Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

he's the the sort of new blood go getter yospos needs!

unironically agreed, the linux thread was previously recycling pulseaudio jokes and phoronix posts for minor versions of irrelevant software.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

hbag posted:

...buuuuut... i don't want to pull, i want to push the (up-to-date) version from github to the bitbucket repo
wont pulling from goonshare just overwrite what ive got and do the opposite of what i want?

nah, it'll attempt to merge. which is likely what you want, as you have pushed some other change from somewhere else that you probably meant to keep. if the merge fails i will immediately stop giving advice on this.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

hbag posted:

what i am doing is
-i have been solely working on the script on github because im lazy and thats the path of least resistance
-now that my poo poo is very updated i want to port it to the bitbucket repo to keep you all up to date in case you feel like contributing for whatever godforsaken reason

this is not relevant to the problem, git will not let you just blindly overwrite changes from elsewhere with push, so you need to pull and get all the changes merged together (likely automatic, otherwise a bit of hand-editing). the only other alternative is really nasty repo surgery or just recreating the repo with the new code, neither of which you should be doing.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Achmed Jones posted:

i mean there's also -f

oh wow, did not realize that even existed, seems much too violent to be a simple flag. but shows what i know about git

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

you could just grab the name out of the profile page. seems a lot of effort for people who want to show off never having done anything wrong in their lives, but then adding actual ui to do it seems a worse kind of effort.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Kazinsal posted:

bagster you're not gonna get anywhere with those badges if you keep fuckin posting in fyad my guy/gal/enby pal

pretty sure getting probated on average 1.5x a day was the inspiration though, and it is hard to deny that the fyad posting is part of that entire deal.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

keep in mind though that as useful as that would be in theory there is a lot of room to create a lot of serious security issues along the way. might not be a very pleasant project to guess and experiment ones way through.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

a quick thing to do is just less the supposed png file and discover that the contents is actually a 404 page or some such.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

really i think the next split for the hbag speedrun of being a computer nerd in 2003, the one right after making a forums sig image service, is getting addicted to wow and doing nothing else for 5 years.

e: apparently the new 100% category bypasses the mirc scripts.

Cybernetic Vermin fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jun 3, 2021

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

svg is pretty cool, but as with a lot of web standards stuff it is starting to look like it will never get updated to fill some of its gaps, the only changes being made in the svg wg is now and then removing features https://librearts.org/2018/05/gradient-meshes-and-hatching-to-be-removed-from-svg-2-0/

tl;dr: both google and mozilla has turned real passive after the browser wars effectively ended.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Smythe posted:

you ever send someone an svg u made in inkscape and then they ask for it as eps? gently caress off.

"can you send it as eps?" is the nice way they tell you "all the text are hosed because your piece of poo poo os does not actually have the proper first-listed font specified (or it is some oss clone with screwed up spacing), and given that you could not get that poo poo right the chances that i can get you to convert the text to curves are slim"

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

actually let's just migrate the cjs thread in here

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

starting to think that hbags first claim to fame on the forums was eating (and getting reversed) a 20 year probe has given them a weird idea of what to aim for in posting

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

jeffrey should revive lowtax' scheme of selling promises to draw cool spaceships as a forums feature for people who donate, big bucks forever to be made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

the way you know its not hbag is that they didn't post about various tech issues about it a dozen times before it happened