Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

DJExile posted:

Is there anything in the rules saying a dog can't play baseball?

There's a misconception the "bud" didn't refer to a dog but actually a particularly high grade strain of marijuana the dog smokes while he played professional sports

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Chamale posted:

If a batter with dwarfism could get on base every time in the modern game, someone with a 1.000 OBP who has to be subbed out would absolutely be worth a roster slot. I calculate that would be worth about 6 WAR. The problem is that for it to work as a non-gimmick, opposing pitchers would be prepared for him, and even a man with a tiny zone can be struck out by a pitcher who isn't laughing at the situation.

Is that 6 war in the DH spot?

Also to what extent does "clogging the base paths" become a real thing with a truely slow base runner?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Shrecknet posted:

I know that the shift works because batters are allergic to learning new tricks, but has anyone bothered with the Baltimore Chop since Mike Lowell retired? Or does the TTO nature of modern baseball make it irrelevant?

I mean changing your top 100 in the world skill is more complicated than changing how you format your excel tables.