Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Legit excited for all the anime-only people to see who imo is probably the most hardcore jojo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
IMO Araki made the right choice with Fugo because it's a way to play up just how scary the idea of going against the boss is, that even someone with a power that can just murder anything around him is like "oh hell no, are you guys crazy, gently caress that."

It'd be cool if we could get an adaptation of purple haze feedback though.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Johnny Joestar posted:

i've said it before but we'll literally never get an animated purple haze feedback since they would kind of have to straight up create everything themselves, visually.

I don't really understand how this is such an impossible feat. I am pretty certain there are drawings of any of the main purple haze feedback characters and stands and david production is an animation studio, filling in between panels and drawing new stuff is kinda what they're expected to do. It isn't like they make motion comics.

Also, still peeved the anime dub de-gayed Cioccolata

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Plus he still does it, just without forcibly taking them over, like the mentioned death 13 fight, the fight with lovers, and he does his super stretching stuff for those too as well as tower of gray

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Dio saw a baby and said "yes, you, I want you in my team."

Well it isn't like he was going to kill the baby instead, DIO is way above infanticide

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

comedyblissoption posted:

DIO shot a baby with an arrow

DIO would never do such a thing. Enya, though, definitely would.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Another reason they wouldn't suspect Mannish Boy is because, in addition to not even remembering what was happening in their sleep, it'd be pretty loving stupid for Mannish Boy to kill anyone while they were airborne since he'd die in the crash. They weren't even aware they were in any danger to begin with, just thought they had some bad dreams and Kakyoin freaking out and accusing a baby of the nightmares.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Remember we're in the anime thread.

"Part 7 has horses" isn't exactly a spoiler but just a reminder if anyone confuses the 2 threads

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
People could always do a simulwatch thread and just talk about one ep a week

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Gold Experience is essentially the return of and development on the life-creating properties of ripple and vampirism

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Something that Part 5 had a lot of focus on were multi-stand fights against users working together and combining their abilities. We got a lot of really great moments out of that.

Still can't believe the dub changed it so Cioccolata doesn't tell Secco he loves him.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Johnny Joestar posted:

on the flipside, part 3 was stretched out way too loving long, lmao. it's literally shorter than part 4 iirc, manga-wise, but they inserted a lot of junk to fill it out to two full seasons somehow.

And they still cut out Senator Wilson Phillips running over Waldo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
They also cut out some of the fun extraneous bits from stuff like the calluses page in superfly :(

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Unfortunately Araki dips into sexual assault as shorthand for being evil probably for the same reason he has villains kill so many dogs: it is a horror media staple.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Brandfarlig posted:

Why would you take the word of a stranger over your own kid?

Because The Lock is an incredibly powerful stand

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hard not to throw him under a bus when he's that short

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I haven't used netflix to watch jojo before, does netflix preserve the opening changes or does it stick with 1 opening and not incorporate any of the changes like the added sound effects or DIO stopping time from earlier parts?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I've never watched any anime through netflix, only ever watched movies on it and a few shows that only ever had 1 opening, so I wasn't sure if the unique openings were still part of the episode or if they just had the episodes as their own videos and a single video for the opening that gets played before each episode and has the skip option

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

lezard_valeth posted:

Well yeah, but they cheated. I was expecting Jotaro ripping on his gramps' for being too old to play videogames to be a setup for him to kick D'arbys rear end in a fair match.

You expect Joseph to not cheat?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Just set up a simulwatch thread for anyone looking to keep the friday stuff going and the people binge watching can just use this thread, this doesn't change that the internet at large would still have access to the dump of eps all at once but at least you can have a dedicated space to following and discussing stuff at a weekly (or faster) pace

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Would The Lock have worked on Kira

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
And Bruno's zipper inside the prisoner transport

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Man I can't wait to get out of this Stone Ocean

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Part 1: Wine
Part 2: Coke
Part 3: 7Up
Part 4: Pepsi
Part 5: Piss

Can't wait to see what the official drink of part 6 will be

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The savage garden part 4 stuff was fine too, the sudden clap into walk like an egyptian owned, and roundabout lead-ins are top tier and seeing how they put various characters to change the ending up as it went was cool.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

track day bro! posted:

Emporio is just American Koichi
Change my mind

Emporio has dignity

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

He's a Cubs fan, no he loving doesn't.

When you're a little kid stuck in a prison, you're limited to clothes only deviants and criminals would wear

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Jotaro's dad is Big Band

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Giorno is Gilgamesh, being 2/3rds immortal and 1/3rd mortal.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Part 5 is actually just Araki's interpretation of the Epic of Gilgamesh. To learn more, you can read my thesis on my angelfire page at

muscles like this! posted:

It is very weird how Dio being Giorno's dad has absolutely no pay off.

The payoff is that he carries characteristics associated with both Jonathan and Dio, just as Jolyne carries characteristics associated with her father and Josuke shares those with Joseph.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Regalingualius posted:

Has there ever been a Stand user who just flat out lied about their powers?

Cameo lies about what Judgement does.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Tunicate posted:

Jotaro's keen mind realized that the stands in part 3 had themed names based on cards, and figured if he named Josuke's stand Crazy Diamond he'd only have to fight three other guys, tops.

Imagine the world where Araki stuck to card names and part 6 has Jolyne Cujoh with her stand 「COBALT EIGHT」 and her friend Ermes with the stand 「DRAW 2」

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
「A SAD HANDJOB」 has no weakness.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
「Blue Öyster Cult」 - A stand that causes everyone to keep insisting that they are the real stand user and the only way to determine who has the real stand is to find the one with the umlaut.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
7th Stand User also heavily spoils other parts too, part 6 included.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
A weekly release versus the batch release is just the journey versus the end results argument again

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

"Done. Next?"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It has bathrooms but it would charge you cash and only accept freshly skewered lightly seared change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Freakazoid_ posted:

jojo fans often said it was the weakest part of the series. I can wait.

What the gently caress