Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Part 5 is my favorite so far because of the setting and awesome fights/stands. But the DIU episode with the chef is still my favorite JoJo's ever, I like expectations being broken every once in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

That english dub seemed good except Jotaro, he kind of threw me off so I'll probably watch subs again even though I try to watch non JoJo shows dubbed. And I agree that binge watching sucks and a weekly release would be much more fun.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Arist posted:

????????

Just didn't feel like the character to me, I dunno. He sounds familiar too, but I'm not up on all the big voice actors.

Normally I think good dub > subs but for JoJos anime it feels so weird to hear it in english.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Arist posted:

In all seriousness you've heard it before because it's Matthew Mercer, who is in loving everything. I like his Jotaro a lot, but whatever.

Actually thats probably it, I've heard that guy way too much. He's not bad, just sounds too familiar.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Strength is the only episode I tell people to skip because it almost made me stop watching the show entirely, it's so gross and the episode would be boring even without the creepy poo poo.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Also that rat was clever as hell, let's be honest, it would have killed almost anyone in the same situation.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Finally finished the episodes yesterday, I'm loving pumped. I reread the manga very recently to compare, and I think the english dub was great, as well as most of the animation/visuals. I feel like the idea of the oppressive prison environment was expressed a lot better in the anime, probably just due to have more space to show how little space there actually is. I liked the fights a lot, the animators did a great job of taking these weird rear end fight concepts and making them clear enough. The Jumpin Jack Flash fight was a little hard to visualize in the manga for me, and I loved the anime version of it. So many little things to enjoy that I won't gush about, but I do think Jolyne has surpassed part 2 Joseph as my favorite JoJo now, her voice actress nailed it imo. I guess it's time to power through part 7 out of excitement only to feel like I'll wait forever for that show.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

gotta love having no loving clue when more episodes will happen over the course of multiple months instead of the very simple 'another one happens every week until it's over'

I agree, either a big binge dump or a trickle a week would have been good, these 3 big episode chunks hurt. At least the next one has some fights that I'm looking forward to a great deal.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Arist posted:

Again, this isn't some one-off, Netflix releases kill discussion of the show because there's no "baseline" for anyone's viewing experience and it disappears from the zeitgeist immediately. This happens constantly and the only things that escape it are Squid Game-level smash hits. You're wrong.

And who's talking about "surviving?" People just want the show they like to be talked about.

I can't think of the last time people talked about a show a great deal other than Squid Game, GoT, or maybe Riverdale cause it was ridiculous. I don't think "water cooler" shows exist anymore, there's so much out there and every has their tastes. And binging stuff *can* be good, but I do really miss the week to week speculation of a show, it's hard to find these days.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

bobjr posted:

Josuke spends too much time playing video games to get as buff.

Girls, Games, Gains, pick two. We know which two Jotaro picked.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

"13 weeks isn't that long!" I thought to myself, 5 years ago, like a goddamn idiot.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Yeah, one-a-week pace was acceptable, but this is ridiculous. They should have just finished the show first before releasing anything, now I'm worried about quality issues.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

There is a fight in the next batch that is infamously confusing as gently caress in the manga and can only benefit from being in motion.

A lot of the fights in the next bit are some of my favorites ever, makes the delay worse >:I

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

bobjr posted:

The delay is due to the anime trying their best to get the “gently caress if there’s no mickey THIS poo poo AIN’T DISNEY” line in

Not getting sued over this line when it's in an american show does actually seem difficult considering it's disney and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

"drat, I would cancel my netflix if I wasn't already on someone else's account" seems to be a popular sentiment these days