Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
GODZILLA VS KONG MATCH 8 7.41%
TAY VS BUNNY MATCH 52 48.15%
DARBY VS DRAKE MATCH 28 25.93%
MOX AND BUCKS VS BULLET CLUB MATCH 13 12.04%
HANGMAN VS MAX MATCH 7 6.48%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I love Statlander's new shirt. :swoon:

https://www.shopaew.com/kris-statlander-autopsy.html

Oh Snapple! posted:

this felt like the worst kind of episode to put up against a basically free PPV if your intention was to out-do them

They purposely held back so that NXT could have a feel good win before leaving Wednesday nights. Good Guy Tony Khan, givin' the folks up north something to make 'em happy as the war draws to a close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Unless he like, has shown massive, and I mean loving MASSIVE improvement, I don't want Big Cass anywhere near AEW.

Between his friendship with Enzo, his incident with directly disobeying Vince, and the fact that Daniel goddamn Bryan couldn't get a good match out of him, he's the last thing AEW needs right now, especially with their roster already being as packed as it is.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Kunabomber posted:

I can think of another big bellied wrestler, that don't look like an atha-lete that was a hero to the working class, daddy

Yeah, Otis was pretty awesome before Vince decided to take away his best friend, his girlfriend, and his briefcase all at once.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

DeathChicken posted:

Bleeding hell the kid's dad died a few months ago, if they want to give him a David Arquette joke title reign I'm not going to complain about it

It's not even like he's doing anything major. He's not leading the Dark Order or anything, he just comes out with them sometimes and acts funny in the background, and for some reason he gets to be Tay's manager. It's not like he's giving them actual orders or cutting big tv promos.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

When I checked on peacock as Dynamite was ending it said it started 4 hours previously. So if it's not 4 hours long, that's on Peacock.

It's probably counting the preshow too.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

They don't need to cut anyone right now. There's maybe five or six people you could trim, but past that I think they're fine.

When the pandemic finally dies down, I would assume that Khan will give giving less Dark and Elevation time to so many indie folks, and we'll see more of the signed talent on those shows + the second TNT show too. He's storing talent for the future right now, and I can't fault him for that.

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I guess if you held a gun to my head and told me to cut 20 wrestlers I’d cut:

- Colt
- Preston Vance (sorry -1!)
- Cutler
- Nakazawa
- Kazarian
- Daniels
- Dr Luther (sorry MRT!)
- Serpentico
- Janela
- Sonny Kiss
- Marko Stunt
- Leva Bates

You have made a powerful enemy this day, friend.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

AEW has played nice with the indies and it's been to its benefit.

Kind of funny how that works, huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It feels like AEW have stopped caring about the impact end of that stuff tbh and good brothers/ callis are just merging into AEW. GB don’t have the tag titles any more and I don’t think the fact that Kenny was on Impact on Thursday was mentioned once on Dynamite this week.

It definitely was not.