Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

stev posted:

I've only just watched the pilot of Golden Winds and holy moly it's already so much better (and more bizarre) than parts 3 and 4. For one thing it looks absolutely gorgeous.

this will continue to permeate through the next three parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

OP and ED are both excellent. animation in the episodes seems to swing between really good and incredibly rushed. dunno if thats due to the change to having episodes being released in batches or just david production being limited within their budget even with that netflix money coming in. name changes don't really bother me because that just comes with the territory for any JJBA adaptations. happy with the voicework for the dub but still watching subs for right now.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It's Friday

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

there are no bad EDs.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Gwess rules. whish she was part of the crew.
I didn't really get what Foo Fighter is supposed to be, is it a stand without a user?

it's a stand with a plankton based stand user

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

gross.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

waves make sense later.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The worst part about Jotaro being a bad dad is we never got Josuke and the gang baby sitting Jolyne

like anyone but koichi would be entrusted with that anyway.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

man i wish part 4 just kept going

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Don't you dare sit here and delude yourself into thinking Joseph Joestar was not a draft dodger.

he wouldn't need to dodge considering he's disabled

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The Gubs

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

there was a long break between stardust crusaders halves

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Funky Valentine posted:

Jotaro should've known there was a ruse on when Joseph's ghost went up instead of straight down.

hahaha

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

giorno could have stopped Pucci

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

bruno dismembering pesci with zippers is still the 2nd coolest moment in the Part to me, only second to the seven page muda muda

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

janken kid could have stopped pucci

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXpJlBVRcns

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

whenever it is i hope netflix stays far away

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

foo fighters was probably the strongest glue holding the part down imo

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the first time he attacked dio he punched him through the chest

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

dan of steel was merely retired

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hatty posted:

Mariah died and no one can convince me otherwise

she canonically has survived as has strangely hol horse

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i love watching that part where jotaro punches dio in the head so hard he cant move his legs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tunicate posted:

Not sure if this is a coincidence but I saw an Egyptian guy online mention that the style from the Oingo Boingo manga Stand was similar to something he remembered from his childhood.
Specifically, from the #1 egyptian kids magazine ( Majid ), which was extremely popular back in the '80s

Obviously Araki would have added some of his his own weirdness on top but I can definitely see similarities, and Araki did visit Egypt three times while writing Stardust Crusaders so he'd certainly have had a chance to see it.

EDIT: yeah look at oingo's pose here

And the oingo arc starts with some random foreigner trading his binoculars for a look at the comic because these foreign comics are so cool

woah what a find