Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
GODZILLA VS KONG MATCH 8 7.41%
TAY VS BUNNY MATCH 52 48.15%
DARBY VS DRAKE MATCH 28 25.93%
MOX AND BUCKS VS BULLET CLUB MATCH 13 12.04%
HANGMAN VS MAX MATCH 7 6.48%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

i stopped watching dynamite probably like 5 or 6 months into it being on the air and lost interest in AEW outside of matches involving specific talent I was already a fan of prior to their signing, I now pretty much watch it when it becomes a destination for good wrestlers to end up on TV but I have very little faith in them being involved in any form of well told angle that lasts beyond a match or two. I think there's a lot of reasons for this, from mediocre to bad match production (e.g. camera work and shot choice etc), the lack of PPVs punctuating storylines, the way both the women's division was treated and up until recently the lack of top level female talent, but mostly it's just that the young bucks are really bad at everything I think makes wrestling good and involve themselves in everything at all times and bring out the worst elements of Kenny too. I want to watch and enjoy the show, it's got so many wrestlers I think are absolutely fantastic and the future of wrestling, but there's no reason to watch it on a weekly basis when I generally only have time for one or two wrestling watching nights a week and DDT exists and is consistently great. A company that has a top end of Mox/PAC/Jericho/Omega and rising stars like MJF/Jungle Boy (please for the love of god push him as a singles guy asap)/Darby/Sammy as well as some of the funniest people in wrestling should be something i'm consistently interested in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brian
Sep 11, 2001

you literally just need to cut two people and everything will get better quickly and their name heavily features in the location where they do all their events these days

edit: they also are two people who you do not need to worry about the finances of

brian fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Apr 8, 2021

brian
Sep 11, 2001

Lamuella posted:

Wait, Flo Rida was employed by AEW?

yes and it's literally Killing the Business

brian
Sep 11, 2001

the problem with the dailysplace/flo rida/mishima brother team is not that they dominate the time available but that they dominate the time available with an approach to wrestling that basically consists of emotionally empty spotfests where two scrawny small guys with awful hair and tassles call themselves the best to ever walk the earth and when they're the ones in charge of booking it makes all the stuff below them or tangentially attached to them feel hollow and cynical. this approach is then emulated by certain other teams and individuals because of the apparent success but it turns out it just renders everything into feeling like you have to give it the benefit of the doubt to enjoy it, rather than just enjoying it

imo the power dynamic of having active wrestlers as bookers and keeping them on the top cannot resolve itself well and they could all learn to take a page out of Takagi's book and only do matches where there's anal explosions, blood transfusions or broadcasting their literal phone number on television

brian
Sep 11, 2001

Pylons posted:

They're not in charge of the booking

i will never ever believe that

brian
Sep 11, 2001

you see how if it looks and feels like it's the case and it relies on interviews with the owner to dispel it's not exactly the fantastic refutation you think it is and i'm very clearly not the only one with this problem with the promotion

brian
Sep 11, 2001

i genuinely believe the jacksonville brother mayor team genuinely make the wrestling around them worse, this is not an uncommon opinion it's just not very common in this thread

brian
Sep 11, 2001

look i didn't insult any of you i just gave my opinion on two wrestlers and a promotion maybe you don't need to be this aggressive and bullying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brian
Sep 11, 2001

ok well have fun with this whole thing i guess???