Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Would I have to be active on discord or just in the thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Voodoofly posted:

I’m in.

What happens if someone is targeted by two Boats?

It's ok the waves wash the blood off

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I will join the good ship lifestyle
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryu3b6dPQ_s

I elect me.. the captain

vote sandwolf

Will we know who the captains and boats are?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

dy. posted:

wins if you're worried that work is gonna take over and you won't be able to regularly contribute I can figure out a way to give you maybe a special role that is less involved.

I would super love to have you in the game but please don't join and lurk.

Tbh I don't know if i can regularly post throughout the day. I normally maf when I get home from work

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

dy. posted:

While you wait...

:siren: Challenge alert :siren: I will award a special power to a random player who posts a three-sentence biography for a boat or Captain. But it has to be fun. Don't give me some historical information.

We saw a dude (captain?) adrift on a boat by the beach where we were playing volleyball one day. Someone swam out to tie a line and we pulled it in, finding out the guy was drunk and had been fishing when the motor died. He towed his boat away on a trailer that had a wheel about to fall off.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Row, row, row your boat. Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Sub Rosa posted:

No I want to be an observer and have a place to talk about the game with other observers and the dead.

Please give subrosa the powerup and let them use it from spectator town

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Dhaes posted:

so i dont really completely get this game are we all bus drivers? cause that'll get confusing

I think half of us are boat drivers.

Got a real good feeling about
##vote sandwolf

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Mr. Humalong posted:

You are batting well below the Mendoza line.

I'm all about ops babyyyyy

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

b-minus1 posted:

Lol

I’m just sick of losing

Have you considered making bold moves, like ##vote sandwolf

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Voodoofly posted:

Voting merk or ilmucche today. Will not accept any other options, because I’ll be damned if I try to keep those avatars separate all game.

It’s even bothering me. I see a post from him that looks scummy and then realise it was me.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Voodoofly posted:

##vote Ilmucche because for a second I actually thought “wait I read this already scroll down”

You know as I typed it out I figured I was probably fashioning my docking lines into a noose, but it's worth it for the bit

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I would've thought we'd get along better :(

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Hal Insandenza posted:

Sounds like she wants you dead though

I'm trying to make peace

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

wins32767 posted:

There, it's fixed.

I had this ready to go though...

I think we're still well in joke phase.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

wins32767 posted:

Why are you trying to make peace early on D1?

Why not! We can all be friends here

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

wins32767 posted:

Sure, as soon as the scum are all dead we can be friends. Until then, driving content is important and fights are a good way to do that. So why is it so important to you that dead cow not vote for you early?

because I don't want to get lunched on day 1?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Grandicap posted:

Fear is the mind killer.
lol

wins32767 posted:

But you just said we're still in joke phase, did you not? So why does that matter?
Stop harshing my marga-

Grandicap posted:

Fear is the mind killer.
ritaville high. Just enjoy joke pha-

Grandicap posted:

Fear is the mind killer.

OMGUS!
##vote wins32767

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

wins32767 posted:

This is a bad jokevote vote.

All my votes are bad except for the ones on sandwolf

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Real talk we should policy vote any one who seriously uses "whanna" as a word that exists

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Philip J. Fry posted:

Second off, b minus what's your deal man. We have 48 hours left and you're "Im not moving my vote" sure from a simple joke comment in the discord? Also, what the hell.

This is standard binus if I understood their play from last game

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Mr. Humalong posted:

But like.........that’s Binus lol

Pretty much this lol. This and

b-minus1 posted:

Lmao ok dude just do it then. :jerkbag:

Notice how chili hasn’t responded to anything I’m saying yet voted me out of nowhere early d1.

Style vote me posts

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

merk posted:

This is a super lovely thing to say, but I kind of think b- is town for that Discord post asking that discord be closed.

I don't know town or not but it's a reasonable ask.

Out of thread communication can get a game shut down after all :doh:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I don't have access to discord on my phone though :(

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Chili posted:

What would you like for me to say to you? I don't generally respond to accusations that don't give me anything to say in response from "nuh uh"

So....

"Nuh UH!"

Big fan of omgus, personally

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

SALTY DOG LOOKING FOR BOAT
46/captain/Margaritaville
Just a captain looking for his Orca. I may not be a greenhorn anymore, but these old sea legs can handle the motion of the ocean. If you don't mind a slight list to starboard then let me show you what a master of the rudder can do.

Adventure and the feel of waves breaking over your prow if you get in touch ;)

Also ##unvote since joke votes apparently need to be rolled back now.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

merk posted:

I wasn't going to claim exactly what I am, but I guess that is required.

We should be a Captain / Boat combo. I am a Boat.

When the time came I was obviously going to blind pick you anyway.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Had a few wild days at work. Will get my reads in tonight

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

So binus gets super defensive in joke phase real early with this

b-minus1 posted:

Uh...when did I say anything about a scumslip? I only said I don’t like it when people post in discord channels after the game starts. This is a huge reason why I had a town read of sandwolf in the last game. He was posting about a confessional and it hosed up my read But thanks for admitting that you scumslipped lol##vote chili
but like, standard binus fare??

and then dhaes claims out of nowhere??

steak's decision to want to be vanilla is a weird one

lots of joke posting. merk and keane jump in on binus

What is this merk miller thing?

merk posted:

Oh wow. I’m a Miller

Lot of white noise going on here.

Sandwolf sticking up for DC, worth noting for future ref I guess.

Sandwolf posted:

I don’t agree with this because I know mucche and have even been scum with mucche but I think the analysis is sound. Town vibe from DC.

Wins ruined my avatar

Ok there's a hell of a lot of posting on day 1 this is actually a lot of poo poo to read.

The feelings I'm get are steak or hum at the point i'm at in the therad. Binus is aggro posting again.

CCKeane posted:

I mean, if you're arguing that b-'s meta is to make absurd points, okay, but I think "I say anybody who votes me is scummy", especially openly, is a scummy post. This is also happening after I refused to let the point drop.

I'd also point out that this makes b-'s earlier post about "nobody voting scum" even stranger right? Like, he has made one case on chili, and then is bemoaning how people are voting.
I disagree with keane on this one though, at least for now. This is 100% the same binus from that last game I played and he was town.

Philip J. Fry posted:

First off merk, if you think you're pairing up with anyone other than me you are out of your god drat mind.
Will vote fry to assure my boat partnership with merk

Ok having caught up I think hum is pinging a little bit. Sandwolf is feeling pretty town. For some reason Fry is pinging a bit as well. binus is hard aggro posting. I can't seriously say if it's town or scum, but it IS annoying as hell. Maybe scale it back a bit? Chili?

Day 1 is hard af. What's this merk miller thing? Is that worth discussing at all?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

You've never read my posting in game before have you

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Chili posted:

I'm barely reading your posting now.

Chili is town

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

K I need to go sleep so gonna go ahead and ##vote b-minus1

ilmucche