Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

ok!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Right before the pandemic hit I went to the Escape from Margaritaville show and it was pleasantly terrible so I am excited for some great Buffet-related flavor

Also to play with all these old players, I was just about to run a game where I invited old people back but I am even happier to play in one

Thanks dy.!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

dy. posted:

The majority of my mistakes are based on ineptitude; very few of them are hatred-based.

Carefully worded to avoid answering the question

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

##vote merk

A captain goes down with his boat.

So you are boat? Or a captain?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh yeah that makes sense

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dhaes you can be my captain anytime

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

I am a CAPTAIN

Seeking a BOAT

Since dhaes ghosted me maybe we can make this work

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

You are batting well below the Mendoza line.

Continuing my policy of not voting anyone making obscure baseball references

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bee get in here and vote Keane

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

Lol

I’m just sick of losing

You have let me down.

Are you actually scum then?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

ilmucche posted:

Have you considered making bold moves, like ##vote sandwolf

My Captain!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Awww we don’t even find out who won

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

I could see Dead Cow, yes. I see what merk is picking up a bit.

This happens... every game with dead cow. I doubt they have lived past D2 in ages

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

ilmucche posted:

I would've thought we'd get along better :(

Sounds like she wants you dead though

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dead Cow posted:

Yes, but it's not strong. The only other read I have is a meta read on Hal. The last time he defended me being bad at mafia he was scum. However, he may mention it every game we play together and I'm only remembering the last game.

I want to see Justice for Dead Cow regardless of alignment

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

I can’t even do math well enough to make a solid joke there

I was like I guess merk needs a day to badger us into voting someone so it still made sense to me

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

I hope my pal B minus can explain to me why I'm scum.

He doesn’t need to, he’s already convinced me

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Squiggly posted:

Hal is a 5/10 on my scum meter

##vote Hal

Seems like a lukewarm vote to me

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Is the case on b- just that he is making hard votes out of nowhere? Did I miss something else here?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

I think the case is that he’s stretching to make a scum read about a joke someone made in discord before the mod made it read-only. Binus’s read feels more like a misinterpretation of what was said to me, but I can see why people would vote him now that he’s stubbornly sticking to it. I don’t agree with the thinking that him being stubborn makes him scum, but it definitely makes him come across as anti-town.

Ahh yeah I see that now. Yeah that’s a stretch by bee but it’s also not something I find to be particularly scummy

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

Eh, I still like the content lurking aspect and don't think "Hal meta" moves the needle either way.

Ehhh I have been traveling across the country, working long days and visiting family since the game started so I haven’t had time to do anything serious yet, mostly just catch up and make snarky commentary

I’ll try to do more tonight though once I get some food

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

are we c-compatible, Squigg?

Wtf

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dhaes posted:

50 people are wrong then hth

i did enjoy reading it though

what ever happened to 50 lbs of bread does he still play

He makes an occasional appearance but it’s been a bit now

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

This is a hyper aware post that takes advantage of budding momentum on a player that's made themselves prominent. The use of quotes feels forced and intended to apply weird intention behind what was clearly a goof.

This is actually a decent point that I might actually agree with! I think in general Dead Cow has a posting style that isn’t really compatible with current mafia accepted standards which leads to people calling her scum and voting her out early which is why I have defended her in the past. But the bit about the quotes you point out here is good!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Bad vote. Don’t like Chili’s case either but this is a bad vote.

Why?

I think other than his long post about Humalong steak has been much more consistent with his town game than last game where he clearly was trying to appear to be town rather than his free-flowing self.

I guess if you completely don’t buy Chili’s Cow case you can not like the vote, but are you saying it’s a scummy vote or just a bad vote?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

I'd buy dead cow as scum, but, also, I think b- is scum, and also I haven't played with Dead Cow in a while (hi dead cow) and am inclined against voting her immediately because of that.

I know you’ve played with b- enough to know that this isn’t out of the ordinary as far as his play goes. Are you just this hung up on him because he’s calling you out along with Chili because you seem to be hanging a lot on the fact that he didn’t elaborate on stuff but that’s like, his whole thing. Seems like you are hopping on some easy targets thus far.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lol

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I can respect that I suppose

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

Hal do you think saying "I don't have a case, I am saying that the people voting me are scum" is town behavior?

No! But I am afraid that’s par for the course for some people.

I don’t think in B-‘s case it’s an alignment tell at all but I get that people aren’t going to want to engage with stuff you can’t respond to, if people are gonna vote him for that so be it, mostly I just am D1ing and letting people who aren’t familiar with his play (or cows) at least some basis

I think the case against cow is more compelling so ##vote Dead Cow

I apologize for not having better reads today, I just got way more poo poo dumped on me the last couple days than I was supposed to so I can’t dedicate as much to the game but we should be finished up by tomorrow

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Oh I think I’d vote Chili or mucche in a less describable way

Not super interested in chili but I agree that ilmucche has been less present than usual but he said he’s busy so I’d like to see what he has to say when he comes back

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Catching up now, haven’t seen what the chili case is. Rather not vote him D1 though unless something really scummy has happened

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh geez deadline is sooner than I realized,

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hmmm ##vote b-

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I don’t understand the rush to judge people who voted b- instead of chili or whoever was in second at the end of the day. Like what?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dhaes posted:

yeah man im good with sandwolf today

##vote sandwolf

Bad vote!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dhaes posted:

why do you keep saying you are town?

repeat a lie often enough and people believe it?

I believe him!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

honestly I'm here too, someone else please fuckin' say anything

Maybe we should have killed dead cow?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dhaes posted:

like go visit our buddy wins? or mucche?

Sandwolf would never cheat on me like this

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

No not really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

I mean, I have this relationship with Hal and I'm suspicious of him

What!! I’m truly hurt here