Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
GODZILLA VS KONG MATCH 8 7.41%
TAY VS BUNNY MATCH 52 48.15%
DARBY VS DRAKE MATCH 28 25.93%
MOX AND BUCKS VS BULLET CLUB MATCH 13 12.04%
HANGMAN VS MAX MATCH 7 6.48%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

That was a bad episode. The bullet club drama is really grating and has gone on forever. All this time spent on whether or not they are going to side with Kenny and they can't squeeze in a moment to build to the title match against Pac and Fenix. And when they eventually do circle back around to that match, they announce it for the following week and when they try to interview Pac to at least get a single promo in before it happens, before he can say one word they get interrupted by the Best Friends who have an awkward exchange with them just to remind everybody they got the poo poo kicked out of them a year ago and now Statlander is hanging out with them. This is awful

Thank god for the Darby/Drake and the Conti/Bunny matches which were both really good. Aside from that and the Inner Circle segments I don't think there was anything else I liked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

xbilkis posted:

After the PnP match, I am not going to get tricked into thinking the Young Bucks are going to drop their belts that are wasted on the storyline they're involved in

Was about to make this exact post. There were about a thousand reasons why PnP winning there would have been the best move and they didn't do it. Moxley and Eddie costing the Bucks next week is also the best move, it's just a shame the match feels like an afterthought

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Pylons posted:

It wouldn't really make any sense for Santana and Ortiz to have won there knowing the direction they're going with the story now.

If that's why they didn't go through with it, then sure. Maybe DT could win next week. I won't make the mistake of getting my hopes up though. I'd like to think they'd let Pac/DT cut the promo about the match if they were going to win instead of having 3 guys with wet blanket energy come out to show footage of themselves getting beaten up. It really was an all time worst segment (for AEWs standards mind you)

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Doesn't Death Triangle owe the Good Brothers an rear end beating for taking out Penta that one time? What ever came of that?

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

blunt posted:

I get that always being the underdog is Darby's thing, but the TNT champion doesn't need to be having 15 minute competitive matches with some rando from Dark.

Sir! That's JD Drake you're talking about!

For real though JD is actually awesome and it was nice to see him get that match. They probably do need to change up the formula of Darby matches though. He's actually a pretty great submission wrestler when he wants to be but most of his matches now are just him getting beaten the hell up for 95% of the match and then clutching at the very end

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

tao of lmao posted:

I think I would have preferred a more definitive heel turn for the bucks.

This had better be definitive. The Bucks trying to walk this one back would be absolutely ridiculous

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

MorningMoon posted:

This is gonna be the worst thursday-sunday

And well deserved too

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Lamuella posted:

As a very small example of this: Tay vs Bunny should have immediately followed Drake vs Allin. You had the HFO confront Allin on the stage, you have Bunny get separated and stand alone, then you had Tay attack her. The next logical step is for Tay to roll her into the ring and start the match.

Instead we had an Inner Circle interview segment that turned into a beatdown, followed by a Britt Baker interview segment. By this point all the energy from the earlier attack has burned off and you have to start cold again.

Yeah this is another great point to throw on the heap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Tony Shiavone once said in one of those post-shows something to the effect that they paid a lot of money for Sting so they want to get a lot of use out of him. I don't know if it was just some offhand remark or if that's actually the mentality from the higher-ups but I sure hope it's not the latter because these constant redundant interview segments are going to have the exact opposite effect to what they intend