Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ChaosArgate posted:

Is The Lock a totally ineffectual stand in Pucci's reset universe?

Maybe, but only under the case that everyone else thinks of Pucci's future-sight universe in the exact same way that he does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I don't think the idea of the Joestar bloodline being at peace is a in the new universe. We saw what happened in the prison to people that Pucci didn't personally kill, everyone just kind of gets tossed into the timeline being who they were beforehand so as long as he didn't pause the reset and kill Jonathan the rest of them should be fine. The only thing Araki's talked about with regards to the ending is how it affected Jolyne and her friends, he'd almost certainly have said something if what he meant was to rebuild everything and everyone

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

bobjr posted:

Spice Girls bounces Pucci into space like Kars

gently caress it, let's shoot every enemy into space. where's the stand that only shoots folks into space.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Lazy_Liberal posted:

gently caress it, let's shoot every enemy into space. where's the stand that only shoots folks into space.

[Space Is The Place]

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Funky Valentine posted:

[Space Is The Place]

oh no i googled to see if "rocket man" or "space oddity" were taken and discovered a jojo extended fan universe???? anyways excited for more animes one day

edit: just realized it's "fanon" like "fanon" and not frantz "fanon"

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Yeah I discovered that one day when I went looking up things like "Dethklok jojo" and "Lordi jojo" intending to find fanart in jojo styles/poses. (Incidentally there is some of Dethklok but none of Lordi)

e:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Lazy_Liberal posted:

oh no i googled to see if "rocket man" or "space oddity" were taken and discovered a jojo extended fan universe???? anyways excited for more animes one day

edit: just realized it's "fanon" like "fanon" and not frantz "fanon"

Bold design move giving a pony a humanoid stand

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Lazy_Liberal posted:

During Bohemian Rhapsody, Weather Report could have made his guy's power "kill all enemy Stand users".

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
"This is my OC: Put Them Back. It puts everyone back into the stories they came from and undoes the effect of Bohemian Rhapsody. Also, it shoots Pucci in the head with an unavoidable and immediately fatal bullet before disappearing."

-Part 6 END-

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Who knows how he would've changed as he got older but I think DIU Josuke would've gotten a long with Ermes if they had ever met.

So, series question. Are Stands ghosts and therefore able to phase through things and people? Or is that a 'everyone has a theory about how Stands work, nobody has a definite answer' thing? So far, I think Star Platinum, Beach Boy and Diver Down are the only ones to phase through people. But is that something that all of them could do like shrinking smaller or what?

Pootybutt posted:

FF is chilling at Irene's place in their Miami Dolphins football-shaped aquarium, moisturized and thriving.

The Amazing World of Irene

Also, missed opportunity for Cool Things to happen: Jolene should totally have had two Stand fights with the Star Platinum disk in her head before it launched out and refused to accept her again.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jan 26, 2023

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

Who knows how he would've changed as he got older but I think DIU Josuke would've gotten a long with Ermes if they had ever met.

So, series question. Are Stands ghosts and therefore able to phase through things and people? Or is that a 'everyone has a theory about how Stands work, nobody has a definite answer' thing? So far, I think Star Platinum, Beach Boy and Diver Down are the only ones to phase through people. But is that something that all of them could do like shrinking smaller or what?

The Amazing World of Irene

Also, missed opportunity for Cool Things to happen: Jolene should totally have had two Stand fights with the Star Platinum disk in her head before it launched out and refused to accept her again.

Star Platinum could phase through Jotaro himself but I don't think it ever did so to anyone else. Phasing through other people/objects only seems to be a thing when it's explicitly part of a Stand's power.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yinlock posted:

Star Platinum could phase through Jotaro himself but I don't think it ever did so to anyone else. Phasing through other people/objects only seems to be a thing when it's explicitly part of a Stand's power.

Star Platinum reached inside of Joseph Joestar's chest and restarted his heart.

Also I completely forgot about Anubis. The whole 'Only Stands can touch Stands and you need to have one to be able to see one in the first place' rule is throwing me off

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
i want to see an anime in the jorge joestar continuity so that we get a full list of transposed stand names into the "what if stands had movie names instead of song names" schema

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Stands aren't "real" unless they're acting on or bound to a physical object. They are manifestations of psychic powers and fighting spirit; their physical appearance is the product of Stand Users being psychic enough to perceive them.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Okay I've started a rewatch from the start with the dub and absolutely nothing else hits like Sono Chi No Sadame, that just is the anthem of Jojo

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

TOMMY is the poo poo.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I love Speedwagon

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Part 1 is so good

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

No Dignity posted:

Okay I've started a rewatch from the start with the dub and absolutely nothing else hits like Sono Chi No Sadame, that just is the anthem of Jojo

:yeah:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sono chi no sadame

JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOJO

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I love that Stone Ocean's ending is basically just Phantom Blood's in greater detail, Jonathan's a pretty one-note character but his selfless nobility is really endearing nonetheless and that's the torch Jolyne ends up carrying to the finish line at the end. Such a good series...

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

RareAcumen posted:

Also I completely forgot about Anubis. The whole 'Only Stands can touch Stands and you need to have one to be able to see one in the first place' rule is throwing me off

Anubis is bound to an object.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

The whole 'Only Stands can touch Stands and you need to have one to be able to see one in the first place' rule is throwing me off

I don't think there's a Stand "rule" that hasn't been broken at least once.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

The first rule of writing stands is to have fun :)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Anubis is bound to an object.

None of the random civilians mention the man with the jackal head screaming all fight long, all they comment on is the sword and the injured barber acting out of the ordinary. He slices a man standing on the other side of a cow and Polnareff through a pillar without cutting the animal or object in half.

I just kinda don't know if that's a generic ability humanoid Stands have like being able to hover 4 inches off the ground or what.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Jonathan is still the true JoJo in my heart.

sorry other jojos, you got to say rude words but they're just not as cool "How my heart resonates. I'm pulsing with heat and life. My very blood is a symphony within me!"

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

sorry other jojos, you got to say rude words but they're just not as cool "How my heart resonates. I'm pulsing with heat and life. My very blood is a symphony within me!"

:haibrower:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Wait did some translation try to make MY BLOOD'S BEAT IS RAZOR SHARP make some kind of sense? That's a crime imo

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

JoJo purity chart - (7, 8 and the picture of JoJo 9 excluded)

Pure:
Josuke - Only robbed his dickhead dad once

Mid:
Giorno - Drank the piss without complaining
Johnathan - Is a good boy but he fed his dog grapes (and in the manga he ate a whole chocolate bar in one sitting.)

Sinner:
The rest.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jolyne should have a tier below sinner. :v:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
The Tom Cruise tier

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
Josuke also cheats at dice.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dragonwagon posted:

Josuke also cheats at dice.

This was never proven he is free of sin

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Yinlock posted:

Wait did some translation try to make MY BLOOD'S BEAT IS RAZOR SHARP make some kind of sense? That's a crime imo

I don't know what translation you read but this is definitive:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i love watching that part where jotaro punches dio in the head so hard he cant move his legs

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Without the regeneration vampire power that DIO remembered he had, the fight would've ended in 10 minutes

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

This was never proven he is free of sin

And if he did it, he did it to own a great evil

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

My end of Part 6 headcanon is that Jolyne and the others remember everything and are just pulling a prank on Emporio.

RareAcumen posted:

Star Platinum could also somehow went on his merry way and bring stuff to Jotaro to his cell at the beginning of Part 3, although I'm sure we're meant to forget that.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Petiso posted:

My end of Part 6 headcanon is that Jolyne and the others remember everything and are just pulling a prank on Emporio.

Well, the Stardust Crusaders did it to Polnareff so there's precedent.

Petiso posted:

Star Platinum could also somehow went on his merry way and bring stuff to Jotaro to his cell at the beginning of Part 3, although I'm sure we're meant to forget that.

We never saw the first time Giorno fully summoned his Stand in his life and he made a bunch of grass grow around that injured mob guy, Sex Pistols deflected about 15 bullets from hitting Mistake automatically (and then never again) so I could chalk it up to some Stands functioning differently before you reign them in once and get them into their permanent form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I don't think Sex Pistols did that, that was just one of those Fate things like Pucci and Weather being unable to die until their annointed times