Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Sean Miller did nothing wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MourningView posted:

i watched that ayton team and strongly disagree

Okay, Sean Miller did one thing wrong.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

facialimpediment posted:

Remember that referee that passed out in that Elite Eight game? Passing out likely saved his life - he had a blood clot in his lung.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/7148461002

He's fine now :shobon:

Whew, really glad to hear this. That freaked me out to watch dude just go out in the background.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I don't really know how to feel about this. The coaching search was so poorly done, and Lloyd was clearly the hire from the start, that it made the whole thing feel insulting and it made the black coaches who interviewed feel like tokens, and the fact that Pastner was named plan B almost had me angry. But this is the type of person I'd probably like to be hired, if I trusted the judgement of the person doing the hiring more.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

MourningView posted:

perhaps it is not loyal to the proud tradition of the sandwich with canned cheese on it but that sandwich looks good

Yeah agreed.

A weird thing to me is how Philadelphia people act like cheese steaks are pretty much one thing and exactly that one thing but every place I went to there asked me what I wanted on it and had several options.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Pac12 is gonna be really top heavy this year.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I respect that Arizona is not messing around with any of these darn games.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Arizona is pretty impressive right now. Coach spent all summer talking about the offense and making ridiculous "it's like the Warriors" statements. In the way that people actually think of when they talk about the Warriors, no, it's not that. But it is a bunch of motion and pick and roll that really takes advantage of the height of the team and the shooting is really just to keep the defense honest. Wichita St. did prove it's something you can get them to stop playing, or that you can make them earn it at the line which is always perilous in college. But it's a very watchable offense for college basketball.

Defense just looks like they copied and pasted from Sean Miller but there are worse people you can do that from

Rick fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Nov 23, 2021

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I have no idea how every year Pac-12 writers write Pac-12 preview articles with like multiple people that all manage to be awful at it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I wish the rest of the Pac was better because all of the matchups between the top 4 (USC/UCLA/Arizona/Oregon) have been great.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I feel like Colorado is better than a lot of the teams in but the weak conference really didn't give them a great chance to show it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
It's bad and she's definitely a political prisoner at the moment, they normally would have just expelled her if they did anything at all.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I was looking at the NIT tournament bracket and that kind of looks like an entertaining tournament but I will not remember to watch it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I’m a Sean Miller respecter so good for him.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I heard an interview of Shaheen Holloway and drat that dude rocks, would have ran through a brick wall for him after hearing him talk for ten minutes.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
For listening you can use the March Madness official app and it is free. It kind of sucks during the round of 64 and 32 because they don't cover every game but I am guessing tonight will be all free.

Tune-In charges for everything now but they are your best bet otherwise.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Never cooperate always conceal.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Just like with the Celtics, he was offered an interview. He wasn't offered a job. Woj puts that stuff out there to hype up dudes up as favors to the agents who feed him his dirt.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I'm having trouble thinking of anyone who reclassifying helped except maybe Ingram. And even then you could argue he might have been the #1 pick the next season instead of the #2 his season.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Bird in a Blender posted:

Matchups like that are one of the pluses of College basketball over football. They're not afraid of losing one game to a good team since it won't sink their chances at the tournament.

Yeah this and Duke vs Arizona looking to happen every few years now, I like where the sport is at right as far as someone who uses it to scout for the NBA.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I think Gonzaga in a major conference would be pretty cool. Maybe the tournament will stop being whistled around 90s New York Knicks rules if enough modern teams get into major conferences.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

tactlessbastard posted:

I don't know anything about the NBA, can you explain this joke?

It was basically explained by Grittybeard but basically in the mid 90s they allowed high levels of physical play to turn the games against slugfests.

I am exaggerating although the tournament definitely allows a lot more pushing and holding than the regular season to the point it’s hard for Gonzaga to execute a lot of the stuff that carried them in the regular season.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Man that's like some murder podcast poo poo.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Of course Cincinnati goes on a run the second I tune in.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Tubelis is like the extremely poor man's James Worthy.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

I am! I might have to work though )-=

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Big boy dunk

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

hell yeah, gently caress off liberty

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
SDSU is doing a decent job of stopping Arizona from running at least.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Watching Arizona bomb threes while listening to the Lakers clank from three. Dysphasia

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I love Ballo.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
They probably played Arizona the best anyone has. The Cinci game was closer but dudes were bombing from three to make it presentable.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Arizona probably made the right move in making a coaching change. But Sean Miller was cleared by the IARP.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...ause-penalties/

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

elentar posted:

dunno why this one feels like it portends so much more doom that the last realignment round

https://twitter.com/nicoleauerbach/status/1603183045426745345?s=46&t=voZrBpDwrbCdt9voK3ot4g

Pretty much expected. It's too much money to turn down for anyone.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
ASU is very bad this year and only beating them by 9 is not great, but a rivalry game is a rivalry game so a win is a win.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

LET'S GO THE MOTHERFUCKING WILD CAT

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Bird in a Blender posted:

So does Arizona suck now? They have two pretty bad losses on consecutive saturdays.

Oregon pretty much needed to win to have a chance to make the tournament and played like it. Arizona did not rise to that challenge. It's basketball, poo poo happens.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I'd be interested in seeing that chart adjusted for pace.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Arizona winning out is pretty unlikely just because Basketball but I'm hoping simply for a Good Loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
A college game where both teams are shooting above 50% is fun.