Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i'm a cautious but optimistic hbag fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
holy the gently caress the fetch time on these is insane we need to get you behind a CDN my fellow poster

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
fastly gives everybody the first 50 bucks of traffic for free and its like 0.01 a gig in the busiest regions i think. also i could just tell them to not bill you if for some amazing reason you attracted their attention

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
more like shitbucket am i right

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i figured out how to send the logged-in token with the yosbbs -> forums interface back in the day. its pretty straightforward iirc

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

hbag posted:

no seriously

top shelf authentication
well yeah i know how to do it but the issue with that is it would leave my bbpassword cookie completely exposed to everyone and i dont really want that

exposed to who? if you're connecting via HTTPS to somethingawful to get the rap sheet or whatever, only the domain name is sent in the clear. it negotiates TLS and only then does it send the /rapsheet.html?hbags_cookie=d3adb33f path

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Oh yeah you don't store creds in code. use an environment variable

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
project idea: make your sig be a dynamically generated word cloud of the post history of a random poster on the page it's displayed on

I think you would get a referer link for the sig image that would indicate what page it's being rendered on

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
make a cryptocurrency based on yosposts

like you have to mine by Posting

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
oh oh wait
everybody gets their _own_ nano-crypto-coin, based on the current valuation of their posting power

you can exchange them at market rates. so maybe you'd buy toricoins cheap when he eats a 30-day, and later on when he's riling up SAS or whatever the value goes up and you can buy a shitload of jerrycoin with it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
you could also update that greasemonkey or w/e script that completely memoryholed ignored posters instead of leaving the placeholder posts. that was nice.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
on: too many redirects: make sure you're consistently sticking with https for all requests. you can snowball a bad http request into too many redirects if, like, somethingawful, you use a lovely garbage CDN like NaziCache-sorry, Cloudflare

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fart simpson posted:

yeah and because this problem is embarrassingly parallel you can parallelize it for efficiency, each “process” only needs to check one pixel each and your result is still accurate

code:
from multiprocessing import Pool

def is_transparent(alpha):
  return alpha == 0

# imagine this is a sequence of every pixel's alpha value
alphas = range(32400)

if __name__ == '__main__':
  with Pool(processes=32400) as p:
    x = p.map(is_transparent, alphas)

print(all(x))

this poo poo is why i gave up trying to learn Coding. what the gently caress is this

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Bump!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
this tracks

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah hbag should be constantly probed with short ones cause its super funny. tori gets the month jails

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Crime on a Dime posted:

mod challenges are fail

lmo