Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

hbag posted:

i
what

Was about to say -- you're trying to run either a musl libc binary on a glibc system, or a glibc binary on a musl libc system, this is not going to work.

Is the operating system of the server alpine linux? If yes, you can try to install glibc-compat, although in my experience it is not very useful. I would suggest rebuilding the binary that you need from source, or fetching it from the repositories.

For reference, I filed an explanation of this incompatibility between system libcs as an issue in the spotifyd repository -- see if the physical symptoms of the problem match yours:

quote:

quote:

17:31 alx$ ./spotifyd --help
/bin/mksh: ./spotifyd: No such file or directory
17:31 alx$ file spotifyd
spotifyd: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2, for GNU/Linux 3.2.0, BuildID[sha1]=390a4e2257311a539b75aad70dfc68a97ef05707, with debug_info, not stripped
17:32 alx$ ls -l spotifyd
-rwxr-xr-x 1 alx alx 18349168 Jan 24 2020 spotifyd
17:32 alx$ ./spotifyd --verbose
/bin/mksh: ./spotifyd: No such file or directory

As you can see the interpreter is interpreter /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2, this directory does not exist on my system. Where the default is /lib/ for 64 bit. In addition, the ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 binary does not exist on my system, as the loader is ld-musl-x86_64.so.1:

quote:

17:35 alx$ ls /lib64/
ls: cannot access '/lib64/': No such file or directory
17:36 alx$ ls /lib/ld-musl-x86_64.so.1
/lib/ld-musl-x86_64.so.1
17:36 alx$

When the package gcompat, which provides /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2, is installed, you instead get the following error:

quote:

17:41 alx$ ./spotifyd --verbose
Error relocating /home/alx/spotifyd: __res_init: symbol not found

alexandriao fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Apr 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

alexandriao posted:

Was about to say -- you're trying to run either a musl libc binary on a glibc system, or a glibc binary on a musl libc system, this is not going to work.

Is the operating system of the server alpine linux? If yes, you can try to install glibc-compat, although in my experience it is not very useful. I would suggest rebuilding the binary that you need from source, or fetching it from the repositories.

For reference, I filed an explanation of this incompatibility between system libcs as an issue in the spotifyd repository -- see if the physical symptoms of the problem match yours:

As you can see the interpreter is interpreter /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2, this directory does not exist on my system. Where the default is /lib/ for 64 bit. In addition, the ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 binary does not exist on my system, as the loader is ld-musl-x86_64.so.1:

When the package gcompat, which provides /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2, is installed, you instead get the following error:

[/quote]

yeah i uh

figured it out
maybe

its whatever ill work on it tomorrow

but on the plus side

the board is now connected to MRC - like IRC but across different BBSes

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
oh gently caress yes good job

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Jonny 290 posted:

oh gently caress yes good job

i mean all it was was changing a false to a true in the config

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

drat those fyad boys hit me with another banger

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

hbag posted:

i mean all it was was changing a false to a true in the config

yeah but you needed to know to do that

usually the fix is simple but finding wtf to fix is hard

take your wins where you can

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Gentle Autist posted:

yeah but you needed to know to do that

usually the fix is simple but finding wtf to fix is hard

take your wins where you can

i knew how to do it because the config file is filled with genuinely helpful comments telling me "hey turn this to this to do this"
the dev is a good man

pre:
    chatServers: {
        // multi relay chat settings. No need to sign up, just enable it.
        // More info: https://bbswiki.bottomlessabyss.net/index.php?title=MRC_Chat_platform
        mrc: {
            enabled: true
            serverHostname: mrc.bottomlessabyss.net
            serverPort: 5000
        }
    }

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

hbag posted:

drat those fyad boys hit me with another banger

very nice

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

not a bbs, but this is probably the place to ask: has there ever been a yospos MUD?

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
You find yourself in an amber hellscape.

>>> click icon

Everything turns green. You are fine.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

TimWinter posted:

You find yourself in an amber hellscape.

>>> click icon

Everything turns green. You are fine.

it'd be the opposite of this though, because amberpos is better than greenpos

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Pardot posted:

it'd be the opposite of this though, because amberpos is better than greenpos

does it hurt to be this wrong

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

alright we got a DNS and all that poo poo set up but i think we're gonna wait until there's a few doors up and maybe the custom theme's somewhat done before i post the address

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

hbag posted:

alright we got a DNS and all that poo poo set up but i think we're gonna wait until there's a few doors up and maybe the custom theme's somewhat done before i post the address

:allears:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

hbag posted:

take a VM snapshot and post the address coward

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I mean, if you turn the goon horde loose on this you'll basically need to restore it fresh every day anyway lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
patience patience we're working hard

it just took me three god drat hours to get this working

i gotta tweak a few things so that more than one person can play at a time but its onnnnnnnn

also I gotta duplicate that setup so we can have the shitposty LORD with a bunch of goons as monsters. whole new crop.

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

I had a lot of fun getting all my nerd-rear end high school interns to use the old jquast/x84 python BBS to get access to the private Plex share and CLI torrenting.

Really got them stoked to use real computers, can’t wait to get up on this

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
got the art tools back out

lol

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Jonny 290 posted:

lol

nice

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonny 290 posted:

lol

this is great

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i was looking through the files areas of some other boards to find some door games to add and uh

w
what

Berkshire Hunts
Nov 5, 2009
when you really need a red dragon that fucks

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

just like the normal game except hornier

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i think people have rewritten lord in more modern langs to not be so cishet so you can eventually seduce either violet or seth able regardless of your gender

its not compatible with this old bbs poo poo tho

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Jonny 290 posted:

i think people have rewritten lord in more modern langs to not be so cishet so you can eventually seduce either violet or seth able regardless of your gender

its not compatible with this old bbs poo poo tho

isnt enigma pretty modern software? like, written in 2017 or whatever

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
oh its brand new but it still pretends to be an old bbs as far as the interfaces go.

like what we're fuckin with this weekend, the door drop files and fake com ports and poo poo

all the new school rewrites are usually just like browser JS or w/e

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

personally trying to figure out how to change the appearance of the data that the bbs software puts in your ANSI art
like it's represented in the .ANS files as %XM1 for example, but... i have no idea how to change what that looks like, or how to determine what tag represents what data
blegh

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

nevermind im a colossal dumbass theres an entire page in the docs on it
https://nuskooler.github.io/enigma-bbs/art/mci.html

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

since the general bbs scene will probably find it as everyone's BBS address is advertised in the MRC chat, i made a goon group to determine who is and isnt a goon
considering making a YOSPOS group too in case anyone from other boards feels like joining but i figured id ask here first to see how elitist you want me to be about it

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

ah poo poo
mystic has some pretty neat features but we're using enigma
i dont know if it's at all possible to port the file index reader and all that poo poo from mystic, ill look into it

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

hbag posted:

since the general bbs scene will probably find it as everyone's BBS address is advertised in the MRC chat, i made a goon group to determine who is and isnt a goon
considering making a YOSPOS group too in case anyone from other boards feels like joining but i figured id ask here first to see how elitist you want me to be about it

wouldn't worry too much, excessive use is unlikely to be a problem for this thing

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
mystic's neat. we ran it one season
other times we ran synchronet and the last run was x84

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Jonny 290 posted:

mystic's neat. we ran it one season
other times we ran synchronet and the last run was x84

how difficult would you say it'd be to switch over to mystic? there seems to be much more support for it, plus more addons n poo poo
e: not saying we SHOULD btw

hbag fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Apr 18, 2021

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
sure thats fine whatever you wanna work with. i can go back to the earllier snapshot (i might gently caress with enigma on the side so im gonna snapshot where we're at now for later goofing)

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

nah lets stick with enigma i dont wanna switch poo poo up just as im getting the hang of it
i just need to figure out how to change the appearance of MCI codes (if you log in now you'll notice the 'last callers' list has a black background instead of matching the art i made) and also how to set up doors - like 'bargame' in drive_c for example

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
look for the 'mci' blocks in the theme.hjson file. i think that styling stuff is defined there

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Jonny 290 posted:

look for the 'mci' blocks in the theme.hjson file. i think that styling stuff is defined there

ah right i see
cool ill get some art done soon then
its gonna suck but its a start

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
word. i might be on sporadically workin on things but im trying to hold off, past couple days of hackin has flared up my RSI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

yyyyyyyyyeah the colour codes dont seem to be working
like for example

pre:
			fullLoginSequenceWhosOnline: {
				mci: {
					VM1: {
						height: 10,
						width: 20
						itemFormat: "|03|18{node:<6.6}|11{userName:<17.17}|03{affils:<19.19}|11{action:<20.20}|03{timeOn:<8}"
					}
				}
			}
this SHOULD give VM1 a green background buuut... it doesn't. it sticks with its regular black background

e: i am in fact a big stinky moron who was editing the wrong thing

hbag fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Apr 18, 2021