Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I miss those sweet teas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Their pimento cheese sandwiches are legit fantastic

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

3 dollars for BBQ makes me assume there must be a catch

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
The catch is that it’s Georgia BBQ

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Tee times are out and no blockbuster pairings: https://www.masters.com/en_US/players/pairings/index.html

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Watching some of the Golf Channel coverage, Patrick Reed is hitting his irons the same vs when he won in 2018 but he's hitting 6 more fairways and ranked 1 in strokes gained putting vs 72.

I shoulda picked him. :smith:

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION

Josh Lyman posted:

Watching some of the Golf Channel coverage, Patrick Reed is hitting his irons the same vs when he won in 2018 but he's hitting 6 more fairways and ranked 1 in strokes gained putting vs 72.

I shoulda picked him. :smith:

Sergio is statistically hitting the ball better and putting better going into this Masters than when he won in 2017, according to Chamblee. :allears:

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Gary Player looks like he could compete if you just let him play the shorter tees.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

torgeaux posted:

Gary Player looks like he could compete if you just let him play the shorter tees.

Dude is a freak of nature for his age. I can only hope to have his energy if I make it to 85.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/JasonSobelTAN/status/1380129951375056896?s=19

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Couple real :yikes: moments to start the day here.

https://twitter.com/eamonlynch/status/1380154164882341894

https://twitter.com/KVanValkenburg/status/1380149083319513089

Anno fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Apr 8, 2021

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Woooo Masters!!!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

quote:

daslog: Viktor Hovland

...lo siento.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
It's looking difficult out there today

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Looks like the Masters.com morning featured groups are:
Bubba, Koepka, Hovland
DJ, Westwood, Strafaci (reigning US Am champ and Georgia Tech's own :smug: ) (I actually hate how slow he played during the US Am) (also he has a weird move through the ball)

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Decent sized crowds. Most seems to be wearing their masks now but I wonder how they'll feel when it hits 82*F this afternoon.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I know things are firm right now and the greens are 'sorta' splotchy, as far as Augusta goes, but I'm wondering/betting on how much of that is because they're expecting rain all week they can't water or else turn them into bogs by Sunday (or Monday/Tuesday if it's delayed)

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Victor carded a 7 on the first hole.....

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Is it too late to get a player? I'll take ZJ if not so.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

rare Magic card l00k posted:

3 dollars for BBQ makes me assume there must be a catch

I mean good on them (I guess) for keeping it cheap, but they are nothing special. Just your generic concession stand BBQ.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Is there someplace showing the tournament? I'm watching golf channel and despite play going on, it's talking heads watching Berger on the range.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

torgeaux posted:

Is there someplace showing the tournament? I'm watching golf channel and despite play going on, it's talking heads watching Berger on the range.

ESPN+ and Masters.com has coverage right now. Amen Corner, Featured Groups and Holes 4-6 currently.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I brought the 48in hd that my wife uses to stream her yoga classes up from the workout room up to my 'office' and have it set up as a third monitor.

...I also have my putter, some balls, and some snacks. Streamin' in style from masters.com baybee

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Thanks. TV said live coverage of the masters, but golf channel is live FROM the masters.

Edit: and, already muted. Did you know that literally every player has the game to do well at Augusta?

torgeaux fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Apr 8, 2021

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

torgeaux posted:

Thanks. TV said live coverage of the masters, but golf channel is live FROM the masters.

Edit: and, already muted. Did you know that literally every player has the game to do well at Augusta?

"really the level of respect they show to"

A.) The tournament
B.) Former champions
C.) Their golf shot
D.) The hole locations
E.) The History
F.) The Tradition
G.) Their family
H.) To Each Other
I.) The 'environment here'

Is Unmatched. I mean. If you REALLY think about it it, isn't it?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

BonoMan posted:

What’s everyone’s verdict on this? Zach Johnson doesn’t tee off for another 1.5 hours.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

He hasn't swung a club yet, I'd say let him have it. I'd get a little leary going forward from here, I guess? But seems like 'whatever' to me in terms of when he called it imo.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I always feel like Bubba is dressed by his mom.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

What’s everyone’s verdict on this? Zach Johnson doesn’t tee off for another 1.5 hours.

Let him in.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Just made about a dozen egg salad and pimento cheese sandwiches for the weekend. I'm ready, let's do this.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

mattfl posted:

Let him in.

same

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yeah he can pick ZJ, it's a casual thing let's have fun with it.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Breaking news!!!

Brooks Koepka had surgery three weeks ago. And can you believe he is walking? And competing in the Masters?!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

torgeaux posted:

Breaking news!!!

Brooks Koepka had surgery three weeks ago. And can you believe he is walking? And competing in the Masters?!

Sounds like he's better than that coward Tiger Woods

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

BonoMan posted:

You're in. :cheers:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Unlike some of my previous picks, Paul Casey hasn't played himself out of the pool to start, but E after 2 having missed decent birdie chances isn't ideal either.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Can we have the featured group commentators all the time? They don't feel the need to fill in every single moment of time with endless talking and it's wonderful.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
Sergio :killing:

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

daslog posted:

Can we have the featured group commentators all the time? They don't feel the need to fill in every single moment of time with endless talking and it's wonderful.

I think I only bother with the broadcast on Sunday tbh. I almost always stick with Featured Groups on Thursday and Friday, and then I'll hop between the various hole groups on Saturday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

daslog posted:

Absolutely.

However, I've somehow queued in on the 'crows of Augusta' and while they're not talking all I can hear is the two-beat "AWK .. AWK!" repeated indefinitely forever behind them and it reminds me that behind the luscious greenery and pageantry of our frivolous world there is only death. So if we could tune those out it'd be nice.