Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I started watching the show after glimpsing this thread, now I'm hooked like nobody else's business. :f5:

I laughed until I cried with that bit from the beginning of episode 3. I can't wait until episode 5!

Kung Food posted:

I'm also leaning towards all the animal people being in Odokawa's head. The conversation with the doctor that went: "What do I look like to you?" "A gorilla," "Well you aren't wrong," seems a huge clue. It's just not a conversation they would have if the doctor was actually a gorilla. That and a nurse laughing at being called an Alpaca. Maybe the car crash the policeman flashed back to was the cause of his mental break?

Yeah, at least going by the subtitles, the language seems to be rather evasive or obfuscating at times. I think that there's definitely something deeper at work here than what's being said on the surface level that will be revealed over time.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 16:36 on May 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Mix. posted:

lmao kakihana's downward spiral is gonna explode if this keeps up

dont loving take a loan out from the yakuza to go on what is very obviously some kind of phishing/scam date with a barely 18 year old what the gently caress are you doing

Also, doesn't tako = octopus = stupid in Japanese? Even the show is riffing on this as a really bad idea.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

He's gonna end up murdered or in jail by the end of this.

Yeah, given his behavior of immediately cooperating with a mob boss when he's not even involved with the conversation is setting him perfectly as an actual fall guy later.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 01:53 on May 4, 2021

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
When do new episodes drop? I'm itching for a new episode. :f5:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Qwertycoatl posted:

I think he is trying to fix things. Borrow more money, go gambling with it hoping to make up enough to pay off his debts. What could go wrong?

I mean, that isn't too far removed from pinning your hopes on lottery tickets to buy up idol band CDs, so he's not the only one.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Personal_Nirvana posted:

Yano is pure gold.

:yeah:

E: God, I can't stop thinking about Yano. What a guy.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 00:22 on May 20, 2021

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Kung Food posted:

And the one person tying them all together is a man with no obsessions, who is content to live a lonely life driving his cab around and occasionally eating at his favorite diner with his monkey bros.

Something about the latest episode tells me that's not quite the case.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
At this point, I don't think it's a question of whether the cast is hosed or not but who is gonna run headlong into a bullet first or if everybody's gonna die at the same time Godfather-style.

E:

MachuPikacchu posted:

Man, having Kakihana call his mother and say good bye was ice cold.

Not only that, but Yano giggling as he did it. Jesus.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 00:45 on May 26, 2021

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Something I haven't seen commented on yet:

When Dobu and the polar bear yakuza guy are fighting, Odokawa specifically points about how it's in human nature to fight even though to the viewer they are clearly seen as animals. Also, in Kakihana's flashback as a kid the adult figures are clearly human, albeit with the camera only showing them from the neck down.

Does this all imply that Odokawa only began disassociating people as animals starting from adolescence onwards? Perhaps there's something about his imposed isolation that warped his brain growing up that we'll find out more about as Dr. Goriki continues his investigation into Odokawa's background.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
MHG stands for Missing Highschool Girl, right?

Also, I'm really bad at matching Japanese names to specific characters besides like Odokawa and Dobu. :ohdear:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

LostRook posted:

The Daimons are twins, I fully expect that Odokawa spilled info to the wrong one at some point. They seem like the only two that could fool his animal sense. Especially with the constant "Are you secretly smart?" stuff that's been dropped a couple times.

Something's definitely going to go wrong with the heist operation, it's just a matter of what and when.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Yeah, next week seems like the big heist and it's going to get messed up by Big Damon and the psycho guy.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Talorat posted:

Have we met Donraku yet? I only remember his name from being on the flowchart in the OP.

Isn't he also the guy on the eraser?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Some predictions for the last two episodes (spoilering just in case):

The heist goes wrong due to Big Daimon and Tanaka. Tanaka shoots Odokawa in the head but survives.

In the last episode, they do surgery to remove the bullet. When Odokawa wakes up from surgery, he can see everyone as normal people again and they retroactively explain how Odokawa came to see everyone as animals due to the effect of drowning and asphyxiation on his brain as a child with his parents' double suicide attempt.

E: ^^^I kept thinking Don-chan was referring to someone high up in Yakuza chain of command, like a Mafia Don, not as a diminutive for Donraku.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jun 15, 2021

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
When the Donraku eraser fell out of Odokawa's pocket, I audibly gasped and my mouth was left hanging open. :aaaaa:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Oh my god. Yano stopped rapping.

I couldn't stop laughing at this, plus Dobu driving their van away and leaving them flabbergasted. Of all the things for the polar bear Yakuza to focus on, it had to be the lack of rhyming. :roflolmao:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I'm a little confused now.

What was Fake Yuki's motive for killing real Yuki? I guess she's going around murdering people who could tie her to the murder? I thought her motive was jealousy from being fourth place at the auditions, but from her last phone call I guess she's just a serial killer failing downwards as an excuse to murder people? :confused:

Regardless, what a fantastic show! Bravo! :golfclap:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Something else that I found funny:

The blue hippo guy was taking a selfie just before the taxi launched off the expressway after which he swung around to try and snap some photos for his second attempt at a big viral breakout hit. It's implied he hosed up and took more selfies instead. :mmmhmm:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

This is amazing. :swoon:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Ignis posted:

Ep is out in Japan, watch out for spoilers (and i really do mean that)

Voice drama is out as well absolutely do not listen to this before the episode https://youtu.be/HTBTt7EzpIA

Is there an English translation for this? I don't know Japanese.

Also, do these audio dramas add to or extend the show in some way? I haven't been listening to these.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Oxxidation posted:

this girl's an eager beaver

I see what you did there. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!