Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Gyoru posted:

There's an option in the settings while in battle to use fixed voice pitches

holy poo poo there is!

i didn't even think to look because i didn't think there'd be one lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Gyoru posted:

There's an option in the settings while in battle to use fixed voice pitches

gamechanger

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

I now have a 4-star Prinny.

I just realized I totally hosed that up and now I don’t have a 4* prinny

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
The bad thing about having to wait until tomorrow for my Dark Assembly points to refresh is that I can't rename my main Prinny Mr. Ando yet.

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007
I need a new dumb gatcha game, so getting in on this. Added a bunch of you as friends, my friend ID is 10496818937

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really like the item world in this game, and seeing how far I can get.

Severedseven
Jun 6, 2007

Heavy and light

New Leaf posted:

I know this is the mobile game thread, but of the Disgaeas on PC, which would you recommend for a newbie to the world? I'm playing the mobile game pretty blind but enjoy it so far.

I didn't play 4 and I've just started 5 but my favorite story is still Disgaea 1 so far. I haven't played the Disgaea 1 rerelease I don't know what was changed.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
Holy crap. You can farm prism rangers from each of the boss stages in story mode. Once this event is over I'm going to grind them out and max evilities.
Made my first 4* awakening with prism red. Super sentai is go!

For non mobile disgaea, I've played 5, 1, and 4 in that order. Wish I started with 1 since it is a much simpler game with great story/characters. D5 is a much more complex game with a lot more content but the story is lame. I would just use the D1 dlc characters and geneeics over most of the d5 story guys.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Kyoujin posted:

Holy crap. You can farm prism rangers from each of the boss stages in story mode. Once this event is over I'm going to grind them out and max evilities.
Made my first 4* awakening with prism red. Super sentai is go!

For non mobile disgaea, I've played 5, 1, and 4 in that order. Wish I started with 1 since it is a much simpler game with great story/characters. D5 is a much more complex game with a lot more content but the story is lame. I would just use the D1 dlc characters and geneeics over most of the d5 story guys.

Yeah this is me a bit, I've played all of the games, the mechanics of 5 are pretty great, but the story is a yawner. It's all about goofing off in the item world/chara world to chill out and relax, not worry about the dumb plot.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
A solid 50% of the time I can't get past the title screen. It won't automatically log in half the time and I have to force-close the app and hope it works the next time. If I get to the title screen and it doesn't log in IMMEDIATELY it basically isn't going to happen. I've left it for several minutes and it isn't even trying. This happening to anyone else?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
How aggressive and stingy is the gacha in this?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Evil Fluffy posted:

How aggressive and stingy is the gacha in this?

At least early on you get enough to probably fill out a team of 4*s and enhance one of them (not counting Edna who you get for free)

I don’t know if it stays that way but there’s no pvp or big guild/world bosses so there’s a lot less pressure to chase the meta

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
I've found the gacha pretty bad but could just be my luck. Up to 9 draws and only got a 4* twice (1st and 4th draw).

So far it doesn't matter because of free starter, Etna, Flonne, and Noel. Might be an issue later when NE level matters and need duplicates. A bigger part of the game now is leveling and awakening which is all through farming.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Good Citizen posted:

At least early on you get enough to probably fill out a team of 4*s and enhance one of them (not counting Edna who you get for free)

I don’t know if it stays that way but there’s no pvp or big guild/world bosses so there’s a lot less pressure to chase the meta

I've yet to get any 4* pulls on the 40 or 50 pulls I made so far with freebie gems which is annoying, but I'm just running Etna and Flonne with Laharl and a Nemophila (plant girl) for the aoe regen until I unlock the item world, then I'll probably farm the event for a Noel.

The game's neat and it's Disgaea so I decided to grab the rookie pack for $4 but I ended up with a 2nd Flonne which is less than thrilling.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Scalding Coffee posted:

A reminder that there are missions for beating 80 dark gates for each section and the rewards are tons of high grade reincarnation items, during the two week period. It kind of gets hidden away with all the stuff the game throws at you. I would use some keys if it gets you close enough to reincarnating.

Mind elaborating on this? Where's the mission?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I should definitely NE this right?

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
The general consensus is to NE the Etnas. I'll go doing that too once I get my 2nd dupe.

If you were like me and just mashing the subdue button when it came up in item world, it may be worth using the bribe items. If you get a ! the innocent ran away and is permanently gone from the item.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Kyoujin posted:

The general consensus is to NE the Etnas. I'll go doing that too once I get my 2nd dupe.

If you were like me and just mashing the subdue button when it came up in item world, it may be worth using the bribe items. If you get a ! the innocent ran away and is permanently gone from the item.

Awesome thanks!

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Innocents seem real weird and less good in this game. Unless I’m missing something it takes an obscene amount of money to move them out of your item even when subdued and there’s no way I can see to improve/combine them in the innocent farm

For now I just threw the +xp ones on my best accessories and do free subdues on the ones I find in item world. If they run away then oh well

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
What time is reset? I thought it was 9pm but it doesn't look like it.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

smarxist posted:

What time is reset? I thought it was 9pm but it doesn't look like it.

9pm pst

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ahhh, midnight here in civilization then...

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
Santa Usalia does not give bonus points in the event. Missed opportunity there.

Is anyone raising their store level or just using the 100 dark assembly points for 2x exp and drops?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Kyoujin posted:

Santa Usalia does not give bonus points in the event. Missed opportunity there.

Is anyone raising their store level or just using the 100 dark assembly points for 2x exp and drops?

Mostly raising store and AP levels over here. Only did the boost one once to clear the starter mission

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

MarcusSA posted:

I just realized I totally hosed that up and now I don’t have a 4* prinny
Is there a specific thing we're supposed to do to get a 4* prinny?

Also I'd give a toe to get Disgaea 1-3 on PC with complete edition features. Playing 1 without fast forward movement is such a slog.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Apr 15, 2021

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Servers are down for maintenance from 2AM to 3 AM EDT

They're giving 1500 NQ, 10x Gate Keys, 10xDG Skip Coupons as compensation

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Gyoru posted:

Ended up being 1750 Quartz total

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
God one thing they nailed is that trying to understand why items have the stats that they do is loving inscrutable as a real disgaea game

It seems like "rank" "level" "Rarity" don't matter as much as what name or version of an item type you got

Like I have a legendary bamboo spear, level 3, Rarity 65 rank 4 and it only adds a lovely 12 ATK

i have an "uncommon" halberd, lower other stats all over but it adds 115 ATK...?

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
i've given up on ever pulling base 4*s so now i'm dumping everything i have into a cool fox and a prinny i named zucchini

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

On the 6th or 7th 10-pull I finally got another 4*: Mao :geno:

At least it's a 4* though. I've been running Laharl, Noel, Etna, and Flonne with random fillers so far, so he'll technically be an improvement. I don't get how/why Laharl levels so much faster than Etna and Flonne, just the extra xp from kills doesn't seem like enough since he's almost level 90 again after 1 reincarnation while those two are 96-97 without reincarnating yet.

Got up to the last stage of the event on easy but that level jump is rough so I'm going to go back to the story for awhile, and just casually farm deaths in IW on a prinny team while doing other things so that I can get the final muscle item for Noel to have mega regen.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gyoru posted:

I was in the middle of a item world run, and when the servers came back up it gave me the option to continue my run. I really appreciate that, I assumed I was going to lose all of my progress.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
nm, found these:
https://disgaea-rpg.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Lists

looks like the "rank" number is the hierarchical number and i'm misremembering something, so a rank 1 spear will be worse than a rank 4, and so on and so forth, phew, glad i found this, I just wanted a quick/easy way to know which items were worth grabbing

for anyone else maybe confused

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

smarxist posted:

nm, found these:

looks like the "rank" number is the hierarchical number and i'm misremembering something, so a rank 1 spear will be worse than a rank 4, and so on and so forth, phew, glad i found this, I just wanted a quick/easy way to know which items were worth grabbing

Yeah that's always how its been for the whole series, you want the highest rank items you can get. In some of the RPGs rarity can trump rank, but not for long.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I haven't played much Disgaea since the original 2 so yeah. The item stuff has always seemed a mess. Like there's no at a glance way too tell what's better without checking which, fair enough i guess.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Evil Fluffy posted:

I don't get how/why Laharl levels so much faster than Etna and Flonne, just the extra xp from kills doesn't seem like enough since he's almost level 90 again after 1 reincarnation while those two are 96-97 without reincarnating yet.

did you equip him with the growth sword that starts with a bunch of exp up innocents attached?

the exp boost from reincarnating is pretty big too so it's not surprising he's almost caught up again

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I will attempt to play this game

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

smarxist posted:

nm, found these:

To add a bit to this, rank and rarity (if it hits rare/legendary breakpoints) are the important bits in this game, according to my play so far.

Rank is important not just because of higher stats, but it allows you to loot even higher rank items in the item world of that item. Since raising shop rank is time gated by dark assembly points, this allows you to reach beyond your shop rank. My shop rank is like 7, but I have most of my guys wearing rank 9 and beyond from item world looting

Rarity is important because rare and then legendary have a much deeper item world level and can be made much stronger. Also the higher level item generals/kings/gods seem to have a higher chance of dropping good loot. So in general a common item will have 30 item world levels and cap out at +50 if you kill the boss, but a legendary item has 100 item world levels and can reach +180 if you reach the end, with all the added stats and chances for loot that implies.

So now that I have decent gear for my dudes, I’m hunting the shop refreshes for rank 7 items that have rare or legendary rarity whether or not they’re something my main 5 use just so I can farm in them

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Is there a list of which 2 and 3* dudes are worth NEing?

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
FYI there are some decent packs in the item shop for only 10 crystals that give ap pots, dg keys, and bribe items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

MarcusSA posted:

Is there a list of which 2 and 3* dudes are worth NEing?

only thing I've seen people mention is having thieves around to steal?