Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Josuke meets a guy who can transform into whatever he wants, and his first thought was "I should use him to scam Rohan". Stuff like that is why part 4 is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Releasing the eps as batches is disrespectful to Friday.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Oh god it's so gorgeous, I'm so glad they went all out on this. Considering how little this really shows (we don't even see any antagonists), would this really point to there being three openings? I don't see them filling up the other sections of part 6 with just one more opening.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

The name changes would be cool if we got more Dan of Steels and Boy Boy Mans then Lil Bombers and Zippermans.

There's also stuff like Stone Ocean, which just doesn't make any sense for her to name it that.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Stone Free, like the Jimi Hendrix song.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

They took out the scene where Jolyne has to pay the barber to protect her hair. Normally I wouldn't be that bothered but her hair is important.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Tamami and Hazamada both started out as normal sized, and after they got dealt with changed into their smaller forms. It wasn't the same as stuff like Iggy though. They were clearly meant to look different and less intimidating after Koichi stopped being afraid of them.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Arist posted:

This is a verboten JoJo opinion on these forums from what I've seen, but it's real fuckin' strange that Joseph comes to Morioh explicitly to help the gang find a murderer and then another murderer shows up and they never even attempt to do the thing that they brought him to Morioh to do! They don't even have, like, one line of dialogue explaining that they tried and it didn't work!

In any other series this would bother me but as someone just mentioned, they end up finding the guy because he yells his own name out on public. Also the guy they were trying to find before (Akira) also only got caught because he decided to show up in person for some reason.

The good guys are total dumbasses and it's evened out by the bad guys also being total dumbasses.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I basically considered that non canon the instant it happened, and nothing that comes after contradicted that.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Part 5's fights are only great if you can divorce the events from the characters in them, which feels like it's totally missing the point of the series. Cool stuff happens in them, but I have never been able to care very much about most of the cast of part 5, so it really doesn't matter. Josuke and Okuyasu getting money from a child that gets them drunk or Jolyne and Foo Fighters playing catch will beat out stuff like Cioccolatta any day.

Edit: Thinking about it the two fights in part 5 that stick out to me as being really good (the train and Metallica, which are both really rad) are entirely because of the villains and not the main characters.

Momomo fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Sep 3, 2022

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

The limitations of the prison are a huge issue in a lot of the fights, so I would say it does make sense. Hell, they even affect Pucci in the same way, and show he isn't the all powerful leader like he acts like he is.

I'd almost call the prison itself a stand with a set of arbitrary rules the characters have to puzzle their way around every fight.

Momomo fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Nov 12, 2022

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Yeah I distinctly remember people making fun of shots in part 2 where it was just a camera moving around a still image. Really, as long as we don't get something on the level of the Dio vs Jotaro fight when it comes to awkwardness, I'm fine with what they've shown.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Chase is good, the weakest openings are the two part 5 ones. They're decent songs but I am not a fan of the visuals.

This new part 6 opening is kind of the opposite, so far from my watching. The visuals are good but the song is not very exciting. It's hard to follow up on what was one of the best openings in the first part 6 opening, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

When I got to the end of part 6 I figured there was no JoJo stuff in that new world. Jotaro didn't fight Dio and the joestar legacy did not exist. It doesn't erase what happened in the previous worlds, they just happened in the past. It's sad that all our friends no longer exist, but we still had those adventures with them already, and the new world has its own stuff.

I kind of see it like watching a TV show and changing the channel to some other show. The old show is still there, but it's not like the new show has that same stuff happening.