Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Mista is directly stated to have gotten his stand from Polpo's arrow test, the bullets all missing him was just a freakishly unlikely (but technically possible) series of events, like Thunder McQueen's gun going off while a person just so happened to be falling past his window

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
Araki really has some balls to end Stone Ocean the way he did.
Every other author would make use of their established cast and world and run it forever. But Araki is just like yea, i'm just gonna erase everyone's beloved character and husbando Jotaro and throw it all away and start something else.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

No Dignity posted:

I don't think Sex Pistols did that, that was just one of those Fate things like Pucci and Weather being unable to die until their annointed times

Augus posted:

Mista is directly stated to have gotten his stand from Polpo's arrow test, the bullets all missing him was just a freakishly unlikely (but technically possible) series of events, like Thunder McQueen's gun going off while a person just so happened to be falling past his window

No poo poo? Well drat, my mistake. That makes sense. Bruno gets him out of jail and then he gets his Stand. Could work either way though but yeah, that'll happen when you just watch the anime and don't read the manga enough times. :v:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The bullets missed Mista because it's canon that he really bloody stinks.

Fish Appreciator
Nov 25, 2021
Anytime a character asks, "I wonder if I can use my stand to do this?" The answer is always yes.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Note: "this" encompasses any action imaginable except not getting shot by your own gun, any attempt at which is tantamount to attempting to defy Fate

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I love the podcast I'm listening to (Dogs Must Die) coming to the realization that FF with Sex Pistols would be an OP team-up since FF can actually get away with shooting herself.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/crenandodorf/status/1621019921827385345?s=20&t=lm1ie_Om1W3ZGGe-lscRMg

:smith:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

It's weird how the Pistols never even try to deflect bullets away from Mista, they always just kinda stand there and watch him get owned

Just Mista's luck to get a stand that has it's own initiative but only when whining about food or bullying each-other, or helping anyone other than Mista himself.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Here's another thing about the stone ocean ending, without pucci, weather report and perla are probably still together

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

that's not exactly a good thing

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Alternately, was Weather ever kidnapped as a baby in the new timeline?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Yinlock posted:

that's not exactly a good thing

yeah exactly

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Alternatively, maybe Mrs. Bluemarine was only able to switch the babies because there were two of them and didn't have the heart to do it when it was just Weather so they grew up as normal siblings.

EDIT:

ChaosArgate posted:

Alternately, was Weather ever kidnapped as a baby in the new timeline?

Exactly, this.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Oxyclean posted:

I love the podcast I'm listening to (Dogs Must Die) coming to the realization that FF with Sex Pistols would be an OP team-up since FF can actually get away with shooting herself.
I hope they just say gently caress it and do episodes on the manga for Steel Ball Run and Jojolion

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Mista got away w shooting himself like, always, he was a super nice guy born under a lucky star

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

I hope they just say gently caress it and do episodes on the manga for Steel Ball Run and Jojolion

I hope they become JoJo myth busters and start looking into actual production history for the series and sorting facts from rumors.

Barring that, I want them to bring up all the Araki JOJOVELLER episode stories like Jojo's World has been doing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The chapter came out like two years after the Sixth Sense did it's not hard at all to check the dates for these things

The entire part didn't start until three months after the movie came out in Japan

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

I hope whoever made that stone ocean virtual insanity video is doin OK

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

So like was he going to pay the baby

E: Was he going to pay the ghost sword

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I like to think he would pay them just to watch them try to do anything with the money.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I think the ghost sword would've done it for free.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Waffleman_ posted:

So like was he going to pay the baby

E: Was he going to pay the ghost sword

N’doul seems to imply the Egypt arc villains aren’t even getting paid and just like, following Dio because he’s the “Messiah for the wicked” or whatever. Basically they were all Pucci’s. They’re all carrying Dio’s printer is what I’m saying.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Waffleman_ posted:

The chapter came out like two years after the Sixth Sense did it's not hard at all to check the dates for these things

The entire part didn't start until three months after the movie came out in Japan
I was disappointed that Chip and Grant didn't realize that the movie Jolene was watching and rewinding was a pastiche of Memento

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Me when they imply Jotaro Kujo did not remember his high school days (He does, perfectly. He just knows that dressing like a protagonist makes people want to mess with them, and you should put them in the hospital to solve it)

https://i.imgur.com/tpdVUnR.mp4

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

galagazombie posted:

N’doul seems to imply the Egypt arc villains aren’t even getting paid and just like, following Dio because he’s the “Messiah for the wicked” or whatever. Basically they were all Pucci’s. They’re all carrying Dio’s printer is what I’m saying.

N'doul was a fanatic though, some of them didn't seem to really care and just wanted to murder Jotaro and pals real bad. I'm guessing they all have varied motivations that aren't particularly important.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

galagazombie posted:

The oingo boingo brothers dropped the printer multiple times

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Pretty sure that Oingo, Boingo, Alessi, and maybe Mariah were partially in it for the money.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hol Horse was totally expecting a payday at the end of this.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

MonsterEnvy posted:

Pretty sure that Oingo, Boingo, Alessi, and maybe Mariah were partially in it for the money.

I thought Mariah was hot for Dio.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mr. Lobe posted:

I thought Mariah was hot for Dio.

Oh no doubt, but you can be paid too.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Mariah is Giorno's mom

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

You were either hot for Dio or afraid he was going to kill you

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

bobjr posted:

You were either hot for Dio or afraid he was going to kill you

Or in the case of Avdol before he fled, both

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Mr. Lobe posted:

Or in the case of Avdol before he fled, both

Kinda funny Avdol sees Dio at his place of business and then has to do extensive research to find that again.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Arbite posted:

Kinda funny Avdol sees Dio at his place of business and then has to do extensive research to find that again.

as previously said, avdol finding DIO hot means the blood was not reaching his brain so he deserves a little slack

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Arbite posted:

To be fair, there was no guarantee DIO stayed in Egypt. He could've just shown up to find Avdol in particular.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Yeah, I think DIO showed up at Avdol’s shop before he opened, so that tells us nothing of where DIO’s actually hiding out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

How far could a man reasonably move in 3 weeks though?

Like a mile? Maybe 1.3 kilometers?