Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I always feel like Bubba is dressed by his mom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

daslog posted:

Can we have the featured group commentators all the time? They don't feel the need to fill in every single moment of time with endless talking and it's wonderful.

I think I only bother with the broadcast on Sunday tbh. I almost always stick with Featured Groups on Thursday and Friday, and then I'll hop between the various hole groups on Saturday.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Did something change recently? I don't remember Feature Groups bouncing to other action in between shots. This has been great all day.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Hovland with a helluva putt on 15.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Hovland dunking on 17 yet again

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

My day has been made by Spieth talking his caddy out of playing a safe shot on a Thursday.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I feel like Rose playing 8 through 18 at -9 is pretty good.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Justin Rose pulling a "Not Spieth" on one by not trying to hit through a tree.

pro starcraft loser posted:

Whoa, Rose in the featured group this morning? Nice.

...but not a great opening drive...

Between the two featured groups this should be a good morning if yesterday is any indication.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Apr 9, 2021

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

mdemone posted:

I want somebody to make a back-and-forth gif of one of those insane practice drives, to be shelved and only used if he misses the cut.

I need him around for the weekend for some live action schadenfreude.

e: Feature Groups this morning have been great, like yesterday. My key take away is that I don't like watching Scott Scheffler play golf. Fleetwood has been Steady Eddie.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Apr 9, 2021

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Matt Kuchar is 8 years younger than Phil.

Watching Matt Kuchar bend over to get his ball out of the cup makes MY back hurt.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Wait, so Rory just full shanked a mid-iron into the woods, played a provisional, and then Si Woo Kim broke his putter to the point where he's now putting with his 3 Wood?

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Who breaks a putter!?

e: On replay, he got really unlucky that he broke the shaft with that.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Apr 9, 2021

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Ah yes, the Denis Leary "Suicide Kings" special.

e: Okay, my favorite thing about this now is the commentary crew agreeing that they've all done this before, but disagreeing with his use of a 5 wood as a replacement over a sand wedge or lob wedge.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Apr 9, 2021

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Looks like DJ is going to have some fun navigating the cut line coming in.

e: And nope, he is dunzo.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Apr 9, 2021

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I wish I could bet on Billy Horschel having a melt down before the end of the round.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Adam Scott is about to post a quite large number on 15.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

15 minutes of Nantz and Faldo instead of another rewatch of the 2019 back 9, gtfo here

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Daric posted:

Lol it’s Hideki, don’t start counting your money yet

Finau, Kim, and Cam Smith are the only guys even close. Pretty comfortable Sunday, that.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Horschel and Dechambeau are in the Feature Groups this morning, that could be hilarious.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Yeah, it looks like Bryson is just teeing for the fences just for funsies today. This is going to be fun.

e: Bonus: Horschel is already pissed.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Apr 11, 2021

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Dr. Capco posted:

Despite it having absolutely no impact on the tournament I'm glad they cut to bryson's tee shot on 18 because it was absolutely annihilated. 340 to clear the bunkers and it went another 30 probably. :stare:

Yeah, I think they said 373.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

e: nm

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Schauffle not going away

e: and Rose calls bank off a tree on 15 into the drink

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Apr 11, 2021

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

OH NO HIDEKI WYD

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I could do with more live shots of crowd reactions of the scoreboard on 18 when things like this happen.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Holy poo poo what a turn of events

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I figured that cheer in the background was Zalatoris making par on 18.

General Dog posted:

Did he call any basketball this year or is this the only thing he’s still doing?

He's retired except for this AFAIK.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

One more deep breath for Hideki, he's surely gonna take 3 Wood off the tee at 18 right?

e: We have got to knock it off with these focal length change shots.

2e: Nope, driver and crushes it.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Apr 11, 2021

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Dango Bango posted:

Goddamn who the hell has been breathing heavily into the mic all day?

Jim and Verne have both been doing it I think. Its weird, you think a producer would have said something.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Wait, so does Dustin not get the full year with his jacket?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

DJExile posted:

You always have the jacket, it's not something that travels from winner to winner

I mean you are only supposed to get to wear it away from Augusta from the first year, right? And then it stays at the club. Does DJ have to leave it at the club since the next tournament has been played?