Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Declan MacManus posted:

baylor becomes the first men’s basketball program to win a title and cover up a murder in the same century

Seems like a hard statistic to confirm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The Aggies have had 8 players enter the portal so far, including last year's leading scorer, seems weird.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

In women's news, Kim Mulkey resigned from Baylor to take the LSU job

That's a move

She's from Louisiana, maybe just still has ties there and wanted to get back closer to home. Plus her kids are all grown and out of Waco, I think, and she's divorced, so there probably wasn't a lot still holding her down. Anyway, good on her if that's where she wants to spend the tail end of her career and retire, she certainly didn't have much left to prove at Baylor. She provided some bright moments in dark times for that athletic department and that school as a whole.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Now that the NCAA is streamlining rules, will teams be able to play exhibitions against the Harlem Globetrotters again?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

That rules

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Congrats to Carlton Dotson surpassing the halfway point of his incarceration last year.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Any context aside, 41 points in a college game is a pretty remarkable performance, as in it literally merits remark.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

kayakyakr posted:

Tech and OU are probably both destined for the NIT tournament where they will be immediate front-runners.

Tech's probably going to be fully firing their coach, though, so we'll see if they get a "relief because the rear end in a top hat is gone" bounce or if they are not quite as good. I love watching Adams' no middle defense snuff the life out of teams, but boy howdy did we not realize how much of a weirdo the dude was once Beard left.

Speaking of Beard; looks like he's a candidate for the Ole Miss job.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

A 7 seed, what on Earth

Edit: oh I see why they did that

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

PSU gets Aggie

Is Aggie any good?

Went 15-3 in conference and made it to the tourney championship, so I guess it depends on what you think of the SEC overall.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Sources: Bob Huggins to take $1M salary reduction for anti-gay slur

Blunders To Bargains

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Nobody is good enough in their field to excuse being a gaping rear end in a top hat, but Knight was probably the closest you can possibly come.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

fast cars loose anus posted:

Refs trying manfully to screw A&M out of a big win

These are pretty unacceptable calls to go against a home team.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

This sport has been dogshit since they shortened the playclock to 30s.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Chief McHeath posted:

Did you watch it when it was 35 seconds, because

Yeah I enjoyed the more deliberate pacing compared to the NBA.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Surprised the ref didn't just inbound it back to Kentucky there

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Bird in a Blender posted:

As far as I can tell, it's all injuries. They were down to 6 players, but all I can find are two starters are injured, so they must have been running pretty lean to start with. It doesn't make a lot of sense because they had 10 people log minutes against Houston, so there must be unreported injuries.

It's weird, because I swear I read the "10 players logged minutes in their last game" bit in an ESPN article yesterday morning, but when I revisited the article later in the day that bit was gone. That edit kind of changes the tenor of the story.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Kibner posted:

I think there is also some speculation about some players not meeting GPA requirements.

That would make sense as something they don’t want to advertise nationally, but it seems weird grades would suddenly make players ineligible on January 17.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

It’s just basketball, who cares. It’s not like the players and coaches are complicit in the predatory behavior of the institution they represent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

predicto posted:

Like Liberty, Grand Canyon uses sports to legitimize their awfulness so gently caress em

Well, somebody has to do it