Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

overmind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Sockser posted:

Steel Ball Run anime is all I want in this world

This and also JoJolion

edit: spoilers (maybe) removed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!

Dinosaur Gum

I. M. Gei posted:

And speaking of sexual chocolate, Ciocolatta’s dub is voiced by Bill Butts, a man whose first and last name is Bill Butts, and his voice is also excellent and he hams it up just the right amount and also he looks exactly like you’d expect a man whose name is Bill Butts to look in real like and that is also awesome and makes his voice that much more special.

Bill Butts was a local to where I live--I met him when he was cosplaying The Old Spice Guy at anime cons. He really is a delightful human being.

Regalingualius
Jan 6, 2012

We were robbed by having Spice Girl only get a single fight in all of Part 5.

And Trish herself was pretty underutilized, considering how nominally central she is to the entire story.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I wonder how much of that had to do with his editors, maybe they didn't want a girl to do too much

I could see part 6 as a form of pushback against this but this is speculation built on speculation

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Regalingualius posted:

We were robbed by having Spice Girl only get a single fight in all of Part 5.

And Trish herself was pretty underutilized, considering how nominally central she is to the entire story.

I'm bothered by the fact that we don't even know what happens to Trish after the final battle, even though protecting her was a major objective for 75% of the part.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

that's not important, giorno got a cool power. pay attention to that instead

multijoe
Oct 15, 2007

NYO~HO

Also he did a whole 'Isildur refuses to destroy the ring' thing with the arrow, but everyone also glosses over that part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I'm bothered by the fact that we don't even know what happens to Trish after the final battle, even though protecting her was a major objective for 75% of the part.
I don't know much about manga, but it really feels like there was a certain number of chapters Araki was supposed to hit, and he messed it up. With all the build-up, the final arc goes absolutely nowhere and the ending is pretty much a single panel.
Same with drugs and, you know, the whole "taking over the mafia" deal. It just gets swept under the rug.