Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

bradzilla posted:

The human brain actually kinda sucks rear end. It's programmed to be as lazy as loving possible and needs a minute of sleep for every 2 minutes awake lmao. Not to mention insanely easy addiction and rampant mental problems.

this all checks out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

EorayMel posted:

There was a post in GBS long long ago, like years ago, talking about how horses are nature's groverhaus including how they can't support more than one baby per pregnancy and how their hooves sometimes fall completely through their legs like the penis of an old statue exposed to years of acid rain and it was pretty hosed up

Was that the "poor Freckles, thought of ants and died" post? That was a good post.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
All the maintenance required by our stupid teeth makes me believe my designer wasn't intelligent at all. :mad:

der ruhige
Nov 12, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Management posted:

Armpits. They smell worse than the rest of you for some reason and sweat a lot.
Spoken like someone who has never smelled my balls.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I'd like to learn more about elizabeth shue's body. what a fox!

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

YeahTubaMike posted:

Was that the "poor Freckles, thought of ants and died" post? That was a good post.

to be fair I think that's our fault. Wild horses are hardy little beasts. Horses now only routinely gently caress up their legs just running because we've hosed with them so much to make them faster and big enough to ride.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Consider the humble Przewalski's horse

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

I'd like to learn more about elizabeth shue's body. what a fox!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6jfDQxMfN8

Sucrose posted:

to be fair I think that's our fault. Wild horses are hardy little beasts. Horses now only routinely gently caress up their legs just running because we've hosed with them so much to make them faster and big enough to ride.

That doesn't answer my question. :colbert:

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Gotta be sad for people when their Tuggers plum give out

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos
So yeah, it's like, super easy to be almost immune to cancer. But somehow that's bad for fertility, so overall it's bad. Whales have it, that's why they have so many more cells than us but never get cancer. It's also why they have trouble getting pregnant and need to have massive ejaculations.

Maybe super good DNA repair is bad for us in some hypothetical ancestral environment the keto guys are always going on about, actually pretty good now when we have far too many people, and lots of people with cancer, and my thirsty throat just can't get enough cum.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I dunno titties are pretty great

A solid argument.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

EorayMel posted:

There was a post in GBS long long ago, like years ago, talking about how horses are nature's groverhaus including how they can't support more than one baby per pregnancy and how their hooves sometimes fall completely through their legs like the penis of an old statue exposed to years of acid rain and it was pretty hosed up

The pregnancy thing is weird because uh many species only have single kids with very rare instances of twins.

Hoof thing is a sign of two things. Either you aren't taking care of your horse and letting poo poo rot on them or some hilairous inbreeding going on.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Apr 9, 2021

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

The Management posted:

Need to go for a run? Maybe escape a lion or just an evening jog? I hope you’ve got those tits or floppy dong wrapped up so they don’t shear off from the bouncing.

One of the OG human hunting methods was literally jogging after antelope for so long that they keeled over and died or collapsed from exhaustion and over heating.

Humans have scary endurance and heat exchange abilities.

This still gets done by some groups in Africa.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Xenocides posted:

Sugar glider. You can jump, glide, perch on virtually everything and your back feet have combs for grooming unlike filthy humans.

Tiny, furry body, great big human brain (leaps from tree, plunges to forest floor, smashes skull on exposed tree root.)

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Our skin is weak as gently caress. Can't take cold, can't take heat. Can't take sustained direct sunlight (for some, anyways). Constantly dying and shedding its gross dead parts all over everything. Completely permeable, substances can literally just phase through it right into your bloodstream. Really soft and easily torn. I could go on.

Can't a guy get a motherfucking exoskeleton around here instead of this weak rear end tissue paper bullshit? Come the gently caress on

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

IronClaymore posted:

So yeah, it's like, super easy to be almost immune to cancer. But somehow that's bad for fertility, so overall it's bad. Whales have it, that's why they have so many more cells than us but never get cancer. It's also why they have trouble getting pregnant and need to have massive ejaculations.

Maybe super good DNA repair is bad for us in some hypothetical ancestral environment the keto guys are always going on about, actually pretty good now when we have far too many people, and lots of people with cancer, and my thirsty throat just can't get enough cum.

I would definitely take the no cancer + huge ejaculate bargain, hot drat

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

Ventral EggSac posted:

I would definitely take the no cancer + huge ejaculate bargain, hot drat

Apparently, it takes some 100k ATP molecules to fix a double-strand-break in DNA. Big whoop. That's nothing. You even get a crumb of proper fried food and that's your day's worth of DNA calories done and sorted.

Stupid human bodies have not caught up at all with modern lifestyles.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

IronClaymore posted:

Apparently, it takes some 100k ATP molecules to fix a double-strand-break in DNA. Big whoop. That's nothing. You even get a crumb of proper fried food and that's your day's worth of DNA calories done and sorted.

Humans have essentially stopped evolving in the traditional sense. So little actual pressure on survival, and whether or not you pass on your genetics is more about personal choice and social situation than having successful genes. There are still changes happening but they aren't really "evolution" as the world's animals and plants have it

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

Play posted:

Humans have essentially stopped evolving in the traditional sense. So little actual pressure on survival, and whether or not you pass on your genetics is more about personal choice and social situation than having successful genes. There are still changes happening but they aren't really "evolution" as the world's animals and plants have it

Yeah, so all we've got are scientific solutions to aging. Also lifestyle and fitness and diet, all of which will increase your lifespan and keep you out of hospital. But who has time for those?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Ventral EggSac posted:

My toenails help me grip the floor

Lol

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Play posted:

Our skin is weak as gently caress. Can't take cold, can't take heat. Can't take sustained direct sunlight (for some, anyways). Constantly dying and shedding its gross dead parts all over everything. Completely permeable, substances can literally just phase through it right into your bloodstream. Really soft and easily torn. I could go on.

Can't a guy get a motherfucking exoskeleton around here instead of this weak rear end tissue paper bullshit? Come the gently caress on

Been watching a lot of travel channel and this checks out. People constatnly getting scratched by fuckin ghosts. Weak af.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
We might be loaded with all kinds of problems, but I like the idea that we are amazingly tough compared to some aliens, and they don't know how to deal with us.

https://humans-are-space-orcs.tumblr.com/

https://space-australians.tumblr.com/

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
What's with all these different types of blood??

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Genesplicer posted:

We might be loaded with all kinds of problems, but I like the idea that we are amazingly tough compared to some aliens, and they don't know how to deal with us.

https://humans-are-space-orcs.tumblr.com/

https://space-australians.tumblr.com/

Theres a book series explicitly about this and also that our screaming murder monkey brains cause the evil psionic squid aliens to go catatonic if they try to gently caress with us.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Ah yes the human body. I sleep but am not rested. Thanks a lot you worthless sack of poo poo.

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

Telsa Cola posted:

Theres a book series explicitly about this and also that our screaming murder monkey brains cause the evil psionic squid aliens to go catatonic if they try to gently caress with us.

Well, the only obvious response to that is that we only have an even chance. Their ideas might gently caress us up instead. Our only clear course is the meme it up, develop a culture so complex and intricate and full of bullshit and reality TV that any non-sentient intelligence that tries to analyse us runs out of memory and needs a manual restart. And any sentient intelligence recognises us as valuable allies against those loving P-Zombies. [Sorry, read a couple of Peter Watts books recently and I want those hours back.]

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

IronClaymore posted:

How much ejaculate are we talking about here? Everybody gets excited about big huge cums but somebody has to clean that up.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

zedprime posted:

Don't tempt the body, pooping out your mouth is real and happens.

I was an EMT and once I was in a hospital and a guy was dying/dead and we all smelled something just horrible and he had feces coming out of his mouth by some sort of GI leak. It took me like 3 days to stop smelling that with every breath.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I was an EMT and once I was in a hospital and a guy was dying/dead and we all smelled something just horrible and he had feces coming out of his mouth by some sort of GI leak. It took me like 3 days to stop smelling that with every breath.

I remember this story and it haunts me. If it wasn't you someone told of something very similar on an emt thread

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Telsa Cola posted:

One of the OG human hunting methods was literally jogging after antelope for so long that they keeled over and died or collapsed from exhaustion and over heating.

Humans have scary endurance and heat exchange abilities.

This still gets done by some groups in Africa.

There's a horse vs. human marathon every year somewhere in Wales. Typically if the temperature the day of the race is below a certain temperature, the horse will always win, but if it's a really hot day, the human will win.

its all nice on rice posted:

What's with all these different types of blood??

I heard it's some sort of endless rock-paper-scissors thing with the malaria parasite.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Yep the worst death of a Christian Scientist I know about was like this. At first she just spat constantly into a Kleenex I didn't know why she would fill waste paper baskets daily with just the used wads. She was skinny and had no appetite and couldn't have been older than 45 maybe. Her stomach started to visibly swell until after only like a week she looked 6 months pregnant. I didn't see her anymore but then we started to get incredibly odorous laundry. The first time I checked it out it took me a second to realized what I was looking at; this must be the coffee grounds vomit I've heard of that's supposed to be some kind of danger sign. I had them surreptitiously throw away all the laundry that came from that room. It was a tie for the worst smelling stuff I've ever smelled in my life.

She stopped eating completely and a few more weeks went by.

I heard later it took her about 8 hours to die in the shower stall in her room. She was choking to death on her own feces. My guess is untreated bowel cancer maybe? They ended up ripping up the carpet which wasn't really stained to get that room to not reek of foul poo poo and horror.

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

zedprime posted:

How much ejaculate are we talking about here? Everybody gets excited about big huge cums but somebody has to clean that up.

I refuse to google it. But if you are interested, I'm sure there's videos of whales getting it on. I have heard anecdotal accounts of the volumes involved, and it is vast.

But whales are mammals so anyone who's too interested in that is a loving furry. Which is fine actually. Just...informed consent you know. Just leaves more human cum for the rest of us.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Spinz posted:

Yep the worst death of a Christian Scientist I know about was like this. At first she just spat constantly into a Kleenex I didn't know why she would fill waste paper baskets daily with just the used wads. She was skinny and had no appetite and couldn't have been older than 45 maybe. Her stomach started to visibly swell until after only like a week she looked 6 months pregnant. I didn't see her anymore but then we started to get incredibly odorous laundry. The first time I checked it out it took me a second to realized what I was looking at; this must be the coffee grounds vomit I've heard of that's supposed to be some kind of danger sign. I had them surreptitiously throw away all the laundry that came from that room. It was a tie for the worst smelling stuff I've ever smelled in my life.

She stopped eating completely and a few more weeks went by.

I heard later it took her about 8 hours to die in the shower stall in her room. She was choking to death on her own feces. My guess is untreated bowel cancer maybe? They ended up ripping up the carpet which wasn't really stained to get that room to not reek of foul poo poo and horror.

I wonder if she just had some sort of bowel blockage or issue that could have been completely treated if she wasn't a lunatic.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Play posted:

Do you have any source on this because I just assumed every living thing is constantly evolving. I thought humans haven't really been around nearly long enough to see any evolution.

Revins posted:

I remember this story and it haunts me. If it wasn't you someone told of something very similar on an emt thread

Definitely someone different. I wasn't an EMT for long so I wouldn't hang out in the EMT thread. I'd just bitch about how little I got paid. :shrug:

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Apr 9, 2021

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Sucrose posted:

I wonder if she just had some sort of bowel blockage or issue that could have been completely treated if she wasn't a lunatic.

You are totally right.
It bugged me because she was so young you could even tell that she was probably pretty and she had a photo of a seemingly fairly recent wedding. She was a beautiful bride where was the husband

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

IronClaymore posted:

I refuse to google it. But if you are interested, I'm sure there's videos of whales getting it on. I have heard anecdotal accounts of the volumes involved, and it is vast.

But whales are mammals so anyone who's too interested in that is a loving furry. Which is fine actually. Just...informed consent you know. Just leaves more human cum for the rest of us.

quote:

The reported average penis length varies but is usually mentioned to have an average length of 2.4 to 3.0 metres (7 ft 10 in to 9 ft 10 in). The most common reported average length is roughly 2.4 metres (7.9 ft) but the average diameter is only 30 to 36 centimetres (12 to 14 in), making the penis proportionately very long and thin.[citation needed] However, its girth has also been reported to be nearer 46 centimetres (18 in), with a single ejaculation estimated to be about 35 US pints (17 l; 29 imp pt), based on the size of its testes each weighing 45 to 68 kilograms (99 to 150 lb).

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Do you have any source on this because I just assumed every living thing is constantly evolving. I though humans haven't really been around nearly long enough to see any evolution.

Evolution only works due to pressure on survival and reproduction. The organisms who successfully survive and reproduce pass down their genes while those who don't, don't. This causes incremental change over time as the successful genes are passed down while the unsuccessful ones aren't.

Meanwhile, in the modern world, that has almost ceased to have any meaning. The vast majority of people survive, and whether you pass down your genes has less to do with how well you survive or how fertile you are and more to do with other unrelated factors. Therefore there are still changes happening but they are increasingly disconnected from actual traits that actually help the species survive.

Humans already would've evolved more slowly than most creatures due to the amount of time it takes us to sexually mature and therefore the wide time differences between generations, but now it goes further than that because survival has little to do with your genes anymore. I don't really have a source, sorry, just my understanding of how evolution works.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Do you have any source on this because I just assumed every living thing is constantly evolving. I thought humans haven't really been around nearly long enough to see any evolution.

Humans have evolved plenty over the last million years and anyone who says we've somehow stopped evolving doesn't know what they're talking about. Though we're probably not evolving to be smarter any more; I think most of our recent evolution has to do with disease resistance and starch digestion and other things that come along with eating grains and living crammed together in cities.

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

That's half a keg of whale semen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Play posted:

Evolution only works due to pressure on survival and reproduction. The organisms who successfully survive and reproduce pass down their genes while those who don't, don't. This causes incremental change over time as the successful genes are passed down while the unsuccessful ones aren't.

Meanwhile, in the modern world, that has almost ceased to have any meaning. The vast majority of people survive, and whether you pass down your genes has less to do with how well you survive or how fertile you are and more to do with other unrelated factors. Therefore there are still changes happening but they are increasingly disconnected from actual traits that actually help the species survive.

Humans already would've evolved more slowly than most creatures due to the amount of time it takes us to sexually mature and therefore the wide time differences between generations, but now it goes further than that because survival has little to do with your genes anymore. I don't really have a source, sorry, just my understanding of how evolution works.

So even if our evolution is not helpful, wouldn't it still be evolution regardless?