Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
This is called a Lampton and its a real word

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

It's a name. Names don't have to be words. They can be anything. Ask this guy.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

thats a lamp, idiot

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
This lamp weights 1 pound, 2 at most, you scammer. Come back when you get the real ton lamp

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

thats a lamp, idiot

Its a Lampton

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Who called it that

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos
The Lamptonites

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
a Lampt'un is actually what you are when you've been punched

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Lampten or Lamptin may be more the pronunciation if that helps the doubting morons

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

There's only one of them, and it's not made of tin.

loving scam top to bottom

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
SLUT LAMP

Grumblepuff
Dec 29, 2018

You think you taught me a lesson, babe
Betcha think you "got through to me"
No one gets through here anymore
Right
Lampton was a shy boy, even for boarding school standards. While others shined brightly, he needed to have a fire lit under him to really get to work.

"Lampton", said the Headmistress, "you will never get the golden caterpillar on St. Knobbybuts' Day unless you really give it some gas!"

"Yes, Headmistress," Lampton said flatly.

Oh, if it were only always St. Knobbybuts' Day, then I wouldn't have the world's expectations on my shoulders.

For you see, Lampton was a wizard or an actuary or some poo poo.

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
And here come the trolls rolls eyes

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Grumblepuff
Dec 29, 2018

Right
The courtyard of St. Lumens' School for Slutty Lamps was awash, as usual, with lights and sounds. Atop every tree that followed the wide walking path around the courtyard lay a stream of glittering LED lights and paper lanterns. Shouts of joy, excitement, and anticipation electrified the air with a hum of noise that some, like poor Lampton, would consider an annoyance. For most students, however, this only added to the glow of the season. The chain reaction of joy was only neutralized by the black hole of charisma that was Lampton L—.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
You can't trick me into saying lantern op

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Grumblepuff posted:

The courtyard of St. Lumens' School for Slutty Lamps was awash, as usual, with lights and sounds. Atop every tree that followed the wide walking path around the courtyard lay a stream of glittering LED lights and paper lanterns. Shouts of joy, excitement, and anticipation electrified the air with a hum of noise that some, like poor Lampton, would consider an annoyance. For most students, however, this only added to the glow of the season. The chain reaction of joy was only neutralized by the black hole of charisma that was Lampton L—.

This is electric.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I will never call it a lampton you ignorant hag

Grumblepuff
Dec 29, 2018

Right
Lampton trudged through the throngs and prongs of classmates, giving an accusing glance at the statue of the founder of St. Lumens'.

Huh, Saint Phobos Lumens. I wonder what you would think of your precious holiday. Commercialized overexcitement. Trite garbage.

He sighed and shook his head, embarrassed at his own thoughts. Lampton didn't mean these things. Being a slutty, slutty lamp as he was, he couldn't help but shine a light on a dark chapter in his life- the reason he was so sullen- on a daily basis.

Lampton was the bastard son of a noble, Squire Leon de la Neon, and the great-great-great-granddaughter of Saint Lumens, Catherine of Argonne.

And everyone knew it.

And no one let him forget it.

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Its not like its even weird its just a real word

KonMari DeathMetal
Dec 20, 2009
Lampton races sing this song!
Doo-dah! Doo-dah!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
This is called a Lampton block. The block consists of three sets of 4x4 hexagonal grids. Each grid consists of a row of 6x6 hexagon strips. Each block of hexagonal grid ends at a point of 4x4 Hexagon.

A Lampton block can be applied for 4 grid pieces. Each 6x6 hexagon strip, called a Lampton block, consists of 2 sheets of 3x3 rectangular paper. The sheets consist of 6 sheets of 8x8 rectangle paper. The two sheets in each sheet are glued in place by a plastic screwdriver or a small piece of paper. When glue is applied, the lampton block does not touch the 2 sheets of paper. It is the paper that moves the block. The lampton block will change shape if added to a surface.

The first surface of a lampton block is at the edges.

The second two sides are at the top and bottom.

The top surface is located at the lower edges.

The side that ends with an edge is connected in a 5x5 square grid with 3x3 triangles.

Next, the bottom surface of the lampton block is centered on one of the grid pieces and the top surface is centered on the right edge.

The 4x4 grid is placed into 8x8 rectangle blocks where 6 of 8 is a width of 32 bits.

The edges of the lampton block are positioned between a wooden fence that connects both sides and the wooden guard that controls the edge along the outside-to-inside crossing. There is plenty of room where the gate and the guard get into position, to prevent those who might pass the fence from hitting the rail at the opposite end of the path.

The lampton fence is designed to stay free from the outside-outside-to-inside crossing in the middle of the field. On the far end of the route on the left side of the line, there are several safety fences to keep out of this situation. The fence is set at a very high angle, making it difficult for people to get into position. Some people are also afraid of people walking through the fence, so try not to be as careless. The fencing around the edge of the fence is an indication of the position of that fence inside and outside the field.

A short-line through the center of the field is a good place to take a good look. Here, the fence is almost always a good spot for people. Don't be afraid if you see a person who is blocking past your fence at a certain time — the fence is too high to have anyone blocking and you should check. The short, tall, and hard to break line across the field will be the toughest obstacle for them to clear the field. The long, tall, and hard to break line to an adjacent field is also the most dangerous line for opposing team to cross in their opponent's opening match. In the event of a draw or game of two or more points, this usually means that your offensive team's defense will most likely take up the slack.

However, in a close game against an outside opponent, there's only so much it would take to break the line that is easily broken by your opponent's two point margin of victory. The following are eight players who may get more or less eliminated before the time runs out. They are:

1: TK and WKP

2: 2B, 2B, 2B, 2B, CFK and DRS

3: 2B, CFK, 2B, CFK, DRS

In case you missed this list, please be sure to look at our dedicated articles section to learn what you may be missing.

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Mozi posted:

This is called a Lampton block. The block consists of three sets of 4x4 hexagonal grids. Each grid consists of a row of 6x6 hexagon strips. Each block of hexagonal grid ends at a point of 4x4 Hexagon.

A Lampton block can be applied for 4 grid pieces. Each 6x6 hexagon strip, called a Lampton block, consists of 2 sheets of 3x3 rectangular paper. The sheets consist of 6 sheets of 8x8 rectangle paper. The two sheets in each sheet are glued in place by a plastic screwdriver or a small piece of paper. When glue is applied, the lampton block does not touch the 2 sheets of paper. It is the paper that moves the block. The lampton block will change shape if added to a surface.

The first surface of a lampton block is at the edges.

The second two sides are at the top and bottom.

The top surface is located at the lower edges.

The side that ends with an edge is connected in a 5x5 square grid with 3x3 triangles.

Next, the bottom surface of the lampton block is centered on one of the grid pieces and the top surface is centered on the right edge.

The 4x4 grid is placed into 8x8 rectangle blocks where 6 of 8 is a width of 32 bits.

The edges of the lampton block are positioned between a wooden fence that connects both sides and the wooden guard that controls the edge along the outside-to-inside crossing. There is plenty of room where the gate and the guard get into position, to prevent those who might pass the fence from hitting the rail at the opposite end of the path.

The lampton fence is designed to stay free from the outside-outside-to-inside crossing in the middle of the field. On the far end of the route on the left side of the line, there are several safety fences to keep out of this situation. The fence is set at a very high angle, making it difficult for people to get into position. Some people are also afraid of people walking through the fence, so try not to be as careless. The fencing around the edge of the fence is an indication of the position of that fence inside and outside the field.

A short-line through the center of the field is a good place to take a good look. Here, the fence is almost always a good spot for people. Don't be afraid if you see a person who is blocking past your fence at a certain time — the fence is too high to have anyone blocking and you should check. The short, tall, and hard to break line across the field will be the toughest obstacle for them to clear the field. The long, tall, and hard to break line to an adjacent field is also the most dangerous line for opposing team to cross in their opponent's opening match. In the event of a draw or game of two or more points, this usually means that your offensive team's defense will most likely take up the slack.

However, in a close game against an outside opponent, there's only so much it would take to break the line that is easily broken by your opponent's two point margin of victory. The following are eight players who may get more or less eliminated before the time runs out. They are:

1: TK and WKP

2: 2B, 2B, 2B, 2B, CFK and DRS

3: 2B, CFK, 2B, CFK, DRS

In case you missed this list, please be sure to look at our dedicated articles section to learn what you may be missing.

Like words cant mean more then one thing

Go eat an orange

Grumblepuff
Dec 29, 2018

Right

Mozi posted:

See, we play it with a 6x6 square grid with 3x3 triangles in the States. That is probably why people get confused when the pitchback setter can't pass it to the 2B. I know I was like, "huh, what?", when I played a game with a few chazwozzers in Leeds.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What does it do op? :thunk:

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Me working on my miniatures, only the dim light of the lampton illuminating my unwashed face.

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Lampton glowing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

What does it do op? :thunk:

It illuminates like a loving lampton

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Actually this is a lampton:

What you have in the OP is a Lamptoff.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I got a lampton stuck in my rear end one time
I was really hollerin and pullin at it pretty good because it was stuck up there real bad
Anyhow then the glass broke and started cutting up my b-hole and there was a lot of blood so my mom had to take me to the hospital and all the Doctors came and they had to cut my b-hole open to pull the lampton out of my rear end and the whole time me and my mom were both crying.

So long story short don't stick a lampton up your rear end and get it stuck and make your mom take you to the hospital and have the doctors cut your b-hole open to get it out.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Uses for a lampton:

- investigating strange noises in the attic at night
- lighting up the well for fetching a pale of water
- alerting townsfolk of British presence

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
"I have 27 AR-15 rifles and I'm scared of words" - An American said this.

I wont say i cried too and held him

Our tears glissened in the light of the single lampton

Halloween Liker fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Apr 9, 2021

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

You can take the -ton from my cold, dead, lamp

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
lampton comes alight

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

thats a lamp, idiot

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Halloween Liker posted:

It illuminates like a loving lampton

Very interesting. :haibrower:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It's actually lamptern

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Colonel Cancer posted:

It's actually lamptern

Lamptin, Lampten, Lamptern i'm sure there are regional dialects, good.

Im not Jesus

Im Not JEUS dont Crucify me!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
That’s a lamp, son

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

DarkSoulsTantrum posted: