Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yeah no that 100,000-hour probe only locked you out for less than a day. this is stolen valor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

:toot:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hbag posted:

i dont think checking the transparency of a pixel at most 32,400 times is very efficient
ill give it a try

your computer has 2 to 8 processing units capable of comparing a number to another number around 3 billion times per second.

if you count the gpu it's more like 2000 processing units

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i have a ryzen with 24 logical processors.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it was a couple of ublock filters i wrote but honestly i haven't needed them since stymie and the gang got banned.

one that blocks smoka youtube posts while leaving ones containing text would still be handy though.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hbag posted:

i uh

what
how

wherever you are, there is the worst programmer

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

As noted earlier a single threaded version checks the whole avatar in 7 milliseconds so you could have people doing this 12 million times a day on average before you even start to overlap requests, let alone produce noticeable lag.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Kazinsal posted:

clapton wouldn't let *that* kid fall out a window

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

You backed star citizen in April 2020, a full eight years after it first went on Kickstarter?

Christ you really are dumb