Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
GODZILLA VS KONG MATCH 8 7.41%
TAY VS BUNNY MATCH 52 48.15%
DARBY VS DRAKE MATCH 28 25.93%
MOX AND BUCKS VS BULLET CLUB MATCH 13 12.04%
HANGMAN VS MAX MATCH 7 6.48%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Death Triangle aren’t going to win the belts because the finals of the trios tournament is going to be Death Triangle vs Best Friends. That said, get the tag belts over to Jurassic Express or Butcher & the Blade or a Dark Order team or even SCU and get the belts away from the world title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

ICR posted:

Tonight was the turning point for AEW friends. Y’all seen that booking. Meltzer called it out. He said AEW going down that dark path. Friends...

You ain’t seen nothing yet:

https://wrestletalk.com/news/reports-aew-star-recommending-big-cass-to-higher-ups/

(Tonight was a fun show, I ain’t shook, and I don’t even know if this has any credibility. But, Joey Janela commented on it and said he would be fine if he came to AEW)

Gallows booked Cass on his local indie, so this tracks. I can’t imagine a circumstance where that gets past Tony though.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

TV Zombie posted:

Given that Renee's expected to deliver in 9 weeks, I wonder how they are going to write Mox off tv so that he can help take care of the newborn. I thought that he would have been written off after that Omega PPV match and maybe he'll be gone after this trios match but if so, what a weak way for him to go out and yet if he sticks around, what relatively short program can you put him in, before he has to go away for a bit?

That’s like 4 tapings, there’s plenty of time for time to write him off. In hindsight, it probably wasn’t a reasonable expectation that Revolution would’ve been his write-off.

Brandi’s also due a few weeks after that, so we’re gonna have a Cody write off angle soon too.

Depending on the timing either of them might just miss one set of tapings/two weeks of Dynamite and still have a full month off, so they may not even go anywhere.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Apr 8, 2021

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I think the thought behind arguing for more PPVs is to have more frequent defined targets for storylines to resolve rather than the intermittent tentpole Dynamites.

Realistically though, I don’t think that a build to a PPV model is necessary by default in the current media climate where the primary revenue generator is the TV show itself. There’s not really any other form of entertainment where the weekly television program builds to a regularly scheduled event that you have to buy separately, so it may not actually make sense to retain that model just because that’s how wrestling has been for the last 30 something years.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Apr 8, 2021

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Senerio posted:

AEW has roster bloat, it's not a shocking or new issue. The pandemic helped delay it a bit by giving us the 500 match darks, but at the same time this was always an issue that was going to arise sooner rather than later. The company discards toys and finds new ones on a monthly basis.

I generally agree with this, and I don’t think they can continue to kick the can down the road by continuing to point to the third hour of TNT coming at some point this year.

Hopefully the pandemic truly begins to subside so Tony feels less compelled to continue offering tons of opportunities for extra work on the Darks, but even then, the roster is very big even for 5 hours of programming without hypothetically rotating people out for recovery that hasn’t really happened so far.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I mean, does anyone honestly believe that Christian will be joining Team Taz?

He better fuckin’ do the job for Ricky, and in like 3 weeks, if that.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Counterpoint: in a vacuum, Mox/Kenny is the best rivalry in the company. I agree it's getting bloated but Kenny and Mox are so loving great against each other.

Also point me to anything else good there is for Mox to do right now. PAC, maybe?

I would’ve been perfectly happy with a quick little Eddie/Mox vs Butcher & the Blade program as fallout from Revolution.

There are some moving pieces in the way right now, but I’d also be into a Ricky/Mox program.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

While we’re talking about fireworks factories, I am glad that Britt is now specifically gunning for the title so her reign of terror can begin.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Ethan Page is probably the most egregious recent signing that didn’t necessarily need to happen, but I also think that’s been in the works forever and how I feel about it is more a reflection of the circumstances.

Otherwise, of people who are prominently featured, I don’t need to see Sting or Christian every week, but neither of those guys are necessarily FOR me. I think once this angle with Cody is done you can transition QT to just his office stuff/him as a coach figure for his guys if that faction ends up having legs.

Otherwise, there’s not really anyone I would necessarily “cut” right now since I feel most people are featured at the right level of the card, although to me the biggest evidence of roster bloat is that Daniels/Kaz are the #1 tag team and nominally working the CD retirement tour angle, but haven’t been in a straight Dynamite tag match since December. Like, I’ll see where it’s going, but I don’t get giving the Battle Royale win to Death Triangle when they could’ve moved into the end game of SCU’s deal and solidify the Bucks heel turn by having them not care that they’re ending CD’s run.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I’m commuting home from work when the Darks air, so whenever I do get the opportunity to sit down and watch it, it’s real easy for me to skip around and just watch the matches I want so the marathon length doesn’t necessarily bother me.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Shard posted:

Yeah I enjoyed the show and that's all I need. I don't care who beats who. The only reason I care about ratings in the slightest is I want the show I enjoy to stay on the air. And if the show becomes bad I won't care about the ratings then either because who gives a poo poo if a bad show goes off the air.

I feel like the is is where I am too.

Like, I’ll like the stuff I like and fast forward through what I’m not into. It’s not on me to fix anything or figure out why certain things may or may not land with other people. It also feels like my fandom might have crested for wrestling again and I’m ready for Dynamite to just be a TV show that I catch on the weekly rather than engaging in the discourse.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Quantum of Phallus posted:

think they'll run B&G with a proper crowd?

I bet the open up more pods than they did for Revolution, but still keep the current pandemic acknowledging audience model.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pinche Rudo posted:

AEW should have hired speedball mike bailey instead of Ethan page

Page didn’t have to wait out a ban to get his visa.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Looking forward to the inevitable Britt Baker-Abadon interactions.

Also Statlander.

And Swole.

Really, Abadon’s whole deal and how they treat it opens a lot of fun programs for her against other people with incredibly specific personalities.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Chris Harrington coming for the ratings speculators with graphs:

https://twitter.com/mookieghana/status/1380493856697909250?s=21

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

TV Zombie posted:

Depending on when he got to America, he should be around for a taping of Dynamite and that would be awesome to see.

I miss CIMA and the Bravehearts.

DDT is saying he’s gone for all of April and won’t be back on a show until 5/4, so he might appear during the next dynamite tapings if he hasn’t already taped something while he’s here.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

flatluigi posted:

gotta say i'm going to be amused by how much more i'll enjoy elevation tomorrow

Have they announced anymore matches beyond he four “main events?”

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Haven’t seen any other matches announced, but Shawn Dean is getting the rising star promo package this week.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Looks like we’re getting two women’s matches this week (although this one will probably be a squash, I bet Dani Jordyn draws this one):

https://twitter.com/aew/status/1381648304577085444?s=21

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Rarity posted:

Shanna brings absolutely nothing to the table (besides racism), she could easily be dropped without any loss

I bet they let her quietly ride out her contract on YouTube since she made the effort to get stateside during travel restrictions once that ultimatum almost certainly went out.

Even before the Islamaphobia came out she really wasn’t connecting with fans in any meaningful way.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

The original tweet in this is great because no, you do not see a tooth fly out because there’s a cut at the point of impact.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

The real swerve is going to be when the SCU breakup comes when they drop the belts to FTR after they win them from the Bucks in like a month.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Lid posted:

When can AEW "borrow" Black Taurus from TNA permanently?

https://i.imgur.com/0PDaDi9.gifv

Death Triangle doesn’t not need a heavy.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/realbrittbaker/status/1382356148054077441?s=21
CodyListening.gif

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Swole looking to establish a one out-one in standard for the division. Thunder Rosa has also been making noise to bring in Holidead, so probably just a matter of time before she pops up on Dark.

https://twitter.com/swoleworld/status/1382330646727639041?s=21

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

They updated the roster page to finally add Shawn Dean and add Solow/Comoroto/Ogogo.

A Fancy Hat posted:

Was Ivelisse every officially part of AEW? Or was she just on a per-appearance type deal? Because I was trying to think of how many people AEW has actually had to part ways with at this point that wasn't due to that person wanting to leave or due to travel restrictions.

It's Ivelisse and Jimmy Havoc, right? Goes to show how lovely you must be to get fired from AEW.

She’s probably been on whatever a Tier 0 contract was.

Havok, CIMA, Sadie Gibbs and Bea Priestley are the only wrestlers who have made the roster page at one point or another who have been dropped.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

DLC Inc posted:

that's odd since all the other sites today said she was on a per-appearance deal. She probably lied about it or assumed she was; if she had been hired idk why they'd wait THIS long to announce she was ALL ELITE

You still sign something if you’re on a per appearance deal.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

cams posted:

just want to say that this is my personal hell

dynamite i want to love you so much why do you do this to me

Dax is good.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

heel turn posted:

SRS updated the story on Fightful Select to add this

The only lawsuit I'm aware of involving Thunder Rosa and Lucha Underground is the one that also included Ivelisse and King Cuerno where they were trying to fight to get out of LU's contract.

lol at going on and on about being slandered on Twitter and then giving a statement that can be read like you’re accusing someone of loving their way to the top.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

That kid is 100% going to be in the game, and I would not be surprised if he ends up being a pack-in accessory for a memorial Brodie Lee action figure.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

AK-47 posted:

https://twitter.com/RealIvelisse/status/1382427691886972932

She did the dirty delete on her firing tweet and now this is whats up

oh ok

https://twitter.com/realivelisse/status/1382456861463613442?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I want to be clear that this is more a reflection of my opinion of the PC than Tays capacity to be a huge nerd, but landing in a fed full of tape trading nerds has been a boon for her development.