Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I can't name myself Shinjobi as the name contains sensitive words.

:shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Kyoujin posted:

FYI there are some decent packs in the item shop for only 10 crystals that give ap pots, dg keys, and bribe items.

Thanks these are a good find.

What are peoples thoughts on who should be the first to 5*?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

MarcusSA posted:

Thanks these are a good find.

What are peoples thoughts on who should be the first to 5*?

Whoever out of the current big 3 you have the highest NE level for I guess. I went with Desco because I’m going all in on quick AOE clears right now and got more dupes of her naturally so her NE is the highest

I kinda wish I had a boosted Valvatorez though. Once boosted he seems practically indestructible when pushing into higher levels because of his stats and life steal.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Good Citizen posted:

Whoever out of the current big 3 you have the highest NE level for I guess. I went with Desco because I’m going all in on quick AOE clears right now and got more dupes of her naturally so her NE is the highest

I kinda wish I had a boosted Valvatorez though. Once boosted he seems practically indestructible when pushing into higher levels because of his stats and life steal.

Hmm well that would be Etna lol you might be right about Valva though. I could do one NE since we got that prism prinny.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

MarcusSA posted:

Hmm well that would be Etna lol you might be right about Valva though. I could do one NE since we got that prism prinny.

Sorry, when I said big 3 I meant Laharl, Desco, or Valvatorez. I wouldn’t spend dupes starring up etna

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
If you take someone like Laharl to 5* does that mean you need to 5* dupes to NE him later or do the base 4* dupes work? Where are people farming prinnies as 5* fodder anyways?

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

did you equip him with the growth sword that starts with a bunch of exp up innocents attached?

the exp boost from reincarnating is pretty big too so it's not surprising he's almost caught up again

Yes but it looks like it's the reincarnation bonus since once Etna/Flonne/Noel reincarnated they noticably outpaced Mao who isn't reincarnated yet.

smarxist posted:

only thing I've seen people mention is having thieves around to steal?

Their treasure drop rate bonus stacks too, apparently. I took 4 of them at the start of the game but I haven't used them much.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

MarcusSA posted:

Is there a list of which 2 and 3* dudes are worth NEing?

Prinny.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

If you take someone like Laharl to 5* does that mean you need to 5* dupes to NE him later or do the base 4* dupes work? Where are people farming prinnies as 5* fodder anyways?
Just lv1 4* base dupes. NE upgrades only cares about being the exact same unit. Every story mission seems to have a chance to drop 1* fodder so I'm assuming harder difficulty missions will drop higher star fodder.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Oof, already brickwalled on the story. But honestly I am perfectly happy just doing endless item world grinding lol.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

I said come in! posted:

Oof, already brickwalled on the story. But honestly I am perfectly happy just doing endless item world grinding lol.

I’ve brick walled on the story several times now, partially from reincarnating my big hitters. Thankfully there are lots of parallel tracks like item worlds and events and stuff that I just go do those and come back and find I can crush whattever I walled on a few hours later

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007
Grabbed Laharl from the initial freebie and got Valvatorez from my first pull lol

yes I'm just posting this to brag

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
That is a solid start. You could just save gems now.

For those stuck in story, try hard mode. It's only lvl 150ish at the start but you will need poison (zombie) to get mastery.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Kyoujin posted:

That is a solid start. You could just save gems now.

I kinda agree with this. I’ve done like 6 15 pulls and I’d advise saving up.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
don't forget to use your dark gate keys for up to 10 more swings at the EXP tree per day (which i didn't realize)

also what's player level do?

edit:
also in case anyone is curious; this game transfers back and forth from phone to bluestacks without any fuss, i usually have item world up on my second screen while doing other poo poo on the PC

smarxist fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Apr 15, 2021

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

I thought about doing some teambuilding stuff but right now its just easier to slap Desco + Noel + whoever since I didn't roll the other big 2 and just let them go to town. I don't get the thief team gimmick. Couldn't I just swap to them and sweep the stage?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Hy_C posted:

I thought about doing some teambuilding stuff but right now its just easier to slap Desco + Noel + whoever since I didn't roll the other big 2 and just let them go to town. I don't get the thief team gimmick. Couldn't I just swap to them and sweep the stage?

Thief is best in item world where you have a chance to get gear drops higher than your max item shop rank, depending on which item you’re invading. You can’t really sweep items. Instead you just autoattack/advance and run some thieves and check what you got at the end of the run. Right now I’m running two thieves I starred up to 4* and my three other strongest hitters and I’m pushing into item rank 13 or so. On normal campaign stages the drops are basically prinnies and resurrect mats basically.

Disclaimer that I never played JP and I’m just doing what seems right based on all the Disgaea I’ve played before, but I think I’ve got it right

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

ahh gently caress this :(

edit:
things I've learned:
my curse dragon monster is a boy
having a boy on your team as your support counts, even if they don't enter the battle

so this isn't too annoying.

smarxist fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Apr 15, 2021

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

meta non-nat 4*s to keep/potentially build:

1* Prism Indigo [axe wielder] (starts with a 25% party attack buff skill)
2* Thief (3% chest drop rate evility, stacks)
3* Pirate (5% chest drop rate evility, stacks)
3* Dark Knight (good atk% evility)
3* Santa Usalia [limited] (free gift from the current xmas event, good evility for magic parties)

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
If anyone wants to add me and my Dream Muscle'd Noel: 74023940359

e: Does the game ever explain what the strength limit thing is? I can understand why they won't let me bring a level 600 friend to solo cheese level 400 xp levels or whatever, but it's still annoying and it doesn't seem like account level affects it.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Apr 15, 2021

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Gyoru posted:

1* Prism Indigo [axe wielder] (starts with a 25% party attack buff skill)

1★ Prism Blue does this, too. He can be farmed from the last stage of Chapter 1, when you can only bring Girl Laharl, and have to face the boss that Veto's Laharl being transformed back into a guy.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Good Citizen posted:

Thief is best in item world where you have a chance to get gear drops higher than your max item shop rank, depending on which item you’re invading. You can’t really sweep items. Instead you just autoattack/advance and run some thieves and check what you got at the end of the run. Right now I’m running two thieves I starred up to 4* and my three other strongest hitters and I’m pushing into item rank 13 or so. On normal campaign stages the drops are basically prinnies and resurrect mats basically.

Disclaimer that I never played JP and I’m just doing what seems right based on all the Disgaea I’ve played before, but I think I’ve got it right

Ahh that makes more sense. I was thinking the Reincarnation mat stages, didn’t realize stuff dropped in Item Worlds.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

so how good is xmas laharl, as someone who just pulled him from the apologems

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
letting you dick around in item world without spending energy is an awesome design choice

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
thoughts on paying 50 NQ to get Dark Assembly points?

bumping the store up a few more ranks seems like a good use of what is a small amount of quartz i get for clearing a few sequences, and I have tons of AP pots

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I don't know why but I love the design of the zombie maid shop girl. This game is very clever, even if I don't know what is going on half the time.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009

Mix. posted:

so how good is xmas laharl, as someone who just pulled him from the apologems

Not as good as regular Laharl but strong and helps carry a farming team. At NE1 he gets a 5% chest bonus while thieves are only 3 and not sure what pirates have. Xmas Laharl strong enough to carry the other pirates/thieves in that party.

I use him all the time in my party even at NE0.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I am unable to log into the game

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

They just rolled back everyone's progress to before reset. People in the discord are pissed (lost summons, progress, dark assembly bill timing, etc)

What a colossal gently caress up

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Well that right there was a good hour or two wasted getting my first push through the story and event.

Feels like I'm playing the real disagea!!!

Edit: yeah, I get to redo essentially the entire first world all over and unlock the dark assembly once more.

Kicking rad.

Shinjobi fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Apr 16, 2021

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Yeah wow. I picked the wrong night to do a ton of poo poo. I also lost my login rewards? I imagine they'll fix that but if not there goes my 5* too 😋

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
Haha what a poo poo show. Even if they have a correct backup it will rollback the changes people are making now. Think it's better to redo progress now or wait and see what happens?

Edit: the super lucky pull on my alt that gave me Valvatorez and a dupe Flonne was rolled back. Actually managed to have Laharl, Desco, and Val... For an hour.

Kyoujin fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Apr 16, 2021

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

The servers aren't stable right now so don't even play until they address things

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Guess the game is dying again.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

The progress I lost was just given back to me. I didn't do anything but repeat what I had done so I don't know if they merged it with any progress you made after the rollback happened!

Edit: Oddly enough all I was doing was rushing through the xmas event missions. After the rollback, the point gain was like 5x so I thought maybe they patched that. Then the rollforward hit and now it's back to normal. Weird broken game lol.

Edit 2: Hey so my Dark Assembly doesn't have the "level up the store" anymore. I got it to level 7. Is that the cap or does the assembly change poo poo daily or... what.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Apr 16, 2021

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Whew got my lv900 team progress back.

Let's see what kind of compensation we'll get.

Resonance22
Dec 17, 2006

It seems doubly hosed. I wasn't aware there were server issues and have been playing the last 2 hours or so. It sounds like they rolled back the initial roll back, and I got caught in the 2nd one. Not sure why you'd keep the server open the entire time. The lost progress isn't the worst thing, just really annoying, but I also think I'm missing the daily log-in rewards and free daily pull.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

DaveKap posted:

Edit 2: Hey so my Dark Assembly doesn't have the "level up the store" anymore. I got it to level 7. Is that the cap or does the assembly change poo poo daily or... what.

That's normal. Higher levels prolly need either more main story progress or higher player rank (or both).

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Any reason to dick around in the event aside from getting a couple cheap Noel's? A million points for a rainbow prinny ain't happening and the other event items seem pretty meh

Also the points for clearing a stage are all over the place, i always have like a 90% bonus but the point total fluctuates from like 300 to 2400

If you could consistently pump it up to like 10k and skip it might be worth trying for big points but :effort:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I'm not really sure how to... do this event. I imagine the idea is to go through the story quests and unlock better nodes or something and get all the quest rewards to help buy out the shop, but I don't think many people can do anything past normal right now unless they've whaled a bit on the leveling gates or something. Feels like it's a bit too early in the game's life for this event, but oh well, at least got Noel and can maybe make it to NE1 with some grinding. :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I cleared up to normal to see if the points got way better and no, the xp is actually really nice though, so i might see if i can push into hard and clear one stage to see what those points are like, but yeah. They may just be running it for the hell of it to test events

edit: hit a wall midway through normal, ah well. there are big 20,000 point mission rewards later for clearing tons of stages so it seems like it's meant to be ground pretty hard

edit2: why does shop refresh lower item rank :negative:

edit3: gottem!

on myyyyy 5th? ten pull, with some of the 3000 compensation NQ, thanks devs! :grin:

smarxist fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Apr 16, 2021