Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yay I'm here to watch Dyna.... oh it's Mike Tyson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dr. Britt Baker D.M.D makes interesting points re: #1 contendership status. By which I mean, she says she should be the #1 contender.

karmicknight posted:

show has been pretty good J-Ru.

An episode of AEW Dynamite is good? I am shocked!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jonny Nox posted:

He's a good manager, covering for Anna as Tay's best friend.

Tangential, I love how the new thing on BTE is gaslighting Stu that Tay has just always been hanging out just outside of frame next to where Anna would usually sit.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hell yeah, loving drilled her on that DDTay (which rhymes with Yet-tay!)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MorningMoon posted:

Shida: that's rad!

Ahahaha, perfection.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"Get your hand off my back, Don Callis :mad:"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

hooman posted:

Don Callis please get your hand off my back.

He's trying to intimidate Moxley by reminding him that cupping devotee and Murder Grandpa Yuji Nagata is coming for his US Title.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

One break: Weight Watchers
Next break: DOORDASH GET ALL THIS DECADANT FOOD DELIVERED

Oh right, non Fite watchers get ads on Dynamite. The idea of ads on Dynamite is so loving weird to me.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"No one does it better.... but I think he did it better before...."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MJeff posted:

Hey, JR just called a white guy "very athletic"

Yes but does he have all the tools?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The sell on that DDT :kiss:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Goddammit Matt Jackson.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I won't superkick you but a piledriver? Sure why not!?!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

YOUG BUCKS YOU ARE STUPIDHEADS!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Do the Young Bucks know what a wrestling match is? :argh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This is really a loving mess of a storyline re: The Bucks. Everything else makes sense but the Bucks side of things is leaving me pretty cold unfortunately.

At least the matches between the Bucks and Eddie/Mox should be loving great.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

hooman posted:

I'm going to buck thread opinion and say that ruled. With the inner Circle going Face, of course bucks were going heel so they can drop the titles to PnP.

I got no issue with them being heels, I just think the story of them being reluctant to hurt Kenny was just kind of dumbly executed. Matt Jackson was acting like it was an utterly bewildering concept to him that he had to wrestle his opponent in the ring, including doing moves on him that he'd done with absolutely zero problem in the past.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'll say this though, at no point did Matt Jackson pause and look at his own hands in horror at what he had become, so it's got that going for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

flatluigi posted:

there was a REAL good promo last week with don callis up in matt's face about letting kenny down and how it's a disgrace to see matt like this, being so lovely to his friend who gave up so much for him. i'd absolutely go back and watch that promo; it was a lot more cutting than you'd think callis was able to pull off and to me it's clearly what the dude had on his mind this match

I saw that promo, didn't really work for me either but I think that's more down to I just really don't buy into Matt Jackson trying to emote as conflicted. He (and Nick's) strength lies in being a cocky rear end in a top hat who is hyper-confident and often fairly aggravating whether as a face or a heel, so while it's laudable that the was trying something different it really didn't work for me. It's done now at least and the matches are gonna be real loving good because the Bucks are one of the best goddamn tag teams in the world.

Just as a counter, Moxley is just superb at body language stuff and has executed,"I am conflicted about kicking my friend's rear end but I'm gonna loving do it goddammit" so much better both in AEW and even in WWE when the now deceased Dean Ambrose was infuriated that he was allowing himself to even consider becoming partners/friends with Seth Rollins again after his Top Ten anime betrayal.