Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm not sure who it is but got a preview for next months stuff Gorgeous rerun is listed as a start of the month thing, and there's one new event story midway in. Tried looking into who the characters are for it but it looks like it's just the protags normally. NISA Might be added? I'm not really sure- but if not not expecting a whole lot.

E: Btw the halloween units are outdated and trash and the event is going to be a direct copy paste not worth anyones time outside clearing it so uh, time to save AP I guess.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Oct 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Halloween event not gonna have nether essence and golden prinnies like the current asagi rerun?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

A Cup of Ramen posted:

Halloween event not gonna have nether essence and golden prinnies like the current asagi rerun?

From what I've heard nope. Not even reincarnation statues.

It's a total copy paste as of right now

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Also be sure to do item world when you get the chance, there is an event that increases the drop chance of legendary items, but it's still a really low drop chance. :P

Additionally, are there any written guides for Etna's Resort and how to get the most out of it? I am very confused by it and how it works, and the in-game help doesn't work.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I don't think so, but if you have any specific questions can try to help out!

Also new code: HAYZBESTSTRT

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Reused raid is dogshit lmao, caps at 9999 and has mediocre rewards

This is genuinely embarrassing

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

First raid I can max out score at least lmao.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wish the older content wouldnt come back up. Its not designed for the current level cap so the rewards are pointless.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I wouldn't mind if they at least included modern convenience features. The lack of auto battle for event missions is inescusable, oof. It's an unfortunate reminder that this is not exactly a big budget game here.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Putting it out there but they redid the entire battle pass system and how to earn points and it's all for the better.

On the paid side
Pros-
+2 Abyss Keys
+50 Super Reincarnation NE's (Total of 100)
+Increased amount of Pots/Quartz on some steps

Cons:
- Halloween Majorita is actual garbage, and they just got done giving her away why is she here
- Comically, on the free side and paid side one of the steps is just 1 lvl 5 reincarnation statue (???)

I'd say it's worth it just for the Abyss Keys tbh if you were looking to spend any money on the game.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

We might be getting NISA early, just as a heads up. The staff kinda knows that people are falling off with all the nothing going on.

That said new battlepass poll
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdSasggO8UY4tSymsDyTmMYxAwcbPXiSotUG5sci8FtvQ-Sfw/viewform

Voted Omega/Tria/Swim Fuka personally

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Need more events and ways to earn AP potions, and quartz. I am all out of both.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Todays the last day of NISA being around. Pulled for a friend and got 2 of her on pull 3 when it took me 7 :argh:

Next month will have Santa Lieze on the 8th, and Santa Sera on the 15th as a plat unit. Our badass of the month will also be Supreme Girlharl but they're still debating on when to schedule her last I saw.

Dunno much about Lieze but Sera is a incredible fire damage magic support so if your favorite units are fire based you might wanna get her. (Also JP keeps adding more and more Fire DPS so who knows). Supreme Girlharl is a water DPS spear user that I don't have much to say on other than a generic 'yeah she's good.'

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finally a new event.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is there a certain point where it's not worth it to Super Reincarnate your characters anymore? Or try to do it as much as possible until you max?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I said come in! posted:

Is there a certain point where it's not worth it to Super Reincarnate your characters anymore? Or try to do it as much as possible until you max?

JP recently upped it to 20 so I'd hold off on stats you don't really need.

Like if a unit is going to be spamming support skills and healing you probably don't want to care about raising ATK or INT. Or if it's a DPS unit you might want to focus only on their method of attack.
Not gonna have Calamity Adell casting fire spells and whatnot

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

EOS soon most likely, don't spend money on the game. BT is going to do a rugpull and they've already stopped answering all inquires

There's no roadmap for this month and they fired all the customer service people and have gone completely radio silent. BT's been surprise killing all their games so Disgaea is most likely next

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

They're going to keep it alive for a very small bit then kill it. Most likely keeping lights on so the korean version can catch up to where we are then die instantly

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
How much does running one of these games cost that they gotta get taken down rather than sit in a content drought and continue to take in the trickle of money from remaining whales and new players?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

They're going to keep it alive for a very small bit then kill it. Most likely keeping lights on so the korean version can catch up to where we are then die instantly

:sigh:

This was the only good mobile game in my opinion. I have played it every single day since it launched, and it seems like a lot of people are still playing it too judging by the PvP and raids. But as an outsider I really have no way of knowing that. At least I haven't been spending any money on DRPG, but maybe that was the problem. Not that I alone could justify to the devs to keep the lights on. This is extremely frustrating. So many of these games are just going offline forever now. I've already made it a point to no longer invest in anymore games as a service / online only titles, especially mobile games.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

jp server still seems to be up at least

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My understanding is that DRPG is not going down just yet, no official announcement has been made, but that it might be happening real soon.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I said come in! posted:

My understanding is that DRPG is not going down just yet, no official announcement has been made, but that it might be happening real soon.

They closed down every other game they had (40+ apparently?) and the only ones left working on DRPG is Katherine (the person spoken too) and a graphic designer. They *have* the new update but the two of them have no idea how to program it in or translate it or anything so it's just going to be reruns forever until the ship fully sinks. No plans to rehire, nothing.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

They closed down every other game they had (40+ apparently?) and the only ones left working on DRPG is Katherine (the person spoken too) and a graphic designer. They *have* the new update but the two of them have no idea how to program it in or translate it or anything so it's just going to be reruns forever until the ship fully sinks. No plans to rehire, nothing.

:( :( :(

I'm so loving done with mobile games after this shuts down, and online only games in general. gently caress this poo poo.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I get how you feel, same way as it was my comfort grinding game.

That said EOS is here. RIP

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I get how you feel, same way as it was my comfort grinding game.

That said EOS is here. RIP

:(

For both global and Japan?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Nah, JP is still going strong and they just released a Disgaea 7 collab type thing with a few of its characters. No real sign of slowing down.

Global apparently got the EOS message a few days ago (I saw a screenshot of it anyway) and when I joined their server on discord it's just the gang talking about charging back purchases and saying 'gently caress boltrend'

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Nah, JP is still going strong and they just released a Disgaea 7 collab type thing with a few of its characters. No real sign of slowing down.

Global apparently got the EOS message a few days ago (I saw a screenshot of it anyway) and when I joined their server on discord it's just the gang talking about charging back purchases and saying 'gently caress boltrend'

God damnit. :( what a loving dick punch then. I wish we could at least have an offline version that is just the game with all of its original content available from the start.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the JP server's menus and stuff seem to be the exact same, there hasn't been any update, and it seems like there's a wiki and a couple guides for it on the subreddit, so if you want to switch you can. Ofc i get that restarting is very painful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Honestly there is no way I could start over again anyways. Especially with Disgaea 7 coming soon. I think I just have to accept my losses and move on with life. Every single live service / mobile game is shutting down currently.