't gotten re-banned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

flakeloaf posted:

that's not a numbers station that's a BAC% station

more like blood lactose content

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

bagster you're not gonna get anywhere with those badges if you keep fuckin posting in fyad my guy/gal/enby pal

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Broken Machine posted:

what would you call the rate of change of posts per hour. would that be posting jerk?

delta-posts. posting jerk is average time between posts. posting jitter is unexpected changes between posting jerk, and directly affects comprehensibility of posts.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

hbag posted:

no seriously

top shelf authentication

significant portions of the forums code are older than you are

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

hbag posted:

right
ok
this took me a second to wrap my head around

in bitbucket if i set a variable in the pipelines to "secured" that means nobody can read it or edit it after i set it right

dunno, but my tip to you is that 90% of computer touching is knowing how to effectively google poo poo and reading the results

seriously if users were capable of realizing that they can google "cisco ip phone registration rejected", choose the links from cisco's website, and read through the actually well written documentation I wouldn't have a job, but apparently the average person is a loving idiot, so I can pay my rent

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

rotor posted:

also python loving SUCKS.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

fart simpson posted:

actually from what i can tell in the docs, it forks 32,400 new python interpreter processes and sends the alpha value of one pixel and the is_transparent function to each process. each process calls is_transparent on the value of the one pixel it was assigned, and passes the result back to the main process. the main process collects all the results and puts them into a sequence called x, and all() tells you if all of them are transparent, or at least one isn’t transparent

so basically what you said but it’s forking a new process for each pixel to maximize parallelization

this is insane

it takes a single cycle to check if a 32-bit RGBA value is fully opaque or not. it takes several hundred cycles to context switch between one process and another. fully forking processes is also absurdly slow

what the gently caress is wrong with p-lang people

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

hbag of coke

clapton wouldn't let *that* kid fall out a window

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

matti posted:

mod challenges are dumb and i wish they would stop with that poo poo

in an era of SA where mods are terminally afraid to use the ban button mod challenges are the only way to get lovely posters to stop being lovely at posting

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

lmao we knew star citizen was a scam in like 2013

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

don’t think Jeff issues those

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

imo close the blog thread and probe for blog posts outside of post my favourite, which is the forum that is specifically designed for blog threads