Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i only just remembered windows is cool and good and the guy who invented SSH or some poo poo purposely made it so that it doesnt work well on windows because its a security risk so of course im now doing some dumb poo poo to try and get my yubikey to work for ssh auth on WSL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i just use putty on win

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

mediaphage posted:

i just use putty on win

yes but there is still the issue of not being able to use my yubikey's private key
unlike on linux which just detects it and goes "yea gently caress it lets use that" like it should

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i can see the card in gpg4win its just an issue getting putty or WSL to actually loving use it

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

annoying to be sure but seems like a lot of tutorials with a perfunctory googlin’

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

mediaphage posted:

annoying to be sure but seems like a lot of tutorials with a perfunctory googlin’

lol
implying i havent been googling this poo poo for loving ages
they are all more or less "it just works" poo poo which does not actually work because the guide was written in 2011 or some poo poo

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

hbag posted:

lol
they are all more or less "it just works" poo poo which does not actually work because the guide was written in 2011 or some poo poo

well no, i wasn’t implying anything. but since you feel the need to be an rear end about it i see plenty of forum and blogs posts from 2018 and up talking about this very issue

https://md.ekstrandom.net/blog/2019/10/yubikey-ssh

https://superuser.com/questions/1298487/how-to-setup-ssh-putty-to-use-yubikey-openpgp-authentication

of course some of these may not work for you but none of the results i saw seemed to indicate anything like “it just works lol”

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

hbag posted:

lol

this is the correct experience

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the best one is when you google "fuel pump replacement 1997 bmw 540i" and all the links are to a bimmerforums site where somebody did an intense and perfect DIY post and hosted all the pics on Photobucket

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

the best one is when you google "fuel pump replacement 1997 bmw 540i" and all the links are to a bimmerforums site where somebody did an intense and perfect DIY post and hosted all the pics on Photobucket

lol those are the worst

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

hbag posted:

lol

now i get the avi

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Ansible Adams posted:

now i get the avi

i still dont i guess i need to lurk more

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

never even touched docker before so im currently reading up on how to mount these volumes to work with it so i can actually configure poo poo

https://nuskooler.github.io/enigma-bbs/installation/docker.html

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

hbag posted:

i can see the card in gpg4win its just an issue getting putty or WSL to actually loving use it

wsl cant access usb, i set it up to work with my yubiket but you’re not going to like the solution because it involves a tool that creates a unix pipe from a windows socket and some other tools.

windows loving sucks

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
sounds more like you need to stop using legacy tools so you dont need linux anymore

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
yubikeys rule

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah but what do you need a linux for?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

yubikeys are loving great i use mine as 2FA for my keeper account
so even if the fuckers get my password they cant get in without it

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
i use mine specifically as ssh keys, ive never used any of the 2fa stuff

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i have two yubikeys, both fips, one at home and one on my lanyard, op

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i also have some old pre-fips ones i don’t use!!!

Captain Pike
Jul 29, 2003

I must be misunderstanding something because why aren't you using ssh directly in Windows Terminal?

https://www.howtogeek.com/336775/how-to-enable-and-use-windows-10s-built-in-ssh-commands/

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/windows-terminal/9n0dx20hk701?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

In Terminal, you can make ssh shorcuts, so you can click the new-tab button, then select like "YOSPOS BBS" and it will connect.

edit: Oh it has something to do with a weirdo key or something ok

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

yeah for now im just using a password until i can figure that poo poo out

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

:five:

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

goatse yospos logo combo login screen or broke

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

currently building glibc manually because of course apt cant find it lmao
all this just so i can get the bbs running LORD

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
:thunk:

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

hate
hate
hate
hate

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

can you put kyrandia on there? thanks

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i
what

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

errno numbers is a fine and good general error handling mechanism.

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

hbag posted:

hate
hate
hate
hate

you're probably missing the glibc dev package

sudo apt install libc6-dev

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Zlodo posted:

you're probably missing the glibc dev package

sudo apt install libc6-dev

nope. i checked that too.
the readmes for this poo poo are incredibly outdated too so lmao

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
good luck, op. hope you get it running and then have your aneurysm and not the other way around

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

apparently i am missing /etc/ld-linux.so.2
and i have no idea where to get it

maybe i do have it but its somewhere else idfk

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

hbag posted:

apparently i am missing /etc/ld-linux.so.2
and i have no idea where to get it

maybe i do have it but its somewhere else idfk

this is the dynamic linker, its path is stored in the binary

and nowadays it seems that it lives in /lib32/ld-linux.so.2, or /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 for the 64 bit version

maybe try to create a symlink to that?

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i am certainly enjoying this spectacle.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

will get local doors working eventually but for now we're pretty much only gonna have door servers

i say "only" but door servers tend to be fuckhuge so

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Yeah isn't there that one network that basically has hosted games and we just set up one gateway and people can go play everything on them?

Forget the name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Jonny 290 posted:

Yeah isn't there that one network that basically has hosted games and we just set up one gateway and people can go play everything on them?

Forget the name

several, yeah
although that does mean our user's scores will be mixed in with complete strangers so idk if anyone cares about that
local doors will always be the superior dick-waving contests so im gonna get some of those set up if i can