Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
GODZILLA VS KONG MATCH 8 7.41%
TAY VS BUNNY MATCH 52 48.15%
DARBY VS DRAKE MATCH 28 25.93%
MOX AND BUCKS VS BULLET CLUB MATCH 13 12.04%
HANGMAN VS MAX MATCH 7 6.48%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Still catching up on the rest of the show that I missed but just wanna point out that Tay murdering Bunny with the DDTay was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh Snapple! posted:

this felt like the worst kind of episode to put up against a basically free PPV if your intention was to out-do them

I'm pretty sure AEW had no intention of trying to "beat" NXT tonight, it makes way more sense just to do the normal shows they've been doing that have beaten them in 99.9% of their weekly showdowns over the last 18 months, especially since NXT is running away to hide on Tuesdays.

Edit: Also having just gotten to the QT promo video I am sad that the thread title this week wasn't "This is lovely America."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Disliking the way they handled the main event aside, I thought it was a pretty good show!

The Taxman posted:

this was IMO the worst show in a loooong while

This is also true. AEW has a really high floor!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gavok posted:

I WILL FIND HIM!

Gonna be sad when Tay gets turned into a giant snot monster for the second in a disappointing and pointlessly dark trilogy of matches :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gavok posted:

Release the Sydal Cut!

:golfclap:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Also point me to anything else good there is for Mox to do right now.

Mox vs. The Murder Grandpas: In this spinoff mangawrestling show, Florida is invaded by old Japanese men who want to beat the poo poo out of rookies. Jon Moxley doesn't care about that but he does want to have a good fight. 0 issue was Moxley vs. Suzuki, 1st issue collector's edition is Moxley vs. Nagata. If they need a sales bump, Liger will come out of retirement.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Others have suggested this before but seriously, if they do a storyline where Kenny is trying to coax Hangman back into the Elite to avoid having to defend his title again him, and Hangman teases the Too Sweet only to do the Dark Order sign instead I will be so goddamn happy.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hefty Leftist posted:

https://twitter.com/JayWhiteNZ/status/1378028488641245187

re Elite breakup: reminder that Jay White is gonna be in Florida

Switchblade will join up with Kenny but only on one condition:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

They let that generic nobody Adam Page beat indy superstar Joey Janela!?! AEW was doomed before it even started!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Every so often I stop and think about how Penta has merch on his online store describing him carrying the corpse of a vampire lady he was forced to murder into a Church and laying her on the altar before swearing vengeance on God. I think of that, and I smile.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wait what!?! I heard that Takeshita was at the latest AEW show but what's this? What'd I miss!?! :stare:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Pinwiz11 posted:

JJSB5. Mox came out after the final match

Oh right, that's still cool but I thought Gage had been announced for an AEW appearance or something and I was all :aaa:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God yes, and please yes get King Maxel involved :vince:

I am still pissed they never did a storyline where King Maxel became 24/7 Champion and we got a Hardy Special where Matt and his family/friends had to defend a siege of the Hardy Compound by jobbers.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Duke Pukem posted:

1)AYA
2)YAY
3)AYA
4)YAY
5)AYA

Ironically this makes:

6) NUMBER ONE!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Papa Hardy built them their first ring, right? Or was that the Bucks' dad?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kunabomber posted:

Papa Hardy was a poor tobacco farmer that moonlighted as a postal worker for the benefits.

Hardy boys sold pond reeds off the back of the pickup truck (harvested from the Hardy Compound Pond) to earn enough money to get a trampoline and built a ring out of it. The ring posts were from trees they cut down from around the property.

I loving love The Hardys stories about how they worked their way up in wrestling, and I'd missed this one, that's great.

I think it was on Jericho's podcast (maybe Austin's?) Matt tells an amazing story about some old retired wrestler who would just show up to little indy promotions and insist he was booked and they had to pay him for showing up, and would be so insistent and threaten to talk poo poo about them that a lot of promoters would just pay him in the hopes of shutting him up (then he'd show up again the next time they did a show). When he pulled it on the Hardys on one of their shows, Matt screwed up his courage and told him to gently caress off, and was ready to square up if necessary, and the guy just laughed and said,"I respect you, you're a man.... can I at least set up a merch table?" and Matt was so relieved he said yes :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Vince MechMahon posted:

Hey guys let me know how elevation is I'm missing it cause I'm going to a protest in Minneapolis. If I don't post for a bit I'm probably under arrest. I know we fight sometimes but I love all of you.

Be safe so you can get back and watch Takeshita vs. Limelight because it ruled.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Vince MechMahon posted:

How was elevation?

Real good! Glad you got back okay :)

Kenny is such a piece of poo poo, I love it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Triangulo de la Muerte are somehow simultaneously despicable AND wholesome and I love it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This is absolutely incredible, ahaha

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Vince MechMahon posted:

They should have kept the belt with her decorations forever.

Sammy should have been DQed when he touched the lava, rather than given a time penalty, and thus Pam should STILL be the champion :hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wanna see Tay pop straight up out of a brainbuster looking ready to kill :hellyeah: