Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
GODZILLA VS KONG MATCH 8 7.41%
TAY VS BUNNY MATCH 52 48.15%
DARBY VS DRAKE MATCH 28 25.93%
MOX AND BUCKS VS BULLET CLUB MATCH 13 12.04%
HANGMAN VS MAX MATCH 7 6.48%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Episode was very ok. I hope and think the best friends were foreshadowing that death triangle is beating the bucks. Best Friends and Death Triangle would look goofy if that became the feud right after Death Triangle lost. In that case the Best Friends would just go for the titles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

So maybe Mox/Eddie cost the Bucks the match next week so the belts don't get tied up in their feud?

Well now I'm excited for Death Pentagon vs. The Bullet Club, a thing I made up in my mind.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Clean, no Enzo, and a lot of training he could be fine. He's not without talent but I don't think he has much going for him besides height.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I hope Tony uses the second show to hire another 60 people

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think the only thing that would actually make me a bit upset right now is if the Buck's retain. We don't need tag and world title to be tied up in this. Give the division it's own story while the Bucks help Kenny.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Pylons posted:

I would anticipate the Bucks retaining because it's DT, not the Lucha Bros.

Than I'll anticipate a mild upsetness that probably quickly goes away because the match will be good.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Vince MechMahon posted:

I would cut -1. Call him into the office, tell him to get his poo poo out of his locker, and send him packing.

"Listen kid, we've had you here for a fiscal quarter and numbers didn't bump up. You're bad for the books. Clean out your locker, I'll call your mom"

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Christian makes me think of money plane everytime I see him even though it was edge who was in the movie

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Akileese posted:

None of this shocks me. My wife enjoys AEW and watches every week, but the thing she really loves is the spectacle of death match wrestling and anything like it. Was there actually a narrative that women were tuning out because of violence? Because if so that reeks of concern trolling.

Meltzer has an ex he texts

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

This thread had an opportunity to talk about Nick Gage instead of the normal stuff and really wasted it.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Gage was supposedly getting the Sydal spot before he got hurt.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

don't know who that is

We need to start gatekeeping and only let real fans in. Shameful.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

the guy from National Treasure??

Yes! Exactly! Thanks for doing some googling. That guys a death match legend and is going to gently caress up Mox.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

But yeah, we're going to see Gage in AEW. Supposedly he was going to be in the Joker spot that Sydal ended up in and Tony very obviously thinks Moxley is one of the best in the world and gives him what he wants. We're going to see Gage in AEW.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

Here's the strongest possible opinion I can conjure up about Nick Gage.

He should see an orthodontist.

Yeah dude, Britt's another death match legend now. That would be a great match.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

karmicknight posted:

I refuse to believe in this until the literal exact moment it happens.

Also, let's talk about Takeshita some more.

Yeah, like imagine him and Nick Gage fighting as AEW wrestlers with contacts

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

1. Nick Gage in AEW
2. Nick Gage in AEW
3. Nick Gage in AEW
4. Nick Gage in AEW
5. Nick Gage in the AEW video game

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

It's fine to hate Jericho for being a dumb, obnoxious chud but his ability to successfully re-invent his character is second to almost none in wrestling. So I get where he's coming from where he's praising himself as *a* reason that AEW took off, but I think the biggest bulk of the original AEW fans were already fans of the Elite and Jericho just happened to be around.

I think AEW fails without both halfs. The Elite brought in the existing indie fan base while Jericho provided something for the lapsed fans who were looking for "WWE but good". He's definitely not the single reason AEW succeeded but that early success was really helped by Jericho. The dude is a piece of poo poo but he's good at wrestling.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Lamuella posted:

One of the crucial differences, I think, between WWE's creative and that of AEW (or for that matter that of a lot of companies) is this: in AEW or new Japan or wherever else you might have a gimmick where the point is for the audience to laugh at a character. Sammy running from golf carts, people taking unflattering screenshots of Ryan Nemeth, that sort of thing. It's perfectly fine for the audience to laugh at a heel. What happens in WWE though is that you get gimmicks where the point is for management to laugh at a character. And they do this over and over and over and it's just dumb and cruel and makes everyone involved look like crap.

Yeah, it's the difference between playing a character and management trying to humiliate the actor

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm not that into face Jericho but I honestly just don't like his promos. He's a good promo but I'm just so sick of the very long talking segment where the inner circle stand in the ring and mug.

Jericho's good but he's the most WWE thing in AEW and I just hate that style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Pylons posted:

Wonder who this could be talking about!

When keeping it real goes wrong