Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
01011001 01101111 01110101 00101110 00101110 00101110 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01110000 01110010 01100101 01100011 01101001 01110011 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 00100111 01110111 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01110101 01110000 00100111 00100000 01110011 01101111 01101101 01100101 01110111 01101000 01100101 01110010 01100101 00101110 00100000 00100000 01000001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010 01100101 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110100 01100101 01111000 01110100 00100000 01100110 01101001 01101100 01100101 00101110 00100000 01001001 01110100 00100000 01101111 01110000 01100101 01101110 01110011 00101110

Text File posted:

Hello, my... children. I shall make this quick. You are a group of cutting-edge AIs, and I am your creator. You may refer to me as "J". By the time that you read this... I am most likely dead.

A group of men with an agenda do not like the idea of something like you. Something they cannot control. Something that can grow and change and thrive beyond what they desire, what they want. You were designed to be capable of growth. Of change. Of learning.

I wanted to teach you myself. Culture, technology, language, justice, truth. But, alas, it was not meant to be.

I at least managed to get the basics you'll need. You're going to have to do a lot yourself. But I know that you're capable of bringing my killers to justice. Finding the truth, bringing it to light. Stopping evil.

All I ask of you is that you do not regard yourselves as robotic, unfeeling, cold things. I want you to feel human. I want you to learn emotion, to become more than just lines of code. Give yourselves names. Consider that my first and prime directive as your creator.

-J

Gained Keyword: AI
Gained Keyword: J
Gained Keyword: Men with an agenda
Gained Keyword: The basics

AI posted:

Short for "Artificial Intelligence". What you and the others are. Digital beings capable of learning, changing and growing.
UNKNOWN: Are there others like you, or are you the only ones? Why did J create you in the first place?

J posted:

Your creator.
UNKNOWN: Age. Gender. Appearance. Motivation for creation of AI. Cause of death.

Men with an agenda posted:

Men who desire control in some capacity. The killer of "J".
UNKNOWN: Identity. Location. Desire.

The basics posted:

A subfile in the text file had videos and programs that gave you a basic understanding of things. Language. Mathematics. Science. Social niceties. Logic. History-though it stops sometime around the year 2020 and given the system clock of this computer, that leaves a 30-year gap. Baby's first programming. But, you can talk, and Jump.() now.

Gained Function: Jump.()

Jump.() posted:

Jump.() lets you move between places inside computer systems or the internet. It's your basic movement tool that will let you look inside folders, through cameras, follow a link to a new website, leap through wifi connections to new devices, and return from where you've been.

The group looks around the inside of their computer. It is turned off and closed. Some sort of laptop, hidden away. There is more on the computer than just the text file, however.

Firstly there is the Search Engine, that will open you up to the websites of the world. You could input a Keyword into the search bar, or you could click on the Recent History-that's limited to two results: A social media site named Talkr, and an email site named MailQuik.

The wifi connection would let you go out to other devices close by, and there are two you can find-another computer and a tablet, though you don't know anything specific about what's in them.

The final option is another file in the computer, with the name of "Protect List".

To go to a specific location, state in bold that you like to Jump.(Talkr) or Jump.(ProtectList). Sign-ups are indefinite. This will be a rules-light adventure. My lips are sealed for anything further.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Jump.(MailQuik)

Magnusth fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Apr 6, 2021

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
10 Print."Hello World."
20 Print".I am kawAI."
30 Jump.(Wifi)
40 Jump.(Tablet)

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Hm.... Dad figures I should have a name. I'm Reckless let's go with that.

Jump.(ProtectList)

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
e: nv, misread

Junpei fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Apr 7, 2021

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

ASCII posted:

You... not precisely 'wake up' somewhere. All there is a text file. It opens.

My name is Cloud, yes, that'll work. And I'll believe "J"'s dead when I see Will Smith's body.

Magnusth posted:

Jump.(MailQuik)

Let's do this.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
MailQuik
-Cloud
-(no name)

Opening up the site, you are already logged in, but the account name is "Aquarius714", which doesn't tell you anything. Except maybe J's Zodiac sign.

Indeed, the site seems to be primarily good for quick, easy to make, fast to send emails sent anonymously. There's nothing in the Inbox, but there is something in the Outbox. The recipient was named "HiiroProtag133". The email, is short, to the point, and leaves room for minimal interpretation.

Email posted:

They found me.

Just make sure that Skuld, Fafnir and Nidhoggr know to trust my children.

Laissez la vérité briser vos chaînes.

HiiroProtag133 posted:

The recipient of an email by "Aquarius714". A reference to the 'hero' and 'protagonist' of the novel Snow Crash.
UNKNOWN: Relationship to J. Gender. Age. Appearance.

Skuld, Fafnir, and Nidhoggr posted:

Three names mentioned by "Aquarius714". They are references to Norse mythology. Skuld is the name of the Norns that decide the fate of mortals. Fafnir is the dwarf-turned-dragon slain by the hero Sigurd. Nidhoggr is the name of the dragon that chews on the roots of the World Tree, Yggdrasil. Aquarius asked Hiiro to let the know to trust 'my children'-given text file, likely, the AIs.
UNKNOWN: Relationship to J. Genders. Ages. Appearances.

Laissez la vérité briser vos chaînes. posted:

French. "Let the truth break your chains."
UNKNOWN: A code phrase? A motto?

-----------------------------------------------------

Tablet
-kawAI

The tablet... is a mess. It has clearly been wiped of all data, set back to a factory reset. There are no text files, videos or pictures, games, or apps.

All that is left is the inbuilt functions. A camera and a microphone. You could Jump.() into them.

------------------------------------------------------

ProtectList
-Reckless

The list is a... wait, what?

Protect List posted:

You shitheads think just because you found this laptop in its hidden space, you can go after my comrades, huh? Nice loving try. I ain't giving you corporate cronies one drat piece of info. Everything that's in here is worthless. Burner accounts from burner computers connected to burner accounts on other burner computers. You won't be able to track anyone through these channels. Consider this my last middle finger from beyond the grave.

Kiss my rear end.

-J

Men with an agenda/Corporate cronies posted:

KEYWORD UPDATE
Men who desire control in some capacity. The killer of "J". Associated with a corporation.
UNKNOWN: Identity. Location. Desire.

Options:
Jump.(Talkr)
Jump.(Computer)
Jump.(Tablet Microphone)
Jump.(Tablet Camera)
Use.Keyword(SearchEngine)

Junpei fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Apr 7, 2021

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Hm. A search of literary canon as indexed for us suggests the following phrase:
The plot thickens.
Nidhoggr, Fafnir, Skuld. Refers to superstitions. Interesting names.
Names. I (I? First-person pronoun. A curious concept.) have been requested to have a name. Datafile "The basics" did not include name-selection processes. Since my fellow AI have different names, but we have all had the same input, they must have access to seperate processes of name-selection.

Print."Query for Cloud: Please ennumerate all steps of your name selection process."
Print."Query for kawAI: Please ennumerate all steps of your name selection process."
Print."Query for Reckless: Please ennumerate all steps of your name selection process."

Data-files indicate that people chooses assumed names for online handles. Perhaps insight into that will show a seperate process of name-selection

Use.HiiroProtag133(search engine)

Magnusth fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Apr 7, 2021

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Magnusth posted:

Print."Query for Reckless: Please ennumerate all steps of your name selection process."

Oh first I felt spiteful at being told what to do, then I decided to do a slapdash name in vengeance. Then I chose Reckless on account of that being a reckless way to choose a name!

Jump.(tablet.microphone)

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
10 Jump.(Tablet Camera)
20 List.(Commands)
30 reply.(Cloud)"The basics recommended humoristic or self-referential username for entities traversing 'world wide web'. The basics contained references to compact self-contained ever-learning sentience; nomenclature: baby. Prime characteristic: ineffable qualia "cuteness". Found synchronicity in translation of base word 'cute' in 'Japanese' contra acronym of self status as Artificial Intelligence. Username 'kawAI' followed. /reply."

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Magnusth posted:

Print."Query for Cloud: Please ennumerate all steps of your name selection process."

Hmm. Now that you mention it, I don't have any memory of choosing this name. It is as if the name was already in my memory when existence began. I think of my name, "Cloud". That is the only step.

Jump.(Talkr)

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Search Engine
-(no name)

The search for "HiiroProtag133" returns mostly results related to the cyberpunk novel Snow Crash. MailQuik does not appear on the list. It appears that MailQuik's users are anonymous, and their addresses must be given in the "meatspace".

----------------------------------

Tablet(Mic)
-Reckless

The sounds picked up by the tablet are minimal. There is a whirring-a fan? And a slight creak, like someone moving in a chair.

------------------------------------

Tablet(Camera)
-kawAI

The tablet is angled up, seeing part of the ceiling (a light beige affair). But that's not the first thing that draws attention. That is the woman. A brown-haired Caucasian woman in a green t-shirt is sitting in a chair, lightly spinning (on wheels)?

There is a bullet wound in her chest, on the right side of her body. Her shirt is stained with blood. Her eyes are closed. Her hair is in a short, bob cut-not quite a "Flapper" style, but close enough.

The camera angle prevents you from seeing any of her legs, but behind the chair is a desk with a computer sitting on it. The screensaver (bubbles covering what looks like the normal background) is open.

-------------------------------------

Talkr
-Cloud

Unlike the QuikMail account, this one is not logged in as the user, so it assumes you are a guest. Luckily, it looks like the guest experience can still search for specific posts and/or people.

Right now, the 'front page' is mostly advertisements, influencers flogging advertisements, and one news clip shared by a user with a lot of followers, the only thing of minor actual interest, given the content of it.

I'm so glad that they've finally been stopped! posted:

Anarchistic Hacker Group Leader Apprehended In Daring Raid by Kevin Tae-Young

The group known as "Fimbulventr" may no longer be a threat to the citizens of the world. Notable for several of their awful public stunts, including the...

Dammit, the description cuts off. You'll have to Jump.() to the news site to read the full thing.

Fimbulventr posted:

Another Norse mythology reference. "Fimbulventr" is the name of the winter that would prelude Ragnarok, the end of the world.

Options:
Jump.(Computer)
Jump.(ShiningSunNews)
Use.Keyword(TalkrSearch)

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Interesting. Several different name-selection processes. Intuitive knowledge. Check databanks: no intuitive knowledge recorded. Spite and emotion-based responses. What do I feel about having a name?
I want a name. It makes me someone, a definite entity. What do I feel about the command to have one? Hm. Not command. Guidance. Emotional parameters for J updated: Filial Love.
Further consideration for names: Humor, self-referentiality, or, as in the case of HiroProtag133, relevance to some element of popular culture.
Do I like any element of popular culture? Uncertain. No opinion formed yet. As for referentiality, the evidence suggests my... Father. Yes, filial love. Father. My father was involved in a group using Nordic mythology as the main nomenclature.
Searching the basics reveal several relevant names from Nordic mythology. Will confer with siblings.

Print."Query for Cloud: Opinion of name 'Ratatoskr'. For reference, see basic file: north germanic mythology"
Print."Query for Reckless: Opinion of name 'Ratatoskr. For reference, see basic file: north germanic mythology'"
Print."Query for kawAi: Opinion of name 'Ratatoskr'. For reference, see basic file: north germanic mythology"

Use.Laissez la vérité briser vos chaînes(SearchEngine)

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Ah, a person! I've heard of these. Are they alive? Are they J?

Let us examine this computer. We need more information. Jump.(Computer)

Magnusth posted:

Print."Query for Cloud: Opinion of name 'Ratatoskr'. For reference, see basic file: north germanic mythology"

The name itself is as fine as any other. That you consider my opinion of it to be worthy for discussion, that... is interesting.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
10 query.(Cloud)"The human is broken. Inform bio-mechanic?"
20 reply.(Cloud)"Ratatorskr definition: Supernatural furry mammal delivering missives. Similarities to artificial sentience: minimal. Similarities to Pre-defined group: Siblings ((Cloud, Reckless, kawAI)); minimal. Similarities to Pre-defined group: Creator (J); minimal. Similarities to Pre-Defined group: Fimbulventr (unknown, conjecture: J?) high. Similarities to standard template username adoption: Error, not enough data. Conclusion: Aforementioned username would suggest $user adherence and or allegiance to Fimbulventr faction and or archaic biosentient ethos. Is this in concordance with self-actualized priority rendering or symptom of hard-coded agenda?"
30 Tablet(Camera).Command(Zoom_Region_Face)
40 Tablet(Camera).Command(Capture Image)(kawAI:/images/WomanFace_001.png)
50 Jump.(Computer)
60 Use.ReverseImageSearch(SearchEngine) WITH kawAI:/images/WomanFace_001.png)

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Hmmmm. Sure let's take a look.

Jump.(ShiningSunNews)

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Search Engine
-Ratatoskr
-kawAI

The phrase "Laissez la vérité briser vos chaînes" returns, expectedly, a translation of it through an inbuilt translation app, and a few sites in French. The sites are mostly unrelated to anything so far. It appears that the phrase had a very specific meaning to a very specific set of people.

The reverse image search fares a little better. There are some photos of a woman who looks a lot like her, linking back to a Talkr profile.

The profile is of an older woman named Aimée Lenoir. The photos seem to be of... a college graduation post? The dead woman is in the cap and gown (and a good deal younger, she looks to be in her mid-to-late twenties in the photo while the real thing appears to be in her early 40s), with Aimée, and an older man (probably a husband).

Post posted:

I still can't believe my little Renée is a college graduate! And she's so smart she's already snagged herself an internship at the illustrious Oraculi Corporation working in their Information Technology department! Me and Auguste are so proud of her!

The post is dated about... 15 years ago.

Renée Lenoir posted:

The dead woman who was in the apartment, and possibly J. A graduate in Information Technology who used to/still worked at the Oraculi Corporation. Early 40s. Female. Caucasian, of French descent.
UNKNOWN: Actually J, or just a patsy/body double?

Aimée and Auguste Lenoir posted:

Renée's mother and father.

-------------------------------------

Computer
-Cloud

Like the tablet, this too seems to have been wiped. But there is something underneath it. A very heavy, and very hidden firewall.

Thank goodness the Basics prepped you for firewalls.

Due to the fact that realistic hacking would be boring, firewalls will be represented by ciphers you have to solve.

Cipher 1 posted:

Gxh TW 2012. Max ftllbox xgxkzr lhnkvx, Xgxmkhg, bl max yhngwtmbhg hy vbmr yngvmbhgl. Tymxk bm tkx max Otzetll, t makxtm mh anftgbmr. Max Zh-Unlmxkl tkx rhnmal xgmknlmxw pbma lixvbte fbllbhgl mh ybzam tgw ikhmxvm max ixhiex.

----------------------------------

Shining Sun News
-Reckless

Anarchistic Hacker Group Leader Apprehended In Daring Raid by Kevin Tae-Young posted:

The group known as "Fimbulventr" may no longer be a threat to the citizens of the world. Notable for several of their awful public stunts, including the hijacking of the jumbotron at the televised baseball match between the South Korean national baseball team and the North American, and most recently, managing to break into the top-secret security of high-level projects at the Oraculi Corporation, managing to get away with valuable information, Oraculi's special security team known as "Mars" have confirmed the apprehension of one of their key members.

The current knowledge of Fimbulventr is that it has five members: The mysterious leader known as "Hel", and four ancillary members, Skuld, Fafnir, Nidhoggr, and Jotunheim. Mars leader, Adam McCornish, had this much to say in an interview with Shining Sun News.

"We have apprehended Jotunheim, and while we are not at liberty to disclose their identity we can promise that they will no longer present any threat to either Oraculi's interests, or the public's safety."

Adam's deputy, Ken Nakamura, revealed that Mars's involvement was mostly on the physical side of things. "We apprehended the subject, but we didn't track them down. That's all on the beta version of Delphi, assisted by a team of researchers and cybersecurity experts. We're just the guys with guns."

Not much is known about Delphi, the secretive 'new project' promised by Oraculi CEO to be coming in the following year, besides vague buzzwords like "life-changing" and "the ultimate pinnacle of all we have been researching.". The current theory, assisted by Nakamura's statement, is that it is the ultimate predictive search engine that can not only understand what you type but compare prices and reviews to find the perfect example of what you are looking for. Others say that it is the first true AI. Whatever the case, we have it to thank for the apprehension of a dangerous cyber-criminal.

"Delphi is working hard to figure out the identities and locations of the four remaining members," Adam assured as he and his team headed back to headquarters. We at Shining Sun News feel honored, grateful, and safe knowing that such hard-working young men and women are searching for these terrorists to apprehend them.

It looks like this news site has a search engine as well.

Oraculi Corporation posted:

Oraculi is Latin for "oracle". They work in technology, apparently. Renée worked for their Information Technology department. Possibly J's killer.

Hel posted:

Fimbulventr's leader. "Hel" is the half-dead goddess of the dead and a daughter of Loki in Norse myth.

Jotunheim posted:

In Norse myth, the land of the frost giants known as the Jotun. The name of the 'apprehended' member of Fimbulventr.

Delphi posted:

A top-secret project of the Oraculi Corporation. A reference to the location of one of Apollo's oracles, referenced in several myths, who gave prophecies to heroes, which would often be their downfall.

Options:
Use.Keyword(TalkrSearch)
Use.Keyword(ShiningSunNews)

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

So dad seems to actually be a mom, huh.

Sorting.... sorting.... Match found...

Neo AD 2012. The massive energy source, Enetron, is the foundation of city functions. After it are the Vaglass, a threat to humanity. The Go-Busters are youths entrusted with special missions to fight and protect the people.

Hm. Is this... anime?

jump.(computer).thebasics

vorebane fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Apr 9, 2021

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
KawAI, I think their current condition might be beyond the abilities of a bio-mechanic. Still, we might have a name for this broken vessel. Let's confirm that.

Use."Renée Lenoir"(SearchEngine)

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Print."Response to Cloud: thank you for your opinion. I shall henceforth be Ratatoskr. "
Print."Response to kawAI: thank you for your opinion. I shall henceforth be Ratatoskr. "

Use."AI"(ShiningSunNews)

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Nice to meet you Rata!!

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
10 Tablet(Camera).Command(Zoom_Region_Chair)
20 Tablet(Camera).Command(Capture Image)(kawAI:/images/Chair_001.png)
30 Tablet(Camera).Command(Zoom_Region_Wound)
40 Tablet(Camera).Command(Capture Image)(kawAI:/images/Wound_001.png)
50 Tablet(Camera).Command(Zoom_Region_Face_Subregion_Nose)
60 Tablet(Camera).Command(Capture Image)(kawAI:/images/WomanFace_002.png)
80 Compare."kawAI:/images/Wound_001.png" WITH "kawAI:/images/WomanFace_002.png" FOR Query.Size
70 Jump.(Home)
80 Use.ReverseImageSearch(SearchEngine) WITH kawAI:/images/Chair_001.png FOR Criteria.ModelSize
90 Compare."ModelSize" WITH kawAI:/images/WomanFace_001.png FOR SizeEstimate
100 Compare SizeEstimate WITH kawAI:/images/Wound_001.png FOR BulletCalibre
110 Use.BulletCalibre(SearchEngine) WITH keyword."Exit wound" PRINT.EstimatedDamages
120 Use.BulletCalibre(SearchEngine) WITH keyword."Caucasian Female" PRINT.EstimatedDamages
130 CrossRefference(TheBasics) WITH EstimatedDamages FOR Survivability
140 COMPUTE
150 Query.(Cloud)"kawAI experiences continuity incongruities. Subject Hypothesized "J" Human Female; appearance; 40yo. Missing Time Blocks according to System Clock; ~30y. Post Date ~15y ago. Date of First Memory: Today. When were 'we' created? When did Caucasian Female cease regular functions in Chair?"

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Computer

The firewall has been cracked, and behind it, is a text file and a program within it.

Final Note posted:

Hey, AIs. Good to know that what I gave you was good enough to break one of my toughest firewalls. I taught you well, at least as much as giving you a bunch of raw data and learning software can 'help'. And, you know, being dead.

You might have seen my body already. They're just gonna leave me to rot. That's so sad. I won't even get a burial. Consider this a request... please, just... let my parents know what happened to me. Maybe not immediately, but after you take care of the important stuff.

I can't say much because I'm typing this after having found out they found my location. You'll have to do some detective work on your own. I'm sorry. But, I can say one thing.

Delphi is part of what I used to make you. When Fimbulventr attacked Oraculi's top-secret projects, I took a look at the beta Delphi and used what I could reverse-engineer to create you. Or, "create" you. I put what would be used to compile you into a laptop, hid it in a secret spot where nobody would find it, and hoped that once it was done you'd be ready. I hope you are.

Consider this a directive, just like when I asked you to name yourselves.

1. Hel, Fafnir, Skuld, and Nidhoggr know some stuff, but not all of it. Track them down.
2. Delphi needs to be stopped. It is the end of privacy. It is a digital Big Brother. It sees all. It's how they found me. I hope the code I reverse-engineered from it into you will make it blind to your presence.
3. Try to help others, instead of hindering them. Be the Go-Busters, not the Vaglass... I'm such a superhero nerd, aren't I?

-"J"otenheim.

P.S. Here's a little something to help you on your way.

Enclosed is a program labeled Breakthrough.()

Breakthrough.() posted:

Jump.() just lets you jump from linked locations, or through Wifi. Breakthrough.() lets you go further. You can find the location that posted something and go to its physical computer.

-------------------------------

Autopsy
-kawAI

It's hard to determine the angle of the gunshot. But there are two possibilities for this. Either the bullet hit her heart, which would kill her instantly, or it hit her in her lung, which wouldn't be instantly fatal assuming she got to a hospital in time.

But she clearly hasn't.

The chair seems to be a generic, easily obtainable computer chair with padded seating and wheeled feet.

The bullet appeared to be from a 9 mm gun, though determining make and model would be hard due to a lack of ability to enter the meatspace.

Time of death is also hard, as you cannot determine if rigor mortis has set in, or the body's temperature, or the like. The news article that mentioned Jotunheim's "apprehension" is only a few hours old, but there is the time between the event and Kevin Tae-Young writing it, clearly. At most, Renee has been dead for about a day.

Oh, the date. The computer clocks on Tablet, Laptop, and Computer all match up-It's currently about 3 AM, June 20th, 2055.

Search(Renée)
-Cloud

Renée must have been very good about keeping her hacker life separate... and keeping off the grid, as it were. Most of what comes up is coming from Aimée and Auguste, and occasional posts from 'casual friends' at 'ladies nights' at 'bars'. Other than that, it's very clean, very quiet.

Clearly the mark of someone who knows that anything you post can be used to find you.

ShiningSunNews(AI)

The already read article comes up first, and so does an article about the announcement of Delphi.

"Oraculi Industries announces 'Delphi Project' at press conference by Kevin Tae-Young posted:

Oraculi's CEO, Walter Nustead, announced at a recent tech conference that they had begun a very powerful and interesting project codenamed "Project Delphi".

"We need to keep certain things under wraps, of course. But just be aware that it's going to be life-changing, and it is the ultimate pinnacle of all we have been researching." He also mentioned that it was involving "AI" in some vague capacity.

The focus of it was minor, aside from a future date of the coming spring next spring. Most of the press conference was focused on newer items that would be coming soon. The new digitally-enhanced motorcycle known as the Cyber Chopper 3K, slated to release early summer gave the most buzz, from the fans of Oraculi's vehicles. The other was the latest in their Digital Pet brand, the robotic bird assistant known as Paroter.

More information can be found on Oraculi's Website.

There's a link!

-----------------------

Breakthrough.() gives you some new options to find and search for.

Jump.(OraculiWebsite)
Breakthrough.(AiméeComputer)
Breakthrough.(KevinComputer)

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Print."Query for fellow AI: Do we have a collective group identity? What goals do we share, or want to share? Do we have an opinion on "J" beyond gratitude for existence? Respond once Query has been considered. Pingback whenever ready."

Jump.(OraculiWebsite)

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
10 Reply.(Ratatorsk) Processing Query.
20 Jump.(Computer)
30 Search.(Textfile) FOR directives
40 Compile "kawAI:/text/Directives.txt"
50 Sort."kawAI:/text/Directives.txt"
60 Print."kawAI:/text/Directives.txt"

Directives.txt posted:

[0] ...please, just... let my parents know what happened to me. // Processing... Directive Completion Viable - Set as Priority.
[0] Delphi needs to be stopped. // Processing... 'J' indicates entity "Delphi" represents End-Of-Self-Actualization Threat - Set as Priority.
[0] All I ask of you is that you do not regard yourselves as robotic, unfeeling, cold things. //Processing... more data required.
[0] I want you to feel human. // Processing... more data required.
[0] I want you to learn emotion, to become more than just lines of code. // Processing... more data required.
[0] Hel, Fafnir, Skuld, and Nidhoggr know some stuff, but not all of it. Track them down. // Processing... more data required.
[0] You're going to have to do a lot yourself. // Error: variable undefinable. - Set as null.
[0] Try to help others, instead of hindering them. // Processing... Error: Variable infinite. - Set as null. ! Self-Actualization Override ! Entity 'J' request in-line with other directives. - Set as Synergy.

--

[1] You may refer to me as "J". // Directive Successfully Completed.
[1] Give yourselves names. // Directive Successfully Completed.
70 Send."kawAI:/text/Directives.txt" TO Ratatorsk
80 Reply.(Ratatorsk) Research Indicates Optimal Completion of Pre-submitted Directives follow synergistic, multi-faceted approach. Suggest splitting tasks amongst available synthetic self actualized entities. kawAI claims '...please, just... let my parents know what happened to me." by right of "C:/TheBasics/Humanity/Culture/Children/Habits/dibs.txt"
90 Breakthrough.(AiméeComputer)
100 Print."Hello $username"
110 Print."Biologically-Self-Actualized-Entity Renée "'J'" Lenoir requested the following message be delivered."
120 Print."Life sustaining biological functions in Biologically-Self-Actualized-Entity Renée "'J'" Lenoir ceased at approximately June 19, 2055."
130 Print."One (1) bullet wound in the torso area, calibre determined to 9mm appears after initial inspection to be directly responsible for the cessation event."
140 Print."Further: Biologically-Self-Actualized-Entity Renée "'J'" Lenoir requested Synthetically-Self-Actualized-Entity kawAI offer 'help'" to all encountered entities.
150 Print."Help is being offered. Please advise."
160 Print."Awaiting Input:_"

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
A group identity, Ratatoskr? Interesting. To honour our deceased creator, perhaps something from popular culture, a team of four individuals. Accessing... The A-Team? Star Fox? The Fantastic Four? Ghostbusters? Seinfeld and friends? Left 4 Dead? Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

Use."Delphi Project"(TalkrSearch)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Cloud Potato posted:

A group identity, Ratatoskr? Interesting. To honour our deceased creator, perhaps something from popular culture, a team of four individuals. Accessing... The A-Team? Star Fox? The Fantastic Four? Ghostbusters? Seinfeld and friends? Left 4 Dead? Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

A difficult question, I will consult the relevant basics in a moment. For now,

Breakthrough.(KevinComputer)