Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

kntfkr posted:

Mike Patton outed Kedis as having never actually lived in or been to California (he's from Kansas City. anytime you see Anthony Kedis in Cali, it's done with green screen) and Warner Music had to spend something like a quarter billion to kill the story. Tony still holds a grudge.

Lol what the poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
credulous asses

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Staunch and proud ally of Big Pharma! We stand with you!

Pretty good posted:

The section about the beef on his wiki article is such a loving pro read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Kiedis#Feud_with_Mike_Patton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdHrGLkFG6U

Also one time I went and saw SC3 with my brother and our friend, we got there like 2 hours early and about a half hour in Trey came out to tune his saz then put on a 40 minute one-man show sitting on a stool before he went backstage to change into his robe/let Atomic Ape play their opener.

Absolutely one of the best concerts I have ever seen.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Apr 7, 2021

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

kntfkr posted:

Mike Patton outed Kedis as having never actually lived in or been to California (he's from Kansas City. anytime you see Anthony Kedis in Cali, it's done with green screen) and Warner Music had to spend something like a quarter billion to kill the story. Tony still holds a grudge.

I'd like to know more about this because holy gently caress.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Lmao

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

anthony kiedis went to highschool in california on a green screen it's true, flea was his tech guy and that's how they got started

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
I'm at best a casual fan but I've noticed every discussion about mike patton, online and irl, reliably brings out people with a serious chip on their shoulder about him

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
did anybody post Peeping Tom yet? I really like this song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPCCK9rpKQ4

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Rubellavator posted:

anthony kiedis went to highschool in california on a green screen it's true, flea was his tech guy and that's how they got started

I dont care if its not true I just find it funny.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

the kid, browsing the mp3 player in the car, settled on idiot flesh the nothing show followed by mr. bungle california. there is hope for the next generation of eclectic metal.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Lovage - Music to Make Love to your Old Lady by is also very good. Dan the Automator with Patton and Jennifer Charles from Elysian Fields, with guest appearances by Damon Albarn, Kid Koala and more.

YoursTruly
Jul 29, 2012

Put me in the trash
Recycle Bin
where
I belong.
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me off of The Director's Cut by Fantômas is how I found out that Twin Peaks is a thing. Of course I saw the movie before the show. Really disappointed Mike Patton wasn't in it, but David Bowie was a treat. I wish the two had collaborated on something or another.

redbeard182
Aug 1, 2017
Grimey Drawer

gey muckle mowser posted:

did anybody post Peeping Tom yet? I really like this song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPCCK9rpKQ4

The video for it rules too, with a guest star at the end too

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Quote-Unquote posted:

Lovage - Music to Make Love to your Old Lady by is also very good. Dan the Automator with Patton and Jennifer Charles from Elysian Fields, with guest appearances by Damon Albarn, Kid Koala and more.

This is great, and possibly one of the sleaziest sounding albums ever (listen to Sex (I'm a) if you want to hear Jennifer Charles fake an orgasm I guess?) , also Peeping Tom has some good tracks if you like his more polished hip-hop collab stuff.

Never managed to get into Mr Bungle or Fantomas, but I got close a few times.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

S/T just sounds like frat boy Cardiacs. DV is pure Zorn plagiarism. California's where it's at.

The Voice of Labor posted:

the kid, browsing the mp3 player in the car, settled on idiot flesh the nothing show followed by mr. bungle california. there is hope for the next generation of eclectic metal.
Covid killing the 4th Idiot Flesh album and Sleepytime Gorilla Museum reunion was very painful for me, personally.

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

caligulamprey posted:

S/T just sounds like frat boy Cardiacs. DV is pure Zorn plagiarism. California's where it's at.

Covid killing the 4th Idiot Flesh album and Sleepytime Gorilla Museum reunion was very painful for me, personally.

I hope that we will still get a sleepytime reunion and tour after covid is done and possibly there will also be another free salamander exhibit release so don't despair!

And for some Patton content, here he is singing a Bungle song with the Mondo Cane band as an encore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od6Q7tCp_b0

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Nutsngum posted:

The chilli peppers are loving awful thats why.

Lol it’s like the simpsons episode where the guy is infinitely more capable than Homer and yet he’s constantly doing worse at everything, until he ends up dead while Homer has a family, job and is happy

For 30 years

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

Wait, is Mike Patton the guy from King of Queens

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Haverchuck posted:

I'm at best a casual fan but I've noticed every discussion about mike patton, online and irl, reliably brings out people with a serious chip on their shoulder about him

They are terrible like Tool fans but in their own special lovely way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

Even the hardcorest of fans couldn't convince me that Moonchild is worth listening to