Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Sasha Banks did the intro for the 2022 CFP National Championship and it was cool, Go Dawgs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

RealityWarCriminal posted:

leaving and coming back is the best way to prove your worth. this is empirically true (Brock, Cody, Rock, nWo, flair, etc., etc.). If Mox ever goes back he'll be huge.

he's never going back lol please read his book

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Mox definitely seems like he's concerned about proving his worth to Vince.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

1glitch0 posted:

I just looked up The Mandolorian and she was in it for 2 random episodes? The way people always talk around her I seriously thought she was a secondary main character. lmfao. Yeah there's no reason to think that would lead to anything. Punk is much bigger than Sasha and is good in his role on Mayans but I doubt Hollywood is breaking down his door to offer him big roles. If that's her backup plan good luck to her.

And yeah, people keep saying any wrestling company would hire her, but who? Aside from AEW who else is going to pay her what she would want?

drat dude we gotta get you in touch with her. sounds like she needs a mentor.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It’s ok for Vince to make you travel for weeks on end stringing you along in hopes of TV time. But the moment an “independent contractor” says gently caress off and walks it’s a bad thing that needs to be called out on national tv for.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!

little munchkin posted:

I think they basically outed themselves as not liking Sasha so they probably wouldn't be a good mentor for her, giving her all kinds of bad advice and whatnot

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Sasha's going to jump to Disney and make Star Wars good

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

little munchkin posted:

Sorry, can't. I have a full-time job as Keith Lee's doctor.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

"what are you gonna do, walk out?" - guy who got walked out on

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

JT Smiley posted:

You'd have to be insane to think there's a pro wrestling company out there that wouldn't jump to sign Sasha Banks the second her 90 days are up.

I don't think Big Japan would want to sign her.

WWE letting Sasha go despite her being one of the few people on the roster who actually boosts ratings (or so I've heard, I'm not looking into ratings like that) is very funny. And if she does leave obviously she's going to AEW & is instantly the standout star as well as one of the top workers.

She should do a 6-12 month Japan tour before that but it won't happen.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Let's say Tony is interested in Sasha and Naomi (of couse he is he'd be dumb not to negotiate). You think this would cause them to have AEW Women's Tag Team titles? I would see that being the case. Make a big tourney or do some angle where they claim to be this division's tag champs and dare any teams to challenge them. Not sure if an angle like that could work, I'm just throwing stuff out there.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Waffleopolis posted:

Let's say Tony is interested in Sasha and Naomi (of couse he is he'd be dumb not to negotiate). You think this would cause them to have AEW Women's Tag Team titles? I would see that being the case. Make a big tourney or do some angle where they claim to be this division's tag champs and dare any teams to challenge them. Not sure if an angle like that could work, I'm just throwing stuff out there.

I'd hazard a guess that AEW Women's Tag Team titles have already been made.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
AEW absolutely needs women's tag titles

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Pylons posted:

I'd hazard a guess that AEW Women's Tag Team titles have already been made.

Wouldn't surprise me. There's official trios titles made yet to be introduced, same could be said for this.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Elephant Ambush posted:

Been banging that drum for a while. There are also a bunch of women that need poo poo to do other than endlessly spinning their wheels like Nyla Rose, Diamante, The Bunny, Penelope Ford, etc.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
AEW needs more than one womens match a show

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Lid posted:

DoN has like 3-4 doesn't it?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!

Lid posted:

They have several on Dark and Elevation :v:

Also I'd say that given the number of high-profile women's division workers that have just up and walked out on/quit WWE recently due to bad booking ideas, AEW is still handling its women's division far better than WWE is handling theirs

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

flashy_mcflash posted:

I think they might run the semifinals on dynamite and rampage and only have the finals at DON.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

I think they might run the semifinals on dynamite and rampage and only have the finals at DON.

They're also doing a TBS title match and a Women's title match. So yes, there are 3.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

flashy_mcflash posted:

3 scheduled at DoN

Jade vs Anna Jay, The Owen final and Rosa vs Deeb.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Y'know, I was always kinda skeptical about the notion that Steph had any kind of positive influence on the women's division, but with the direction new NXT is headed in and the fact that she's left, maybe...?

Either that or Hunter had more respect for women than you woulda guessed

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
To be fair DoN is shaping up to be 6 hours long so it's just maintaining the normal ratio of matches

Elephant Ambush posted:

AEW doesn't need women's tag titles, and as WWE has shown, just because more titles exist doesn't guarantee more meaningful airtime for the women. Creating tag titles without a strong plan in place to ensure they're consistently featured on TV would be a pretty big mistake, and I think building a women's tag team division more or less from scratch would be difficult for anyone, let alone a company that's had struggles building a women's singles division

That being said: If a Sasha-level star comes to you and says "I'll sign if you do women's tag titles" then you do what they ask and you bust your rear end to make it a legit part of your TV show

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Gavok posted:

It's a male model thing. You wouldn't understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTRcskwiRRA

huh i never saw where they got that sample from

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Lid posted:

This too

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The “womens evolution” was a PR stunt to babyface Hunter and Steph. Look at NXT 2.0 if you want to see the future of the womens main roster in WWE

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Sasha is joining the IDF

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

xbilkis posted:

To be fair DoN is shaping up to be 6 hours long so it's just maintaining the normal ratio of matches

AEW doesn't need women's tag titles, and as WWE has shown, just because more titles exist doesn't guarantee more meaningful airtime for the women. Creating tag titles without a strong plan in place to ensure they're consistently featured on TV would be a pretty big mistake, and I think building a women's tag team division more or less from scratch would be difficult for anyone, let alone a company that's had struggles building a women's singles division

That being said: If a Sasha-level star comes to you and says "I'll sign if you do women's tag titles" then you do what they ask and you bust your rear end to make it a legit part of your TV show

Especially since we're getting Trios titles and there's a whole slate of ROH titles currently being defended on TV.

But I do think having tag titles would be nice, and having some of the unused women be in the tag division would be good for the development.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
i like what they did but i woulda liked it more if they had gone out like Gail Kim instead

now thats a way to hit the bricks worthy of dasharez0ne

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
AEW debuting Sasha and Naomi to win a tournament for new Tag Titles would be the funniest thing, so I definitely hope it happens. Especially if they could somehow make it happen while whatever tournament WWE throws together is still happening or just ended.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i've been checking for updates for 3 years

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Lol I never noticed the people in the background before. What kinda red room poo poo is going on? Everyone looks miserable

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

jackofarcades posted:

Especially since we're getting Trios titles and there's a whole slate of ROH titles currently being defended on TV.

But I do think having tag titles would be nice, and having some of the unused women be in the tag division would be good for the development.

The solution to unused women is not always to throw another title in the mix for them to fight over. The problem is booking in general, on AEW and WWE's part, where every single feud is this so basic and a boring champion vs challenger story. Where the challenger loses and they go to the back of the line.

You need like six people that seem on the same level and could all viably win the title during any title match. Think 1999 when we had Mankind, Rock, Austin, Undertaker, Big Show, and Triple H in the world title scene. Or the Smackdown Six.

You get into these situations now where the people have been booked so horribly you just don't care about them anymore. They're not winning, and if they do it doesn't matter.

Anyway... just realized that with Charlotte, Sasha, and Naomi gone, Smackdown is down to 1 Champion and 6 Challenges. And they all look like jokes.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That DICK! posted:

Lol I never noticed the people in the background before. What kinda red room poo poo is going on? Everyone looks miserable

They're being forced to watch WWE

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Astro7x posted:

The solution to unused women is not always to throw another title in the mix for them to fight over.

It's this. As it is adding tag belts to AEW women's division would just mean one extra story competing for the one match per Dynamite the women get

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Astro7x posted:

The solution to unused women is not always to throw another title in the mix for them to fight over. The problem is booking in general, on AEW and WWE's part, where every single feud is this so basic and a boring champion vs challenger story. Where the challenger loses and they go to the back of the line.

You need like six people that seem on the same level and could all viably win the title during any title match. Think 1999 when we had Mankind, Rock, Austin, Undertaker, Big Show, and Triple H in the world title scene. Or the Smackdown Six.

You get into these situations now where the people have been booked so horribly you just don't care about them anymore. They're not winning, and if they do it doesn't matter.

Anyway... just realized that with Charlotte, Sasha, and Naomi gone, Smackdown is down to 1 Champion and 6 Challenges. And they all look like jokes.

Counterpoint: Champion vs. Challenger works just fine for puro promotions. I just care about good matches for the most part.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

forkboy84 posted:

I don't think Big Japan would want to sign her.

WWE letting Sasha go despite her being one of the few people on the roster who actually boosts ratings (or so I've heard, I'm not looking into ratings like that) is very funny. And if she does leave obviously she's going to AEW & is instantly the standout star as well as one of the top workers.

She should do a 6-12 month Japan tour before that but it won't happen.

Sasha has talked a bunch about wanting to wrestle in Japan before and she was training with Sendai Girls like three years ago. I think a Japan tour seems pretty likely for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Sasha should join Las Fresas de Egoistas