Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

This game is amazing and the remaster looks even better, extremely hyped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Kongming posted:

So in New Game+ it looks like Rouge will inherit all of Blue's stuff including all the spells except Life and the gift-only Time and Space spells. The same probably works in reverse if you train Rouge up in another scenario before picking Blue. Makes sense lore-wise but I wasn't expecting it.

I tested this and it doesn't work in that direction. Blue won't inherit anything from Rouge if you start a new Blue playthrough with an NG+ save that included Rouge.

I think the way it works is that Blue and Rouge count as separate characters in the game files (they do for system data purposes as well), but Blue/Rouge from the end of Blue's scenario counts as both. So while Blue can't inherit anything from Rouge on NG+, they can both inherit stuff from endgame Blue/Rouge on NG+.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Finished Riki's scenario last night and it was 80% pretty fun and then the last 20% was truly horrible

I almost respect the sheer spite of the magma slimes

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

SaGa Frontier is from the era when Square had fancy system names for everything up to and including "you can go wherever you want and there are different character you can play as :shobon:"

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The upcoming physical release for Switch has some of the best box art I've ever seen

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Fungah! posted:

i was doing some reading about monster systems to do riki's scenario and i found this collection of interviews with the team:

https://essenceofsaga.wordpress.com/complete-interviews/

my favorite bit's this

god I love SaGa games

bump_fn posted:

beat emilia - did they make diva not habe 100k hp anymore it didn’t seme as hard a fight

boss HP scales with your battle rank so you might have had a lower BR going in

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

turns out the new superboss modes of the final bosses are pretty hard and it is indeed possible for three characters spamming DSC to run out of WP and the boss is still standing so

yeah that's pretty cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

herculon posted:

I’ve been stuck on Riki’s end boss since yesterday. It’s a cool fight, but it just slowly whittles me down.

if you're still on the fight, harmonium earrings are a huge help, probably the boss they help the most with since they block Oscillation