Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosStar0
Apr 6, 2021

Okay, well first we're going to need some info. What difficulty are you playing on? Depending on the difficulty different things will be viable or not. For instance: on the Highest difficulties it's not worth building Wonders as the AI will practically always snipe you. How many turns are the updates generally going to be? That will give us a heads up on how long we need to plan ahead.

So regarding what you want, Help Antananarivo, Scout should Take a peek Northeast, Animal Husbandry, Builder then Monument.

Note: You actually can't fight Antananarivo, Canada's Civ Ability makes you unable to war against City-States. Also Wilfrid's Leader Ability gives all your camps, gained from Animal Husbandry, +1 food so Ottowa will grow faster. You will want to buy the Grassland to the Southeast of the Marsh as the Torres del Paine doubles the yield of the tiles around it, so it'll be 4 food instead of 2. Also the Bear Claw Tribe will never(not sure, haven't played with Barbarian Tribes yet) become a City-State, due to it being within 3 tiles of a City or City-State. Also don't chop trees, once you get Lumber Mills Wilfrid's ability gives them +1 Production.

Also one thing I'm glad they did in Civ 6 is that Settlers cost a unit of pop to produce. They removed that for Civ 5 and it made people spam happy.

Note: I'm not the best at this game as my preferred difficulty is Prince.

This may delve too much into the mechanics for you, but that's the kind of game Civ is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosStar0
Apr 6, 2021

Yeah, I thought it was a little too early to talk about Victory types, but yeah. Canada is suited for Diplomatic and Cultural. Also we know from looking at the Tech and Civic trees OP has Tech/Civic shuffle on as well. Doesn't seem to have Secret Societies or Myths and Legends on, and likely doesn't have Zombie mode on. That leaves Apocalypse mode as a potential.

ChaosStar0
Apr 6, 2021

So, the next game update is going to boost Wilfrid's Leader Ability. The update may not be Save Game compatible, so it's your call on whether you start a new game or not.