Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Happy Birthday Jose!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

it's Jose's birthday? gently caress i didn't get him anything.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Give him a thumb, as a treat.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Ty

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Collateral posted:

thumb up the bum

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Happy birthday man!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Jose happy birth

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Can't believe you're 69 years young. Nice.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
Credible sources say that his name is actually pronounced JOE-se

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Not at all in the spirit of sucking up, happy birthday Jose!

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Icept posted:

Credible sources say that his name is actually pronounced JOE-se

Jose and the pussycats

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

It's also Muhammad's birthday!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Billions of years ago, a nearby star (in relative astronomical terms) exploded in a supernova, which charged up a lingering multi-lightyear large cloud of gas. Over the millennia, the gas began to condense, and as it condensed it spun, and as it spun it compressed until the sun was born. Within that cloud of gas, protoplanets emerged, and smashed into each other for millions of years until equilibrium set in and a rotation was established. On the third planet, molten rock and lava raged towards the heavens, until a comet landed on it with amino acids and water, and boom! Life emerged, and as it ate each other and the planets around it, they evolved. Life began to rule the sea, and become extinct.

One day, a fish decided they had enough of water, and walked on land. The lush forests ahead of it, they quickly retreated. But generations on, they crept more inland. Trees blossomed, flowers bloomed. The fish became insects, and insects became other insects. The dinosaurs came, and ruled the land for millions of years. And then, one fateful day, a 6 mile long meteor, long twirling around the sun as if toying with us, came smashing down, nearly obliterating the earth. But life survived. With the death of the dinosaurs, mammals came to be. As they evolved, they slowly grew upright, until one day, a mammal realized that smashing a clam with a rock yielded impressive meat! That mammal taught others, and soon they began wandering out of Africa, towards what the rest of the world has to offer. They hunted animals, built cities. Great civilizations rose and fell: Egypt. The Persians. Greece. Rome. The Byzantines. With each passing generation humanity grew and grew. Wars were fought over simple strips of land and resources. Cities grew and foundered, returned to the desert. Great technologies were created: metalworking, farming, gunpowder, airplanes, cars, computers, the internet. Great eras rose suddenly: The Renaissance, the Scientific revolution, the Enlightenment, the Nuclear Age, the Age of Information.

You, Jose, are the product of billions of years of happenstance, and trillions of lucky decisions. If your ancestors had been 10 miles closer to the comet, you they may have been obliterated. If the comet had been 4 miles wider, life could not exist. If your ancestor in 1230 took a left turn instead of a right down that road, you would not be here to read this comment. Because of what came before, you are a mod on the Something Awful Dot Com forums, reading this post by user "low key sex master".

Happy birthday. Hope it's a good one.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

low key sex master posted:

Billions of years ago, a nearby star (in relative astronomical terms) exploded in a supernova, which charged up a lingering multi-lightyear large cloud of gas. Over the millennia, the gas began to condense, and as it condensed it spun, and as it spun it compressed until the sun was born. Within that cloud of gas, protoplanets emerged, and smashed into each other for millions of years until equilibrium set in and a rotation was established. On the third planet, molten rock and lava raged towards the heavens, until a comet landed on it with amino acids and water, and boom! Life emerged, and as it ate each other and the planets around it, they evolved. Life began to rule the sea, and become extinct.

One day, a fish decided they had enough of water, and walked on land. The lush forests ahead of it, they quickly retreated. But generations on, they crept more inland. Trees blossomed, flowers bloomed. The fish became insects, and insects became other insects. The dinosaurs came, and ruled the land for millions of years. And then, one fateful day, a 6 mile long meteor, long twirling around the sun as if toying with us, came smashing down, nearly obliterating the earth. But life survived. With the death of the dinosaurs, mammals came to be. As they evolved, they slowly grew upright, until one day, a mammal realized that smashing a clam with a rock yielded impressive meat! That mammal taught others, and soon they began wandering out of Africa, towards what the rest of the world has to offer. They hunted animals, built cities. Great civilizations rose and fell: Egypt. The Persians. Greece. Rome. The Byzantines. With each passing generation humanity grew and grew. Wars were fought over simple strips of land and resources. Cities grew and foundered, returned to the desert. Great technologies were created: metalworking, farming, gunpowder, airplanes, cars, computers, the internet. Great eras rose suddenly: The Renaissance, the Scientific revolution, the Enlightenment, the Nuclear Age, the Age of Information.

You, Jose, are the product of billions of years of happenstance, and trillions of lucky decisions. If your ancestors had been 10 miles closer to the comet, you they may have been obliterated. If the comet had been 4 miles wider, life could not exist. If your ancestor in 1230 took a left turn instead of a right down that road, you would not be here to read this comment. Because of what came before, you are a mod on the Something Awful Dot Com forums, reading this post by user "low key sex master".

Happy birthday. Hope it's a good one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIy_RXX_VLE

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Collateral posted:

the thumb's from both of us

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Many years ago today something grew inside of your mother
That thing was you

The General
Mar 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsQO1jOXLeg

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Wow Happy Birthday, glad you came out of your mom's vag
or her belly

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Happy birthday man :toot:

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Happeeeyyyy BirthhhhDaaaayyyyyy, Jose!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You did it Jose.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
It's amazing how this guy is a GBS mod without ever posting it or anything for years it's genuinely impressive.

I like Jose don't get me wrong. His hurricane thread was epic and one of the very best threads that I got to participate in just a teeny bit live, I'm just saying I'm impressed.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

jose posts dross or twitter links or single words like thirty times a day

are you thinking of genesplicer?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Colonel Cancer posted:

Many years ago today something grew inside of your mother
That thing was you

:rock:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Spinz posted:

It's amazing how this guy is a GBS mod without ever posting it or anything for years it's genuinely impressive.

This is a strict adherence to Platonic values, as only those who do not seek posting are qualified to moderate posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

jose posts dross or twitter links or single words like thirty times a day

are you thinking of genesplicer?

Here in GBS?? Also nevermind, just thought it was funny

Spinz fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Apr 12, 2021