Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SoylentCola
Mar 21, 2001

Ultra Carp
When I play a Netflix film or one from Prime quite often it is really quiet to the point of dialogue being near inaudible. Youtube and similar services play fine it is just Netflix and Prime.

Now I don't have a fancy 5.1 sound system or anything like that, just some decent stereo speakers fed directly by the audio out of the system board.I have monkeyed around with sound settings and generally only managed to make things worse. Various searches online just decend into people slaging off Netflix and Amazon, fair enough.

Does anyone know why this happens and how can I make it better?

SoylentCola fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Apr 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
The music and sound effects are nice and loud, but the dialogue is quiet? If that's what you are saying, it's a really common issue. You have it set for surround sound somewhere in either the Netflix/Prime settings, or somewhere in your sound card's program's settings. You have to change it to regular stereo and it will fix it.