Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
GODZILLA VS KONG MATCH 8 7.41%
TAY VS BUNNY MATCH 52 48.15%
DARBY VS DRAKE MATCH 28 25.93%
MOX AND BUCKS VS BULLET CLUB MATCH 13 12.04%
HANGMAN VS MAX MATCH 7 6.48%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
The Bucks also had a (hilariously fun) 3 months where they were just superkicking everyone in AEW and throwing money in their face and I wish they'd just go back to that instead of being the Anxious Anchor in whatever plot they're involved with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Power Windows posted:

I am glad that the Elite/Bullet Club drama is contained into its own storyline instead of dominating the entire show like the nWo did in for a while.

god it was so bad right after it crested, it'd be like hour 3 of Nitro and they'd be like "now Lex Luger and Konnan are gonna cut a promo for 12 minutes about why the nWo is going to beat Ice Train & Hugh Morrus"

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Tay Conti should beat Shida
Lance Archer should beat Darby

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

xbilkis posted:

After the PnP match, I am not going to get tricked into thinking the Young Bucks are going to drop their belts that are wasted on the storyline they're involved in

*lugging my big gold props to another non-title main event dynamite match with my buddy, The World Champion*

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

MorningMoon posted:

they killed Cutler

you bastards! :mad:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Crapple! posted:

Doesn't Death Triangle owe the Good Brothers an rear end beating for taking out Penta that one time? What ever came of that?

i'm sure to hear PAC tell it DT owes everyone in AEW rear end beatings

smarxist fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Apr 8, 2021

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
the IC snapping back this tight is not what I expected from that angle even though it makes sense

i just want more Sammy matches on my dang TV, is that so much to ask?!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lamuella posted:

Post-match the Bucks murder Mox. Matt looks conflicted and corrupted, Nick looks like he's down for anything.

lol yeah Nick is very much just kinda "down" with whatever is going on. and as soon as Matt decides he's like "ok" *recalibrates target from Kenny to Mox, update Kenny from Enemy to Friend, beep*

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Lance gonna decide that he needs to correct the wrong that got done to him when Cody won the TNT title and beat Darby's face in

edit: have him beat Cody's rear end too, imo

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

MorningMoon posted:

This is gonna be the worst thursday-sunday

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
after the revolution, my job will be the character screen minutes minder for television programs

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i don't mind -1 being around, like seconding Tay or being on Ten's shoulders for an entrance, but yeah if there's going to be a rumble or something keep him in the back

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
is this all because the main event of the card is a bit of a shambles? because i can agree with that, but does that bleed chaos onto the product? everything else honestly feels more or less fine, as long as things progress in at least a BIT of an interesting way (i'd like to see women's and men's tag title changes, but that's about it)

90% of the cast is still great fun to watch in whatever they're doing, and even the most average matches have at least a few good spots you remember, while the top end is hitting it out of the park

pivoting into a weird invasion angle that's stalling/sputtering with your third ever world champion was a bit of a gamble and i wish they'd either pull the trigger on a meaningful outside AEW win/title, or just cut their losses

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
wait is Jacksonville like Dudleyville?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
is Kenny winning the IMPACT title in a few weeks? Do you think winning Big Plat, IMPACT, and holding the AAA title is enough to put a bow on the belt hunter thing?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i'm still enjoying the heck out of AEW and i'mma keep watching it on Monday, Tuesday, and especially Wednesday's, the day where we LIGHT DA FUSE BABEY

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i hope Tyson beats up Shaun Spears every week in lieu of Tony interviewing Sting

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
The Last Call was such an awesome tag finisher

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

explosivo posted:

Can we talk about Darby flinging himself outside of the ring like a goddamn bullet? I know he does that dive to the outside a lot but he slammed into JD so hard last night. Looked loving awesome.

he also sold JD's rope toss/clobbering punch spot the best of anyone

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
yeah I'm happy to see TH2 in whatever they're up to, they lose a lot, but wins against them still feel meaningful as stepping stones to the upper card, they're probably playing their position in the hierarchy perfectly

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
didn't someone do an edit of the itchy and scratchy guy hollering at the kids in the Simpsons except it was this thread and aew stuff or did i imagine it because man today is the day to post it

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

HidaO-Win posted:

There was that story about AJ having the calf crusher on Tanahashi and he was just not breaking out of it and AJ was starting to worry that it was getting too drawn out, but Tana was watching the crowd and they were only getting more into it.

So Bucks need to be better in tune with TV presentation I guess.

i think the live crowd will pretty much always pull the TV crowd into their wake. a lot of any of the wonkiness in AEW's product and some of the minor hiccups and stumbles can pretty easily be attributed to a lack of crowd whenever there's not an obvious reason

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

JUNGLE BOY posted:

There will be a few people in the audience. The bank. To foreclose on Daily’s Place.

Team Taz gonna have to go wallpaper some rich guy's parlor to make enough dough to buy back the deed. There may be some slapstick hijinks

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
the waterfall pyro was sick

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
she's decent in the ring and has a rad finisher, and is still pretty green with years and years ahead of her

she's only got 2 years pro experience i believe

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

enigmahfc posted:

I like Abadon and I like Christian.

I like wrestling.

:mods:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
as much as i love Swole, she's just "ok" in the ring

i'm really hoping we get a surprise Tay Conti reign before Britt

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
wait there's a show tonight and we can't watch it? what kinda bullshit is this :mad:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Endless Mike posted:

Britt is 1-0 against Rosa, it would be a rematch, not a rubber match, and my role model owes her nothing. :rolleyes:

good to just realize The Doctah put Rosa in her place already and can move on to more interesting business, like stomping out a bunch of dreams on Dark/Elevation until she gets the title shot she DESERVES

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywSyg4wv44M

this is worth watching if only for the Dustin wholesomeness on the second half

Dustin seems like he might be one of, if not the biggest factor in AEW's culture success, he's so sweet and humble and just loves being able to give of himself for the young people he's working with, it's so sweet :3:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i guess we have to wait and see what they do with Kenny vs Swann to see how the IMPACT angle is going to end up, even though it has mostly felt like a dud, AEW has a tendency to bring poo poo home in a big way, so yeah.

the only other interesting thing aside from the 2 Tonys promos were Private Party getting a title match and having IMPACT be part of their heel turn w/ Big Money Matt. i haven't tuned in to a minute of IMPACT TV aside from highlights of AEW dude matches and Kenny stuff. the only thing I know about IMPACT is that i want Willie Mack in AEW :shrug:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
wow, Doc Sampson in the pockets of Big Osteopathy, hate to see it

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
what are y'alls top 5 anyway?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
TK gonna have a ton of house shows ready to drop on YouTube and just release one whenever the fans get crabby, but jokes on him because it'll just teach us to be crabby more :crab:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I think it's just a matter of time honestly. Two years from now Britt Baker will be a giant star and probably have a lot of mainstream appeal for a ton of reasons (great look, great story, great talk skills, awesome matches)

Who even knows what the upper ceiling is for someone like Ricky Starks

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
man knew how to wear a hat

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I can't wait to see Ogogo, I got high hopes

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I'd love to see Ogogo be a pure striker.

RYZIN tries a headlock and just gets punched in the ribs really hard and falls over.

there could be something interesting there, if he keeps his boxing footwork/stance and throws a lot of punches, but i dunno how it'd blend with a pro wrestling style

maybe as a signature spot he could drop into a boxing stance and throw a big flurry and use it to set up a big move or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i hope it's just some rad zelda themed tights, the singlet is meh, also the crown. he doesn't need a noble gimmick, Baron Black is still just a cool name