Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

baylor becomes the first men’s basketball program to win a title and cover up a murder in the same century

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

my favourite thing about Baylor is that they hate gays but love rape. go bears!

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 8 days!)

The Waco Incident

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Sean Miller did nothing wrong.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

counterpoint: shirt

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

Sean Miller did nothing wrong.

i watched that ayton team and strongly disagree

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MourningView posted:

i watched that ayton team and strongly disagree

Okay, Sean Miller did one thing wrong.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Declan MacManus posted:

baylor becomes the first men’s basketball program to win a title and cover up a murder in the same century

You mean attempt to cover up a murder. We don’t know how many programs successfully covered up a murder in the 1900’s. Lots of fixing games with the mob back then!

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Not basketball, but more NCAA short-changing women athletes:

https://twitter.com/emilyehman/status/1380272451758743569

Also at least for the first few rounds of the tournament there will be no announcers. ESPN3 is carrying the tournament and I didn't sure that was still a thing.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

PotatoJudge posted:

Not basketball, but more NCAA short-changing women athletes:

https://twitter.com/emilyehman/status/1380272451758743569

Also at least for the first few rounds of the tournament there will be no announcers. ESPN3 is carrying the tournament and I didn't sure that was still a thing.

Time to bring back the AIAW.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Remember that referee that passed out in that Elite Eight game? Passing out likely saved his life - he had a blood clot in his lung.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/7148461002

quote:

“She [doctor] sits down next to the bed,” Smith continues, “and she says: ‘I saw your fall tonight. Something doesn’t add up. I want to know why you fell.’ She checked a few things out, came back in and took me through the car wash. Just a lot of tests. And they found out.

“She said: ‘I got the answer to the question. You went down because you had a blood clot in your lung.’”

Smith’s pausing. Dr. Katie Trammel, he’s wanting me to know, may have saved his life.

“You don’t know where that clot was going next,” he says.

Smith was admitted into Methodist and put on blood thinners. Two days later, clot gone, he was discharged. Where did it come from? Nobody can say. Smith tested positive for the coronavirus in August, but doctors can’t say whether there’s a correlation between COVID-19 and his blood clot.

He's fine now :shobon:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

facialimpediment posted:

Remember that referee that passed out in that Elite Eight game? Passing out likely saved his life - he had a blood clot in his lung.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/7148461002

He's fine now :shobon:

Whew, really glad to hear this. That freaked me out to watch dude just go out in the background.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Oooof. Myles Johnson to UCLA. Rich get richer

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
He is going to be so good getting away from Pikiell's garbage offense.*

*Not me hating on Pikiell, he has the best defense in the country, but the worst offense. Basically, the anti-Fran McCaffery.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
fran has had good defenses before, they were a top 30 KenPom defense pretty much every year when they had adam woodbury and uthoff, it's just impossible to have a good defense with garza starting at center. They're probably going to be defense first next year when toussaint and this year's actually athletic freshman class is playing more assuming they find a decent grad transfer big (Robbins pls), but the offense might be butt

MourningView fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Apr 10, 2021

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Well on that note, we saw a month of bombs away and the team looked amazing, and then it was back to Geo iso-ball trash can offense. I like him a lot off the court, but he's Pikiell's binky, and it's clear at this point that he's not a top level talent.

I would be so much happier if Johnson was returning and Baker was leaving. I don't hate him, but enough, poo poo.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kim Jong Il posted:

Well on that note, we saw a month of bombs away and the team looked amazing, and then it was back to Geo iso-ball trash can offense. I like him a lot off the court, but he's Pikiell's binky, and it's clear at this point that he's not a top level talent.

I would be so much happier if Johnson was returning and Baker was leaving. I don't hate him, but enough, poo poo.

It's not like they had any better options. It was a pretty shallow rotation all year. Myles should have been better offensively than he was here. It's not the coach's fault he misses layups. Maybe he develops that side of his game at UCLA. He's one of the top 10 defensive players in the country though and we'll obviously miss him a whole lot.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Apr 10, 2021

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Jack Nunge is going to end up at Xavier.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

PotatoJudge posted:

Jack Nunge is going to end up at Xavier.

Still seems kinda far from home but I guess it's like 3.5 hours instead of 6.5 which is doable if he wants to go home semi-regulalry or his mom wants to come to games. Also a much better team than the ones that are really close and he should do well in that league. Excited to see him in the tournament in 2 or 3 years as a 25 year old senior

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
luka garza's dumb nft thing sold for over $40,000 lol

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Myles missed like one layup although it was a loving doozy. I don't agree with anything you said. We had a great offense the first month where coincidentally or not, Geo was out. He comes back, they get ice cold, and Pike panics and goes back to the poo poo from last year that didn't work, vs. the offense that had us playing like a top 10 team.

Running off Mathis too in the process. Again, he doesn't suck, but he made some pretty clear mistakes.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Kim Jong Il posted:

Myles missed like one layup although it was a loving doozy. I don't agree with anything you said. We had a great offense the first month where coincidentally or not, Geo was out. He comes back, they get ice cold, and Pike panics and goes back to the poo poo from last year that didn't work, vs. the offense that had us playing like a top 10 team.

Running off Mathis too in the process. Again, he doesn't suck, but he made some pretty clear mistakes.

He was missing a lot of layups all season. He's not very good around the basket for a guy his size offensively. I think the first month was more Harper playing out of his mind than anything else. Even if Geo coming back was the reason he was less involved that is only an issue next year if both of them come back which is unlikely. I agree with you that Mathis leaving is going to hurt but that should be a guy they can replace. I'm more worried about the fact that the younger guys didn't really show anything all season other than Cliff playing some good D at times.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
When you get a little too close to Duke Power https://twitter.com/onionsports/status/1381638421584707586?s=21

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Liam Robbins to Vandy, probably following his uncle getting hired there although that part hasn't been announced yet officially. Bummer. Oh well, gently caress it, play Keegan Murray at center and just run and press a lot.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Trevion is exploring the draft which I should have expected but wasn't. Hope he ends up coming back.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/JFergusonAU/status/1381730272513830916

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
UVA picked up Jaylen Gardner, who was a huge usage guy at ECU. They'd already gotten Armaan Franklin from Indiana, who I guess they're hoping will actually hit some of the open 3s UVA kept bricking all year. Remains to be seen how they adapt to the pack line.

Meanwhile, the NCAA did this, which might (if there's any real teeth in it) conceivably hurt some of the people pushing these lovely and ultimately genocidal bills: https://twitter.com/TheChrisMosier/status/1381685445445230598?s=20

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Really wanted him :(

Arkansas has had quite a good transfer haul so far with Umude, Lykes, and Toney, but I think we need a big with our last open slot. Fingers crossed for Manek or Garrison Brooks at this point I suppose!

Auburn and Alabama getting stacked, SEC could be rough next year

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

elentar posted:

Meanwhile, the NCAA did this, which might (if there's any real teeth in it) conceivably hurt some of the people pushing these lovely and ultimately genocidal bills: https://twitter.com/TheChrisMosier/status/1381685445445230598?s=20

The WCWS is a pretty big deal in Oklahoma City, we'll see if this is enough to get the trogs in the state legislature to pull their copy-and-pasted trans bill.

it won't, not the rural GOP anyway. The Big City Republicans will probably think better but the sticks still disproportionately influence the levers of power here

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

chaoslord posted:

Really wanted him :(

Arkansas has had quite a good transfer haul so far with Umude, Lykes, and Toney, but I think we need a big with our last open slot. Fingers crossed for Manek or Garrison Brooks at this point I suppose!

Auburn and Alabama getting stacked, SEC could be rough next year

Garrison Brooks gonna go to Miss State to play for his pops, isn't he?

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Leonard Hamilton is an outrageous bargain https://twitter.com/giglio_OG/status/1381969757176524805?s=20

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

big lol at Capel being sixth (now fifth)

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Declan MacManus posted:

Seems like a hard statistic to confirm

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

General Dog posted:

no way Adolph Rupp didn't help bury at least one body

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

elentar posted:

no way Adolph Rupp didn't help bury at least one body

His name was Robert Paulson Bryant

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

They didn't call him John Wooden Box for nothin

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

General Dog posted:

i mean most people agree on champions these days

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

He really wants to get that career 2pt% under 20

https://twitter.com/BadgerMBB/status/1382378346076635138

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Nur_Neerg posted:

Garrison Brooks gonna go to Miss State to play for his pops, isn't he?

His dad was there when he decommitted from them originally right? That's why I was thinking maybe he wouldn't end up there, but you're probably right.

Rule changes being looked at. I personally love the one-and-one but I know it's going to go away at some point, wouldn't be surprised if this were the time. That said if they're doing the foul reset at 10 minutes might as well move to quarters. I am sure there are TV contract considerations that might need to be reworked with the elimination of the U16/12/8/4 timeouts, but I'm sure those could be worked out.

https://twitter.com/mattnorlander/status/1382343899511934977?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
https://twitter.com/kyleredwards_/status/1382389951833202692?s=20

Got some much-needed backcourt leadership, since Jarreau and Grimes are leaving