Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
Oh, just a rhetorical question: Did any of you (the posters reading this) ever hear that story about the one internet forum where it was just one person maintaining extensive conversations with himself utilizing like 30-40 accounts for nearly a decade? Imagine if he'd done that outside of his own walled garden and all over the internet, instead. What would that look like?

Colonel Cancer posted:

Just because you have schizophrenia doesn't mean they aren't out there to get you :tinfoil:

Just because they're out to get you doesn't mean you have to give a gently caress about them lmfao

Sing Along fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Apr 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

if I leave this thread and come back a week later will the op be dead?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

Can love bloom on the battlefield?

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010
Haha that guy's crazy ramblings were fun, and it's fun to engage in suspension of disbelief for a few moments, in order to gain entertaining insights.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

OP, Al Gore “predicted” global climate change years ago, and just like your favorite conspiracy, they’re both fake news

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

We won't know till we find out! I sorta hope so, but I don't think I'm at that stage yet. I I don't continue this thread, please begin your investigations into my organization / The Diamond Dogs here:

https://boards.4chan.org/r9k/thread/63074525

The moreinfo.png image contains a series of links, which link to threads that provide further context, which link to threads that provide further context, eventually wrapping all the way back, through this thread, to the "diamond dog" thread. The 2016 8ch stuff is a little rough because of, uh the nature of that board at the time, but it's the most interesting part, to me. Lots of puzzle pieces click together there.

Context dump, please disregard:

https://twitter.com/bhangbhangducx/status/1374629944953692160

Sing Along fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Apr 11, 2021

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

quote:

Well Konami is apparently making a "zombie" one that is supposedly a hollow cash-in. but remember that TPP dangled zombies in the Shining Lights mission but then never did anything with them

He was actually right about this :tinfoil:

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
Sorry if that image dump is a problem. I tried to timg as much as possible so as not to interfere with scrolling.

Further context:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6VV7fs-p4

Lifepuzzler
Nov 5, 2009
Was Big Boss actually the REAL lightning in the rain that day?

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np02phdwrwk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXauzZ-DdOk

I'm not saying that these music videos are Diamond Dogs ops, but they sure could be!

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Lifepuzzler posted:

Was Big Boss actually the REAL lightning in the rain that day?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISPEz100FF8

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
Oh, I nearly forgot to post our video portrait:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW0wL6-PsC8

Sparknotes:

I'm not part of the deep state or the CIA, though people have asked me before. I'm actually part of the Dank State.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
If people would like to continue engaging with me I'll keep posting, but I feel like we've created enough context here to help out anybody who runs into this in the future.

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010
Metal Gear solid is real (and my friend), and he's going to post here on Tuesday

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

SSJ2 Goku Wilders posted:

Metal Gear solid is real (and my friend), and he's going to post here on Tuesday

Cool, is your uncle Hideo Kojima?

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010
no but i like your're thread

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

no but i like your're thread

thanks friend! please let me know when metal gear solid posts because i might miss it otherwise

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Sing Along posted:

If people would like to continue engaging with me I'll keep posting, but I feel like we've created enough context here to help out anybody who runs into this in the future.

Why no love for Death Stranding? It's got conspiracies and portentous mysteries too!

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Klyith posted:

Why no love for Death Stranding? It's got conspiracies and portentous mysteries too!

Haven't really had time to engage with the surface of the rabbithole lately, unfortunately. I've heard great things though!

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Cubone posted:

this just looks like a mentally ill person ascribing nonsensical webs of sinister intentionality to whatever events, pop culture ephemera, and natural phenomena they personally happen to find significant, op

granted, they're an unusually erudite, self-aware, and articulate mentally ill person, with some rather richly conceived and novel thinking, but
what makes you think 80% of this is right?
which 80%?

I'd give him the thing about the birds, that's interesting and basically is just describing memetics

the thing about media desensitization is interesting but I don't think that it holds water because there's just, a loving big differnce between fight club and budd dwyer. if anything, media savvy seems to increase awareness of the brutality of real world violence as it becomes increasingly artificial and surreal. no amount of michael bay movies will ever make you watch the police crack that old man's skull open on the sidewalk and think it's super cool

the thing about all algorithms being numbers is technically true- anything turing-computable can be represented as a string of 1's and 0's, and due to the way binary numbering works any possible string of 1's and 0's will be contained in the set of all natural numbers. hence, the existence of numbers alone contains every possible computer program for every possible turing complete operating system. that's loving interesting
BUT
I assume it's not an original thought of his, because if you have a basic understanding of automata theory then you also know that not everything is turing computable
that's a pretty tremendous oversight! the idea that life or anything in reality can truly be represented with an algorithm is a huge, unproven assumption that contradicts everything we know about computability

everything he says is riddled with thinking errors like this
like schizophrenia actually being concentrated, directed blasts of light or sound- they have to travel, dude! there's going to be atmospheric interference and they're going to be detectable by any receiver, not just human senses. that's simply not how physics works. are all second year physics students lying on behalf of the cia, or is it just that no one has ever thought to look or accidentally noticed them?
or the assumption that because we can loosely read brainwaves from the visual cortex, we can also write to them by "reversing it", which is like saying you can change someone's blood pressure by running a blood pressure monitor in reverse
or the complete misunderstanding of how digital video works and interpreting compression artifacts as people having "different faces" and poo poo

other stuff, like all previous crazy people on the forums actually being cointelpro, and anybody who thinks "metal gear mysteries" are stupid is actually a sleeper agent, are disappointingly the typical kind of unfalsifiable excuses schizophrenics and the like use to protect their delusions from questioning. of course you sound crazy- the idea craziness was invented so people wouldn't believe you! of course when you say this stuff, people start poking holes in it and making fun of you- they're in on it!

it'd be easy to mock the deranged nonsense about joe rogan being pregnant and the model who played quiet actually being anita sarkeesian and the audience at the spike tv game awards being a hologram and his plain, completely unremarkable carpet supposedly having a fractal pattern of japanese characters hidden in it and whatever episodes of black mirror and regular show he happened to catch that day also being part of the pattern and a chvrches song containing lines directly addressed to him
so I won't so that
but man it'd be pretty easy

but if I'm wrong, I hope they didn't get "Freddy Got Fingered" in their "detachable room" next to a driveway, whatever the gently caress that means

This 80% (sorry, the following text screenshot includes a homophobic slur but it was a poster on 8chan in 2016 who we have yet to conclusively identify):

I would very much like to get my hands on these chat logs. Later, in the thread, that poster starts to get concerned that their house might be EMP'd but claims to have many redundant backups. I think they're probably still out there somewhere, but we'd have to identify the poster first. We have a couple guesses, but just sending an email with like "Do you still have the chat logs?" to a hand full of people might, uh, spook them.

http://www.scpwiki.com/scp-055

;)

Sing Along fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Apr 11, 2021

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

What the gently caress is any of this.

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010
Nick mullen 11 hour coke fueled binge but it's about metal gear solid

Stuff they don't want you to know (about big boss)

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Linux Pirate posted:

What the gently caress is any of this.

a mentally ill guy who got banned in 2016, re-reged a new account, and spent the last 4 years posting in cspam and fyad

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
Nope, we are actually different people. Mods can check if they'd like. I used to post under a different account but for privacy reasons I gave it away to a friend and then spent the necessary money on forums upgrades to pay back the forums for not driving another new registration. Believe it or not, my actual work is somewhat sensitive and I've been brutally doxed before so I take somewhat, uh, unorthodox precautions to avoid a repeat.

Sing Along fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Apr 11, 2021

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Klyith posted:

a mentally ill guy who got banned in 2016, re-reged a new account, and spent the last 4 years posting in cspam and fyad

Also, I only took a brief vacation into FYAD because I had some theories I was testing and they turned out to be fairly accurate as far as the behavior of hiveminds and fractals.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
lol you do you man

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

lol you do you man

thanks man I'm just vibin

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
Thinking some fun thoughts about Magic: The Gathering.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Sing Along posted:

Thinking some fun thoughts about Magic: The Gathering.

But what if ... magic the gathering is thinking about youuuuuu?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdmODVYPDLA

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

metal gear?

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

A synthetic memetic/antimemetic fusion superweapon to surpass Metal Gear, to be more precise. The memetic equivalent of the Manhattan project if after the Trinity test they'd discovered that the bomb was actually capable of destroying the planet and then they, uh, just kept using it like in Ender's Game.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
i watched pontypool recently and i thought it was neat but i felt that the loose writing really showed irt how the mind virus jumped from victim to victim

the idea of a radio shock jock being one of the only survivors was like 'really?' cause he was the exact sort of person that would be responsible for spreading such a virus in the first place

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Nick mullen 11 hour coke fueled binge but it's about metal gear solid

Stuff they don't want you to know (about big boss)

that would be funnier than what I am reading

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Mutul Gur Tuh Phuntum Puin.

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010

kntfkr posted:

that would be funnier than what I am reading

The post op linked to, that started this whole thing was entertaining to a similar degree to nick ad hoc tying innocuous sounding words to a global child abuse ring

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer
Where do the preservative-laden hamburgers come into play?

And the metallic archaea?

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

OMFG FURRY posted:

i watched pontypool recently and i thought it was neat but i felt that the loose writing really showed irt how the mind virus jumped from victim to victim

the idea of a radio shock jock being one of the only survivors was like 'really?' cause he was the exact sort of person that would be responsible for spreading such a virus in the first place

See, that's an memetic cognitohazard. What we're dealing with is more along these lines:

quote:

memetic[REDACTED] infohelpful[REDACTED]

Layers upon layers upon layers of games, Jack.

Gáttir allar áður gangi fram um skoðast skyli, um skyggnast skyli, því að óvíst er að vita hvar óvinir sitja á fleti fyrir: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLrTfnEmGvo

Sing Along fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Apr 20, 2021

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
The Diamond Dogs aren't real, neither is the Antimemetics Department, and neither are you or I. Perhaps?

Sing Along fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Apr 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meqiM6fm-2I

Sing Along fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Apr 13, 2021