Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
GODZILLA VS KONG MATCH 8 7.41%
TAY VS BUNNY MATCH 52 48.15%
DARBY VS DRAKE MATCH 28 25.93%
MOX AND BUCKS VS BULLET CLUB MATCH 13 12.04%
HANGMAN VS MAX MATCH 7 6.48%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Bullet Club rules, haters vacate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

yea ok posted:

I thought this was the weakest ep in a while. No blow away matches, way too many insider references and a main event storyline I'm not in love with. Still a fun way to spend 2 hours though

What insider references were there?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lethrom posted:

(quote from the other thread)

I know about the slap and Matt/Callis' one on one. I'm just wondering why they're focusing so hard on Matt's feelings here and not Nick's. Is there some reason why Matt and Kenny are closer than Nick/Kenny? My first experience with the bucks is exclusively through AEW so idk if there's some backstory from NJPW that I'm missing.

Nick is a natural heel and knows it. But he loves and will stick with his brother no matter what. Matt is more conflicted.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Coaaab posted:

I'm definitely expecting less arguments about the rating itt this week, though next week should be extremely interesting in that regard

The war is over, there is no need to post about ratings ever again after this week.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

When they get the second show I feel like that's going to alleviate the feeling of bloat had by people who currently choose not to watch over 50% of AEWs weekly content, as long as they choose not to skip it like they already do the YouTube shows. Cause not counting them is the only way it feels bloated even now, and that's a you problem, not an AEW problem.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'm gonna be real: I don't think any of AEWs title reigns have been particularly special. It may just take some distance between when they happened and looking back, but like... None of them have had anything that's really stood out as "this couldn't have happened without a title" involved. Or had a long enough chase for the belt. Both Mox and Kenny won the belt on their first attempt. It's one of the reasons I'd be okay with Hangman going for it and whiffing it. When he wins the belt that will be a moment, cause it's been building for so long. But right now there just hasn't been that for me yet.

I also don't really think it matters though, as belts are just props 9 times out of 10 wherever you go (or just 10 times out of 10 with WWE at this point) and the rest of the product is still good regardless.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The good brothers rule and I hope they never leave.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Bullet Club rules, but the belts either need to come off the Bucks or they need to actually defend them.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

No this time it really was Don Callis and plans didn't change cause they fired him. Or his goons at least.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I almost watched NXT then saw how long just the first episode was and went "fuckin nope."

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Pylons posted:

"Takeover had better matches than a weekly Dynamite" is not exactly a shock.

It would be for me. I'll take a series of matches the vary in style, even if they aren't all great, than the one single match everyone has at NXT every show any day of the week.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Exactly the same length as dynamite???

When I checked on peacock as Dynamite was ending it said it started 4 hours previously. So if it's not 4 hours long, that's on Peacock.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Vandar posted:

It's not even like he's doing anything major. He's not leading the Dark Order or anything, he just comes out with them sometimes and acts funny in the background, and for some reason he gets to be Tay's manager. It's not like he's giving them actual orders or cutting big tv promos.

That one promo he cut against Luther was great, though.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

It’s a two hour show

Well that's much more reasonable, but it's too late now. The mood has passed.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I know the roster is huge but it’s not like there’s a ton of fat to trim. Guys like Daniels, Jericho, Dustin and Christian all seem to be in their last runs, guys like Cutler and Nakazawa have other roles but ultimately harmless to have on the roster as job guys. The tag division is a little crowded but there’s not really any teams I would cut either.

I guess if you held a gun to my head and told me to cut 20 wrestlers I’d cut:

- Hager
- Spears
- Colt
- Preston Vance (sorry -1!)
- cutler
- Nakazawa
- Christian
- Kazarian
- Daniels
- Dr Luther (sorry MRT!)
- Shanna
- Mel
- Serpentico
- Janela
- Sonny Kiss
- Marko stunt
- Matt Sydal
- Mile Sydal
- Leva Bates
- Ethan Page

This is the list of a crazy person.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The bucks are really good, and why does everyone keep saying this was an invasion angle? It was never an Invasion angle. That's more WWE brain poisoning. It's not an invasion angle when ROH guys show up on NJPW either.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

brian posted:

i will never ever believe that

Then that's a you problem because Tony Khan has been on record dozens of times saying he is the booking "team," and the buck stops with him. So if you're starting from a position of "fake news" despite all the evidence to the contrary, you might just be a weirdo about the bucks.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

You can just not like the Bucks without having to make up a whole headcanon about them. The worst that will happen is I will reply to you saying "Bucks rule, haters vacate," and that's not so bad. Some have even been known to enjoy it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I Before E posted:

despite what you may think, the jackson brothers are not in fact in charge of the city of jacksonville, it's simply a coincidence

They bought the city with their t-shirt fortune.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

brian posted:

i genuinely believe the jacksonville brother mayor team genuinely make the wrestling around them worse, this is not an uncommon opinion it's just not very common in this thread

It's really common among a certain cult that we can't talk about outside of it's one thread, yes. By loving weirdos. Even your weird thing you're doing with their names here reminds me of that old southern shithead.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Jordan7hm posted:

I hope so. Who should they add? Trying to think of people who would do well as tweeners... Abadon is an interesting one. Thunder Rosa would be my pick though. Rosa against Stat would loving rule. Deeb could work too.

Diamante.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

I think the only thing that would actually make me a bit upset right now is if the Buck's retain. We don't need tag and world title to be tied up in this. Give the division it's own story while the Bucks help Kenny.

Them losing takes us a step backwards. The entire thing Don and Kenny were doing was to get the bucks their killer instinct back. If they do that then lose a week later, we revert back to where we were before the heel turn.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

PAC and Fenix lose, SCU challenge next and get retired, Best Friends finally take the belts off them, go into immediate program with death triangle.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

smarxist posted:

is Kenny winning the IMPACT title in a few weeks? Do you think winning Big Plat, IMPACT, and holding the AAA title is enough to put a bow on the belt hunter thing?

I think he needs at least one more he can actually wear and say the name of on TV, because he can't with the AAA belt currently, it would seem.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I would cut -1. Call him into the office, tell him to get his poo poo out of his locker, and send him packing.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Lmao two “okayish” episodes in a row (I’m being generous here because the last episode ruled imo but a lot of people complained about it) have a lot of people losing their minds. Go for 3 in a row Tone

I hope the next episode is a special 2 hour sneak peek at the Cody reality show.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rarity posted:

The Young Bucks are killing this promotion like they're killing the business and you can tell because of all their poorly received matches with Lucha Bros/PnP/FTR/Butcher and Blade/Private Party/Top Flight/Hybrid 2/The Acclaimed/Jurassic Express/Cowboy Bebop and I could keep going they've just had so many duds

They get zero crowd reaction too. People just don't care about the old bucks.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Malcolm Excellent posted:

They should do Swoletron during the next ppv cinematic match.

I'll let the posters decide what Swoletron is

It's like Mecha Shiva but with kilynn and red velvet attaching to swoles arms.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'm sure there's some kind of thing where Callis is getting paid for his appearances, but I doubt it's any kind of long term contract at this point. It might be though, how would I know.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

jr already spoiled Kenny winning the WWE belt tonight, he's a massive liability to kayfabe

You're gonna look foolish to doubt JR when Kenny and Don, dressed like a ref, run down after the main event of mania, hit the champ with a one Winged Angel, get the pinfall, and then run back to AEW with the big ugly logo belt.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Put Abadon into the Acclaimed but don't change her gimmick at all. Or theirs. Castor raps, Bowens as the hype man, Abadon stands there and looks scary.

You know, if Death Triangle need someone to counter Statlander, bringing in a zombie weirdo to counter the alien weirdo would be fun.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

My guess is the house show might be used to test either time slots for the second hour, or as an HBO Max special. I bet we don't get the full thing for like, at least a month though. This is all based off nothing but gut feelings and is probably wrong.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Wazzu posted:

I thought part of the build was saying the show wouldn't be broadcast in any way?

Fans with mobiles changes things, but nevertheless.

They had a full production staff and commentary team. If they weren't planning on releasing it I'm not sure why they would bother with commentary. Production I can see the argument of wanting it for historical purposes but the commentary is what pushes it over the edge for me.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

History Comes Inside! posted:

Who was on commentary? It could just as easily have been a “here’s an opportunity to get some reps in live but without worrying about a broadcast” if it wasn’t the usual dynamite desk.

Schiavone and Kingston. So not guys that need the practice.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Mr. Squishy posted:

And my guess for Team Taz is that Christian will say no, and Ricky's reactions to it will be the final straw for old man respecter, Brian Cage. And yeah, hopefully it happens quickly.

I think you're right, but Christian just joining and going full heel would be really funny.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rarity posted:

Excited for the house show to come out as a Quibi series

Too soon. RIP Quibi :cry:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rarity posted:

PAC glares at muscles until they heal up for him

"Get better so I can fookin hurt ya again."

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

It was mainly to give their guys a payday on mania weekend while keeping them in the aew bubble and not doing a bunch of house shows. But then Mox showed up at one anyway so maybe not.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

1. Sonic 1
2. Sonic 2
3. Sonic CD
4. Sonic 3 & Knuckles
5. Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis version)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Procrastinator posted:

i have a ps5, but have not unboxed it yet (please do not ask)

should i send it to scorpio sky

Might as well, it's not very good, and maybe it will get him to turn back to being a face because of your heartwarming generosity.